Ryan Jack- Contract

Was a bit of chat couple weeks back about Jack getting a new contract.

Anyone in the know about this?

Personally think this should be a huge priority. Arguably our best player and potential to be a future captain.

Fingers crossed we get him signed up on a long term deal.

Two years ago he was hit and miss, last year he was really good but this year he is just immense. Easily the best midfield in Scotland even though those two across the city get all the laudations. We would be lost without him and obviously Morelos as his value is just as equal. He is more than deserving of a contract extension.

6 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He's been having a great season and loves it here. Don't see any problems that would prevent him signing the new contract. We don't need to know about every step.

He says he's benefitted from learning from Gerrard, he's clearly improved and is now a key player for us, and he appears happy and enjoying his football. Im quite comfortable too that this'll all get sorted behind the scenes, and the cynic it me expects it'll get announced at a time that suits the club, ie before scum game / transfer window / to deflect from a defeat etc.

10 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Arguably our best player and potential to be a future captain.

When I read that I thought nah. But actually, based on this season, I probably would put him up there among our key players.

He's really grown and we should be fighting to secure his long term future with us.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Ryan Jack has massively improved over the last couple of years, proved me wrong and deserves his first team spot and new contract. However the bold is a bit of a myth as proven by the results when he's been missing.

Jack has missed 23 games since the beginning of last season. We lost 2. Livi away on a shambolic surface and 4-3 at Spartak with a horrific offside call.

Been some great results without him;

Maribor 3-1, Rapid 3-1  Villarreal 2-2, 1-3 Killie and hammering Hamilton, St Johnstone, Dundee, Hearts etc and won 17/23.

Reminds me of Coutinho at Liverpool highly praised due to his spectacular goals but without him the results were very impressive. Then he leaves and the money is used on important areas on the field and currently CL winners and probably PL winners. 

Hopefully he signs and I'm sure he will but the whole a lot weaker, lost without him and our best player is extremely OTT.

Been our POTY so far. Deny that and you’re dumb.

5 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Got to be Morelos so far, even games he's not scoring he's creating assists and running  defenders all over.

It’s between the two, Jack edges it.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Of course it's Morelos, to suggest otherwise is complete nonsense. But to be expected from the Goldson fanboy.

Jack performance in the Old Firm game was horrific. 

As was Morelos when he came on, and everybody but two were awful. One bad game.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Davis has been our best midfielder this season so far. 

As much as I rate RJ I tend to agree with this......... Davis has been outstanding this season..... hopefully they can both maintain their fine for and help win us some silverware.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Been our POTY so far. Deny that and you’re dumb.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Of course it's Morelos, to suggest otherwise is complete nonsense. But to be expected from the Goldson fanboy.

Jack performance in the Old Firm game was horrific. 

Lyndon Dykes imo

Archived