Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

No, we never gave him a "nice send off" in the club newspaper. A junior reporter gave the standard best wishes pish that most inconsequential staff members leaving would receive. Don't try and make out we put out a 10 page pull out lording the cunt up.

I'm not sure what your angle is here. No fucking paedo bastard should ever have had ANY sort of send off in ANY club publication ffs. 

Just now, Bydo said:

If he was sacked, he should not have had A nice wee parting of the ways paragraph under the Rangers News, under any circumstances.

Exactly. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont necessarily get it why a football club many years ago should report anything to the Police. That is the parents responsibility.

Nowadays I recognise that's different. But I believe no sexual assault took place ? Certainly one was threatened and thats bad enough.

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He is suing Rangers and if this is a legitimate claim we need to be sincerely apologising to him and compensating him

Threatening to spank a 14 year old? Really? You'd be ok with a coach telling your 14 year old to drop their pants? 

This is absolutely fuck all to do with those cunts on the other side of this city ffs. This is a very, very serious accusation that we covered up paedophilia at our football club 

That's not what he said,is it?

Easy claim to make considering it was 30 years ago and the Police back then would have binned any record of it after speaking to the parents and being told not to pursue it.

2 years ago we made a public statement saying we reported this to the police. We must have some substance to our claim

IIs it just coincidence that parts of that story actually did happen.... But it just was not at Rangers. 

The meeting in the car... Hmm strangely mirrors a meeting Hugh Birt had with celtic Director Kevin Kelly to alert KK to abuse within CBC

The reasons for Neely leaving in the club newspaper... Funnily enough this happened at Sellik(twice) 

Stop telling lies...... This is when the story lost any credibility when Aitken Moyes & Walker had bullied CBC youth to stop telling lies about "big Frank" 

Basically this cunt has concocted a story to involve us using actual events that happened elsewhere

A new low from BBC shitland 

Just now, psb07158 said:

2 years ago we made a public statement saying we reported this to the police. We must have some substance to our claim

That’s all we need, is some kind of evidence or indication that he was reported. If we said we did, but we didn’t, then I’m sorry but we have fuck all moral high ground ever again on this issue.

The club reported it to the police against the wishes of the parents, one of whom was a copper himself.

I doubt if anyone could say for definite whether or not any official report was actually made to the police as it was almost 30 years ago.  I  also understood that the boy's father was a member of the police.  If that was true then he would surely have known how to proceed.     

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not sure what your angle is here. No fucking paedo bastard should ever have had ANY sort of send off in ANY club publication ffs. 

Exactly. 

I see what your saying. But a news boy at Rangers wouldn’t have any clue what had happened apart from the fact that Neely had left. 

Anyway, Rangers must now come out and ask for a full independent enquiry  

Said it from the start that we’d be tied to it by any means necessary then the full investigation will start. 

Sacked when we found out what he’d done, Hibs knew he was a wrong one and didn’t alert us too it. 

Bit different from constantly hiring peadophiles for a peadophile ring

Just now, psb07158 said:

Exactly. 

So why phrase it like it was us saying fond farewells to a much beloved member of our staff? It was bog standard pish and if there was a police investigation under way the club are hardly going to report it in the Rangers News. Maybe it was thought that we should just do the bare minimum cheerio so as to not arouse any suspicion and risk impeding an ongoing criminal investigation?

Or nah just lets go hysterical.

I mean its only Walter, Souness and Alistair Hood we're talking about here. Not as if they have reputations for being upstanding and honorable people is it.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

If the allegations are true, and as I've posted above, the club has to investigate this immediately as a matter of urgency, then the timing of the claim is irrelevant. 

I’m sure that the club has investigated it but I agree that the club via Souness or others need to explain.

It was muted at the time that the police may not have recorded the incident because it was the boys word against him.

With regards to the article in the magazine, they couldn’t very well say he was sacked because of an alleged incident.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Considering the quality of human being we know was in charge of our club at the time I think its a fair bet they might be telling the truth

Coming out with a statement pronto is the best ammunition. If we are guilty, we need to own up and apologize and if we are not guilty, then try to show evidence. Either way, addressing the issue is right and will eventually make them look far worse.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

How would anyone at Rangers know he was an actual paedophile at that time?   

The whole defence we have hinges on exactly this- that we did know and that we did sack him.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I doubt if anyone could say for definite whether or not any official report was actually made to the police as it was almost 30 years ago.  I  also understood that the boy's father was a member of the police.  If that was true then he would surely have known how to proceed.     

Alistair Hood reported it after the parents stated they didn't want it reported. Logically what would have happened next is that the police would have taken the boys details from the club and contacted the parents. So either they didn't do that or they did and the boys parents declined to press charges.

Or the club didn't report it and the boys parents didn't bother either because as you say the father is a copper, so it boggles the mind as to why they wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

IIs it just coincidence that parts of that story actually did happen.... But it just was not at Rangers. 

The meeting in the car... Hmm strangely mirrors a meeting Hugh Birt had with celtic Director Kevin Kelly to alert KK to abuse within CBC

The reasons for Neely leaving in the club newspaper... Funnily enough this happened at Sellik(twice) 

Stop telling lies...... This is when the story lost any credibility when Aitken Moyes & Walker had bullied CBC youth to stop telling lies about "big Frank" 

Basically this cunt has concocted a story to involve us using actual events that happened elsewhere

A new low from BBC shitland 

If it is a concocted story then it’ll be easy to prove. We need a statement from Rangers before the end of the day and lawyers involved to shut these bastards in the media for good.. This dignified silence is what’s allowing these stories. 

If it is true then Rangers need to do the right thing and SFA should punish us substantially. It’s then up to the individual if they can continue to support the club.

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Just heard that on the tv, cunts trying to drag us down along with them.

Wonder what the complaint’s after or who’s working them

just knew that cunt Daly from the bbc would be involved 

If Neely was at the club for 4 years one would think there would be more than one complainant --- also doubt that Souness would not have reported this to the police. 

As far as i can make out,  the boy was assualted by a prick with previous (not reported by his previous employers) and when the manager was alerted he done the right thing by both the boy and the club by sacking the culprit mentioned.  Kinda cut and dried in my opinion . 

Archived