Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

just knew that cunt Daly from the bbc would be involved 

If Neely was at the club for 4 years one would think there would be more than one complainant --- also doubt that Souness would not have reported this to the police. 

I doubt him or Walter or any number of other members of our staff and/or board would have remained at Rangers if things like this were going on consistently and weren't being reported to the police.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Also worth keeping in mind that the horrible cunt would never have been in Rangers in the first place had his previous employers reported the much more serious allegations labelled against him whilst in their employ.

Never mentioned once in the report that Hibs moved him on without a word to anyone. 

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Also worth keeping in mind that the horrible cunt would never have been in Rangers in the first place had his previous employers reported the much more serious allegations labelled against him whilst in their employ.

Aye but they’ve got no money,  it’s all about money mate.

9 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I see what your saying. But a news boy at Rangers wouldn’t have any clue what had happened apart from the fact that Neely had left. 

Anyway, Rangers must now come out and ask for a full independent enquiry  

Nah I get that but in my work folk get punted for unsavoury things they don't get a thank you message the firm stays quiet and doesn't say anything? We could have said nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

So why phrase it like it was us saying fond farewells to a much beloved member of our staff? It was bog standard pish and if there was a police investigation under way the club are hardly going to report it in the Rangers News. Maybe it was thought that we should just do the bare minimum cheerio so as to not arouse any suspicion and risk impeding an ongoing criminal investigation?

Or nah just lets go hysterical.

I mean its only Walter, Souness and Alistair Hood we're talking about here. Not as if they have reputations for being upstanding and honorable people is it.

We didn't need to do any sort of cheerio. If we reported it to the police I'll be satisfied, the accusation is that it wasn't reported despite us saying it was. 

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’m sure that the club has investigated it but I agree that the club via Souness or others need to explain.

It was muted at the time that the police may not have recorded the incident because it was the boys word against him.

With regards to the article in the magazine, they couldn’t very well say he was sacked because of an alleged incident.

Don't need Souness or anyone to comment publicly I'm not slandering anyone's reputation we just need the club to conduct an investigation into these allegations and combat these claims if they are untrue and deal with them appropriately if they are true.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

How would anyone at Rangers know he was an actual paedophile at that time?   

We sacked him? We quite clearly believed his parents and our statement since that we reported it would stack up that we suspected he was guilty?

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Can I suggest moving this to general sports. Whilst its Rangers related, its fundamentally wrong to discuss it in the main, most visited section of the forum when we aren't allowed to debate the rest of the country's abuse in here too. It would be like doing the haters work for them.

That's not to say I want it covered up, or dont want the truth  to prevail. Any complicit club or individual should be hammered for their actions if proven. Which an independent enquiry has more chance of uncovering than a joke sfa one.

So let's debate away, but lets do it where the other debate is then the paedo lurkers and journalists can see the full discussion.

Edit: if it wanted, this is the time for the club to speak out about this and other allegations and convictions and demand independent review countrywide.

No. This is Rangers related. The other stuff isn't.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never mentioned once in the report that Hibs moved him on without a word to anyone. 

Aye and you'll note that he never worked for another club in Scotland after he was removed from his role at Rangers.

Strange that. A highly rated scout/coach becomes a free agent and no-one tries to hire him so he has to start his own private business?

It's almost like something about the guy wasn't kept a secret by erm, oh I dunno, Rangers?

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Nah I get that but in my work folk get punted for unsavoury things they don't get a thank you message the firm stays quiet and doesn't say anything? We could have said nothing. 

We didn't need to do any sort of cheerio. If we reported it to the police I'll be satisfied, the accusation is that it wasn't reported despite us saying it was. 

Don't need Souness or anyone to comment publicly I'm not slandering anyone's reputation we just need the club to conduct an investigation into these allegations and combat these claims if they are untrue and deal with them appropriately if they are true.

We sacked him? We quite clearly believed his parents and our statement since that we reported it would stack up that we suspected he was guilty?

The reporter at Rangers News probably wasn't even aware there was any reason not to print a story on his departure. Hardly damning evidence of a cover up. Uncomfortable to read knowing everything we know now, yes but the report on him leaving wasn't written in 2019.

Should we shut down Time magazine for giving Hitler man of the year? Surely that's evidence they knew about the camps.

To the streets!!!

I'd want the club to be investigating this urgently. I won't hold my breath, though. I'm pretty sure this is the same guy we told to chase the OldCo for funds when this claim first arose - which was classless. 

The headline is pretty laughable,  considering the rather large and obvious problems across the city.

As I stated before it’s uncomfortable reading and doesn’t look good,The BBC told Rangers they where going to run with this story on Monday and again on Tuesday yet no statement released,they can’t sit on this and say nothing they need to get ahead of it good or bad.

Just now, McKissock said:

I'd want the club to be investigating this urgently. I won't hold my breath, though. I'm pretty sure this s the same guy we told to chase the OldCo for funds when this claim first arose - which was classless. 

The headline is pretty laughable,  considering the rather large and obvious problems across the city.

The difference being that the company that operated their club back then is still going and they still post its accounts. Our oldco is out of our control. RIFC has no liability so he'd be wasting his time suing it. That's what he was told. There's nothing classless about it.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Then and now mate, then and now.

The club were unaware of his previous, it was a boys word against his, what if the guy had been innocent, the club could have been up for defamation if they reported it any other way

The club had to inform the fans that the guy was out the door

The real culprits are his previous employer who knew that accusations had been made.

Not whitaboutery ,but they bastards WILL get away with what they done, it would seem no one wants to take them on, just watch, in a couple of years, every club in Scotland will be tainted by the paedophile brush, while celtic, will still be the club who generously helped starving Irish immigrants. 

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Another guy said he was abused for 4 years after Neely left, and he's disappointed Rangers did nothing?

You did nothing! 

No mention of hibs either not informing us

Rangers have no control over what a private citizen does or doesn't do once they've left our club.

I suppose in these cunts minds we should have been in the dock alongside Gazza on a sexual assault charge as well then because we knew he was an overly empathetic and friendly guy?

Archived