Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

Rangers should be launching an internal investigation to establish once and for all whether the police were contacted. 

Nobody has been able to establish whether that was the case or not. 

There will, undoubtedly, be more victims of Neely that will or have already come forward and therefore the investigation should also focus on any failings at that time & ensuring all steps are now taken to protect children. 

we should also be calling for a full investigation at the highest level into abuse within football. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rangers contacted the police then there is no case to answer, it’s a pathetic move to drag us into the paedo scandal with they rancid fucking tramps we have the misfortune of sharing a postcode with. They’ve left their cover up quiet for months & now they want to drag us in? It’s almost as if we’re top of the league.. Chase yersels.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers should be launching an internal investigation to establish once and for all whether the police were contacted. 

Nobody has been able to establish whether that was the case or not. 

There will, undoubtedly, be more victims of Neely that will or have already come forward and therefore the investigation should also focus on any failings at that time & ensuring all steps are now taken to protect children. 

we should also be calling for a full investigation at the highest level into abuse within football. 

Didn't we say in a statement we called plod surely tae fuck someone wouldn't say that without checking first

6 minutes ago, Spectre said:

but you and I are still making the exact same point, that if a report was made (and I believe it would have been) that they would no longer have that report. You say "I can't find my old house keys it doesn't mean I never had them" as if it is contrary to what I'm saying when it's exactly what i'm saying, the police not having a report in the present day doesn't mean no report was ever made.

So don't play the game they're playing by taking paper records are unlikely to still exist and change it to the police don't have the report.

Again to sum up.

1.Boy made claim of abuse of a sexual nature

2.Manager interviews boy and parents

3.Manager confronts the accused with the facts he has been presented with and in conversation with the accused he believes the victims account and takes action

4. Manager takes what he sees as appropriate action by sacking the accused on the spot.

5.Officials at the club are said to report the accused to the police and there is no reason to question this

6.the police state that due to the period of time passed the can NEITHER CONFIRM OR DENY a report was made as the records were most probably lost at some point. 

Still cant see what HR department in the land would have a problem with any of these actions in a company now never mind 30 year ago

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Again to sum up.

1.Boy made claim of abuse of a sexual nature

2.Manager interviews boy and parents

3.Manager confronts the accused with the facts he has been presented with and in conversation with the accused he believes the victims account and takes action

4. Manager takes what he sees as appropriate action by sacking the accused on the spot.

5.Officials at the club are said to report the accused to the police and there is no reason to question this

6.the police state that due to the period of time passed the can NEITHER CONFIRM OR DENY a report was made as the records were most probably lost at some point. 

Still cant see what HR department in the land would have a problem with any of these actions in a company now never mind 30 year ago

RM HR is on the scene

I'm sure I read it was a phone call to the polis,if it was a letter I could imagine evidence being there in a physical form,but a phone call from thirty years back? Very doubtful if that was ever recorded,impossible to prove either way but I know who I'm trusting on this one 

Just now, heathen fish boy said:

I'm sure I read it was a phone call to the polis,if it was a letter I could imagine evidence being there in a physical form,but a phone call from thirty years back? Very doubtful if that was ever recorded,impossible to prove either way but I know who I'm trusting on this one 

If we've reported it, regardless of how we've reported it, they would have sent someone to speak to his parents. If those coppers are still alive then they could confirm it.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

We sacked him? We quite clearly believed his parents and our statement since that we reported it would stack up that we suspected he was guilty?

Yes we sacked him as we believed the boy (not his parents).   Only  latterly did we find out that Neely was a paedophile.  He was sacked for getting a boy to expose his buttocks and bend over Neely's lap for a beating (which never happened).    That was an old-fashioned method of punishment years ago and Souness etc must have been horrified but I very much doubt that anyone at RFC at that time suspected anything more sinister in a sexually deviant way.    As for the Rangers News article on Neely's departure I'm pretty sure that some junior journalist would have written that and not anyone in importance at Ibrox.   If you read the Rangers News it was amateurish  in content and clearly never proof-read before going into print.

27 minutes ago, Willis said:

Fucking bizarre the amount of cases of child abuse that apparently went unreported back in those days, like what the fuck did these parents do after finding out their child was abused? Make him a cup of hot chocolate and hope hell be fine in the morning and rest assured that it was probably a one off incident and that the abuser isn't going to do it to other kids? Like pick up the fuckin phone for christ sake

I know what you’re saying but parents will make a judgement based on the best interest of their child and what it could mean for them going forward (Rightly or wrongly)

Which is why the child often comes forward as an adult to report the abuse, they are less vulnerable and more resilient by then. 

41 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Please regale us with your view on how Rangers, a football club, could have any control over what a private citizen did or did not do in their private lives?

We allowed him. Aye because we're the establishment. Its the police, the government, The Crown, God then Rangers at the top init.

Fuck me gently.

Hibs didn’t notify us and he allegedly went on to abuse a boy at Ibrox, we sacked him but did nothing to stop him from coaching more kids. I’m out of here for tonight I’ve nothing  more to say

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Whoever made the report to the police ( probably someone higher than Walter or Souness ) needs to come forward and publicly make that claim.

Given both names u mention the rat would be lucky to get out Ibrox alive imo. Both men would've done the correct thing

Martin Henry said the article was "concerning," and was "new information" that his review had not previously been aware of. 

He added: "It would concern me if any institution knew that somebody presented a potential risk to young people and didn't follow it up with due care. And from what I've read that appears to be the case. 

"I can only construe it could well be that this was a public relations attempt to just explain Mr Neely's departure and to do it in a way that was as less compromising as possible."

This is what people will remember in 10 years time. The Scottish media thanks to our so called guardians have done their job . It’ll be twisted to show that Rangers and celtic are equals in this and put their reputation and standing ahead of kids that were sexually abused. I hope I’m wrong but I believe King will allow this to happen.

Just now, They Gnu said:

Hibs didn’t notify us and he allegedly went on to abuse a boy at Ibrox, we sacked him but did nothing to stop him from coaching more kids. I’m out of here for tonight I’ve nothing  more to say

You're out of here because you're full of shite.

Rangers don't control what people do in the their private lives even if they're employed by us never mind when they're not.

Blame Police Scotland for not taking it further or better still the boys parents for not taken the complaint Rangers made on their behalf any further.

Have the club said on what basis it was determined that the police were informed? It’s possible (but seems doubtful) that there was something in the employee files. More likely they spoke to the people involved at the time.

I really hope we have something rock solid to underpin the previous statement. If it can’t be properly substantiated that will become the story here when it really isn’t the issue. 

For example and hypothetically, lets assume the police were not contacted.  Had the club said in the previous statement that: 

- there was an alleged single incident with Neely involving inappropriate behaviour;

- the boys parents were fully involved in the process and he was fired;

- the incident, while inappropriate, was not obviously criminal in nature;

- had the club known about his past conduct at Hibs it would perhaps have been viewed differently;

- in hindsight the club regrets that another opportunity to get Neely out of football was missed;

- the club has nothing to hide and will cooperate with a full investigation,

would this be a huge story? By the standards of the time, if this was a single incident and without knowledge of what came before/after, the clubs behaviour would look pretty reasonable to me. 

Same report as before but BBC have thrown in an alleged cover up.  Club has done exactly what it was supposed to do. It received a report of abuse and sacked the coach. 

Stuff about no police report is misleading. Finding a paper record from the 80s would damn near impossible today. 

I expect this is back out as something fresh relating to scum fc scandal must be in the works. 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Yes we sacked him as we believed the boy (not his parents).   Only  latterly did we find out that Neely was a paedophile.  He was sacked for getting a boy to expose his buttocks and bend over Neely's lap for a beating (which never happened).    That was an old-fashioned method of punishment years ago and Souness etc must have been horrified but I very much doubt that anyone at RFC at that time suspected anything more sinister in a sexually deviant way.    As for the Rangers News article on Neely's departure I'm pretty sure that some junior journalist would have written that and not anyone in importance at Ibrox.   If you read the Rangers News it was amateurish  in content and clearly never proof-read before going into print.

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to fathom how anyone can think what allegedly happened is anything other than sexual deviancy.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Would be a complete utter fuck up if we claimed two years ago that we contacted the police without establishing the truth and facts beforehand. 

Each one of our previous boards and the current talk fluent shite on the regular. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Archived