Tom English Kilmarnock game comments - Club 1872 Statement

.Williamson.

Club 1872 has received confirmation that a complaint regarding Tom English’s comments on our statement about the crushing at the Kilmarnock game has been upheld by the BBC Executive Complaints Unit.

We’ve been told further information on any action taken by the BBC will be communicated to us shortly. We have not received any public or private apology from Tom English despite the BBC acknowledging his comments “went beyond a reasonable expression of professional judgment”.

We will shortly be updating our members on this and other ongoing correspondence and complaints regarding BBC Scotland and their coverage of Rangers and Rangers supporters.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a complaint against Michael Stewart upheld for his comments on Sportsound the day after the game. 

That’s now 2 individuals from the BBC who have been censured for effectively calling Rangers fans who were crushed trying to enter a football stadium, liars. 

Just let that sink in. 

It should be fucking headline news across the country. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I had a complaint against Michael Stewart upheld for his comments on Sportsound the day after the game. 

That’s now 2 individuals from the BBC who have been censured for effectively calling Rangers fans who were crushed trying to enter a football stadium, liars. 

Just let that sink in. 

Yet their is perceived bias. Go figure.

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Just let that sink in. 

Did it get to the ECU or did they uphold the complaint before it got there? If it went to the ECU it needs to be published I think, is that correct?

33 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Just let that sink in. 

Is it been reported anywhere as this needs highlighting, the ongoing situation with not speaking to our Manager as well. 

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s a complete idiot.

Its astonishing that the BBC keep him on. His reporting is awful. His main sport is meant to be Rugby Union and he’s a clueless halfwit when it comes to writing about that.

Yeah, completely ignoring the ridiculous bias, his writing is just terrible.

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Apologies mean nothing after the fact. The damage is already done.

Allegation front page banner headlines, apologies if any page 17 one paragraph at the bottom of the page that few people see, what you say is correct and gives journos carte blanche to publish what they want because they will have the get out of a meagre few lines of an apology.

Archived