***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I won't hold my breath mate Gerrard strikes me as the kind of manager that sets us up to contain the opposition rather than go after them from the off well away from home in Europe anyway.

He does he will be happy to pick up a point.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Just think. We should be going here on Thursday and a win would see us qualify. If we had beaten young boys. No pressure 

Yet if we get beaten now. I think we will have it all to do to qualify

We aren’t qualifying. Porto away, Feyenoord away are guaranteed defeats. Porto at home maybe a draw and we should be beating Young Boys at home. Doubt 7 points will be enough. 

dont see anything other than a porto win and it might be by quite a few goals

if we cant beat one of the shitest teams in scotland and can only get one shot on target for the 90 then a huge change has to occur for us not to be embarassed

Just now, Blueteeth said:

dont see anything other than a porto win and it might be by quite a few goals

if we cant beat one of the shitest teams in scotland and can only get one shot on target for the 90 then a huge change has to occur for us not to be embarassed

Aye cause that's how football works :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye cause that's how football works :lol:

I never stated I know how "football works" but are you saying that form is meaningless and if we don't improve on what we did during the Hearts game we could be in for a drubbing?

Maybe it's me that should :lol:

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I never stated I know how "football works" but are you saying that form is meaningless and if we don't improve on what we did during the Hearts game we could be in for a drubbing?

Maybe it's me that should :lol:

Form is meaningless? We had scored 10 goals in the 2 prior league games ffs.

Just have to draw a line under Tynecastle and move on.

Freshen the team up on Thursday and have a go. I would drop Tav and Goldson and rest Arfield and Ojo. Replace with Polster, Edmunston, Jack, and Stewart.

This is a game we are outsiders to win so nothing to lose

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Form is meaningless? We had scored 10 goals in the 2 prior league games ffs.

10 goals against shite.

Ah ok, and now the Hearts game didn't happen in your mind. 

Fair enough, maybe if the players have the same selective forgetfulness  they might get something from the game.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Just have to draw a line under Tynecastle and move on.

Freshen the team up on Thursday and have a go. I would drop Tav and Goldson and rest Arfield and Ojo. Replace with Polster, Edmunston, Jack, and Stewart.

This is a game we are outsiders to win so nothing to lose

Tav is the first guy I'd drop, but I don't see it happening.

Who knows though?

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

10 goals against shite.

Ah ok, and now the Hearts game didn't happen in your mind. 

Fair enough, maybe if the players have the same selective forgetfulness  they might get something from the game.

Naw the hearts game did happen but so did Aberdeen and Hamilton. Said form means they'd beat us I point out wed scored 10 in the previous two "aye but they're shite"

By your reasoning even beating hearts 2 1 woildnt change the fact they'll "beat us and by a few goals" cause hearts were shite anyway. Again by your reasoning even taking 5 off hearts would count for fuck all.

Imo Porto will best us as they're a better side than us. Nothing to do with Sunday. Your argument was stupid and all over the shop.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Naw the hearts game did happen but so did Aberdeen and Hamilton. Said form means they'd beat us I point out wed scored 10 in the previous two "aye but they're shite"

By your reasoning even beating hearts 2 1 woildnt change the fact they'll "beat us and by a few goals" cause hearts were shite anyway. Again by your reasoning even taking 5 off hearts would count for fuck all.

Imo Porto will best us as they're a better side than us. Nothing to do with Sunday. Your argument was stupid and all over the shop.

What a fuck head :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

DP but for anyone who wants to know I stated;

What a fuck head :lol:

I feel I should apologise because I think we might not win against 236m valued Porto after the performance against Hearts. Clearly form is not a key factor because we were able to destroy two really shite teams in the league - Hamilton and a severely weakened Aberdeen at Ibrox. let's be clear that there is no such thing as away and home form, and according to some form just does not exist.

Oh woe is me.

----------------------end of sarcasm---------------------

A draw will be an incredible result after that awful performance against Hearts, no matter what RFCwhatever will tell you.

Archived