***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I am looking forward to it as well. I just hope that Gerrard refreshes the starting XI.

Personally I'd drop most of the team, it's the only way I think we could get anything from this match. It might do some of the under performers good to know that their starting place is up for grabs. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We aren’t qualifying. Porto away, Feyenoord away are guaranteed defeats. Porto at home maybe a draw and we should be beating Young Boys at home. Doubt 7 points will be enough. 

Would love to be proved wrong Jela but our form isn't strong enough to convince me either 

I think we may take 1 point away from home 1 win and 1 draw at home 

8 Pts is my guess 

3 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Hope he does but knowing Gerrard it won't be major changes. Expect to see Kent start and changes in defence though.

The question is if he's fit enough to start, wouldn't be surprised if he comes on later in the game until he gets his fitness up.

12 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Blueteeth are you alright mate?

Bored at work mate.

I just find it amazing some people don't understand form be it good, bad, inconsistent, away or home doesn't have any effect on the next game.

Mind blowing.

We really needed to be in a good place going into this game, and beating Hearts and going top would have done that. Time for players to be dropped I think.

16 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Bored at work mate.

I just find it amazing some people don't understand form be it good, bad, inconsistent, away or home doesn't have any effect on the next game.

Mind blowing.

We really needed to be in a good place going into this game, and beating Hearts and going top would have done that. Time for players to be dropped I think.

Did we no go to Porto and draw the last time just after getting beat quite convincingly from paedo fc?

52 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I feel I should apologise because I think we might not win against 236m valued Porto after the performance against Hearts. Clearly form is not a key factor because we were able to destroy two really shite teams in the league - Hamilton and a severely weakened Aberdeen at Ibrox. let's be clear that there is no such thing as away and home form, and according to some form just does not exist.

Oh woe is me.

----------------------end of sarcasm---------------------

A draw will be an incredible result after that awful performance against Hearts, no matter what RFCwhatever will tell you.

Jesus calm your knickers mate.

Might see a change in formation here. Think of we set up 4-3-3 we could get hammered. 

Either 3-5-1-1 or 4-5-1 I think would work well. 

Perhaps 

Mcgregor  

Helmander Goldson Katic 

Kent Jack Davis Arfield Barisic

Morelos

or

Mcgregor

Flanangan Goldson Katic Barisic 

Arfield Jack Davis Kamara Kent 

Morelos 

I have to say I find it astonishing some fans say that Europa League is irrelevant.

Not sure of the exact figures but it's something like £550.000 for a win and £250.000 for a draw in prize money. We should be aiming to get as many points as we can. If we narrowly fail to get out of the group then its no disaster.

I'd play this team on Thursday. 

Mcgregor

Goldson Katic Helander

Tavernier Davis Aribo Barisic

Kent

Morelos             Defoe

5 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

I have to say I find it astonishing some fans say that Europa League is irrelevant.

Not sure of the exact figures but it's something like £550.000 for a win and £250.000 for a draw in prize money. We should be aiming to get as many points as we can. If we narrowly fail to get out of the group then its no disaster.

I don't see it as an irrelevance but the league should be the priority imo

If we could better prepare for an upcoming important league game by fielding a weakened side in Europe I'd be all for that. I know a lot of people will disagree, but for me this season is all about the league.

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He's an idiot mate. 

I stated my opinion be it right or wrong, you went on the attack then didn't like it when I went on the attack.

We both think each other are idiots, and we support Rangers. So at least we have two things in common. 

Imagine getting pissed off at someones opinion :lol:

47 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I stated my opinion be it right or wrong, you went on the attack then didn't like it when I went on the attack.

We both think each other are idiots, and we support Rangers. So at least we have two things in common. 

Imagine getting pissed off at someones opinion :lol:

Your point was retarded. You've fucked it. Anyway some of us have a plane to catch.

1 hour ago, Blueteeth said:

dont see anything other than a porto win and it might be by quite a few goals

if we cant beat one of the shitest teams in scotland and can only get one shot on target for the 90 then a huge change has to occur for us not to be embarassed

This was my first point, and it was retarded apparently, honestly think people have difficulty reading.

:stevieg:

McGregor

Tavernier   Goldson   Katic    Barisic

Davis

Kamara     Jack    Aribo/Stewart   Kent

Morelos

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Hope he does but knowing Gerrard it won't be major changes. Expect to see Kent start and changes in defence though.

Gerrard will be daft to start Kent he's had no pre-season at us and no game time. Helmander will start with Goldson as we have to squeeze some game time out of the 3 million pound white elephant.

A big european match, Gerrard has a chance to make a statement to everyone that nobody is undroppable by not starting Tav. Get Flannigan in there and give the armband to Davis or Jack if he is back. 

The last thing I want to see is Tav flapping about like he has done all season and giving away goals or crossing the ball to row z. 

Archived