League cup

Escobar

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Normally  I would always say . Win the league and the momentum we would get , would be ideal .

However with this group . I'm almost certain many of them, would think they had all become legends and get totally complacent for the rest of the  season .

That is how this group inspires me  

You might be right. Just hope we get to find out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Not confident but even if we do and get into the final probably against the Tarriers my confidence levels will plummet, I just can’t see this squad of players having the mental capacity to go out and really want to win.

Agree mate, any confidence I had took a doing the day.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If an Absolutely shite Hearts team beat us at Hampden the Gerrard and his team should be hunted.

Just can’t see it, at least at Tynecastle they’re on a extremely tight pitch and can sometimes be decent, Hampden is fucking massive and Levein has an absolutely shocking record in Glasgow. That’s not even mentioning the fact Jack and Jones will almost certainly be back by then and Kent will be fully fit.

14 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Just can’t see it, at least at Tynecastle they’re on a extremely tight pitch and can sometimes be decent, Hampden is fucking massive and Levein has an absolutely shocking record in Glasgow. That’s not even mentioning the fact Jack and Jones will almost certainly be back by then and Kent will be fully fit.

We have a shocking record at Hampden tbf

Winning silverware is absolutely huge for these players. Apart from Davis and McGregor, there’s very few (if any?) winners in our team. Until we do that, they will continue to perform below expectations and crumble under pressure.

21 hours ago, jim beam said:

Not confident but even if we do and get into the final probably against the Tarriers my confidence levels will plummet, I just can’t see this squad of players having the mental capacity to go out and really want to win.

I agree mate i just dont think for the most part this squad has the winning mentality. Or maybe they are just not as good as some people think they are Time will tell.

6 hours ago, WIBlue said:

Winning silverware is absolutely huge for these players. Apart from Davis and McGregor, there’s very few (if any?) winners in our team. Until we do that, they will continue to perform below expectations and crumble under pressure.

How many players from the 07/08 squad had won silverware before that season? You don’t necessarily need winners behind you to be a winner yourself. 

On 20/10/2019 at 17:27, Supersonic said:

Here's hoping Kent stays fit and Jack is back/fit by that point. 

Gerrard said Jack wont be out for long, Kent still to get match fit after missing a pre-season with us a fit boy but will still need time.

Only Jordan Jones is still a real fitness doubt.

If we get a fully fit squad and the big pitch at hampden we will batter Hearts. 

After yesterday I think Edmundson could be a better choice for that big cunt up front. 

Woukd like to see us try:

Mcgregor

Back 4 of - Flanagan, Goldson, Edmundson and Barisic

Midfield 3 of - Jack (c), Davis and Arfield 

Front 3 of - Kent, Morelos and Jones

Kent and Jones can interchange.  

Or could play Stewart Morelos Kent 

Drop Tav, Katic, Aribo and Ojo from yesterday’s line up. 

Archived