Message to supporters

One Jock Wallace

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/message-to-supporters-2/

Rangers takes this opportunity to remind supporters, especially those travelling to Portugal for the Europa League match against Porto, that they have a duty to represent the Club in the best possible way.

There must be no singing of songs, or behaviour which UEFA could deem unacceptable and the Club urges all our fans in Portugal to do everything possible to portray themselves and Rangers in the best possible light. Remember that UEFA has already imposed a sanction on Rangers so we must be vigilant and give them no cause to take further and more serious action against us.

The behaviour of our fans in recent times has been exemplary but it is important to maintain those standards at home and abroad. At all times we must be aware that whatever we do, both inside and outside the stadium today and tomorrow, our behaviour will come under the closest scrutiny.

Having said that, however, this fixture also provides another opportunity for Rangers to be showcased as a modern, all-inclusive Club. Let others fall foul of the authorities – we have seen what happened in Bulgaria just more than a week ago and there is now an investigation into a racist slur against one of our own – while we concentrate on supporting Steven Gerrard and his players in the correct way.

Be loud and be heard and hopefully celebrate a victory with the team at the end of the match but please, keep in mind that UEFA’s view of racism is wide ranging, which means singing or behaviour that could bring much more serious repercussions for the Club must be avoided.

In the same way the players are ambassadors for our Club so, too, are we, the supporters. So enjoy Porto, enjoy the game and together let’s promote Rangers positively. Let’s set higher standards and continue to demonstrate that Rangers is for Everyone, Anyone.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Patronising as fuck to release that IMO.

We’ve already been punished for the previous incidents and we have behaved impeccably ever since.

Not really.

We’ve already had the closures and if anything else happens the club can say we put out a warning to fans etc to prevent any other issues.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Not really.

We’ve already had the closures and if anything else happens the club can say we put out a warning to fans etc to prevent any other issues.

I think it’s is. Are they going to release a statement every single time we play in Europe or will we get to a point where they trust the support to act appropriately?

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think it’s is. Are they going to release a statement every single time we play in Europe or will we get to a point where they trust the support to act appropriately?

No but this is our first away game since Legia where we got our fine and officially taken tickets. 

So it’s fair enough in this instance.

28 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Has the club ever stated a list of which songs cannot be sung?

The club haven't but Club 1872 named the songs specifically which basically means it's coming from the club.

The club still needs to come out and say it officially though IMO.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

The club haven't but Club 1872 named the songs specifically which basically means it's coming from the club.

The club still needs to come out and say it officially though IMO.

Totally agree, I don't read all Club 1872's releases so I didn't get it and I'll not be the only one.

It's about time they showed some baws instead of just getting Club 1872 to do everything that might be slightly controversial.

"What songs can't we sing then" is the stupidest comment I hear, if you don't know by now then you're either deaf or blind because you haven't heard or read anything in the past 10 years, it's all common sense stuff and to claim anything else is just being obtuse.

There are plenty of songs, including loyalist ones that don't include add-on our references to words we KNOW uefa will punish.

The fans have stood up & been counted so far, so let's keep it going.

10 minutes ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Would have thought that's pretty obvious by now mate. 

Whether it is obvious or not doesn't matter a fuck to be quite frank, if the club is serious about this in my opinion it should grow a set of baws and state which songs we cannot sing.

Best being completely and utterly transparent with this kind of thing, instead of just hoping everyone is on the same page. If the club wants to lead us, let it lead.

8 minutes ago, One Jock Wallace said:

What's interesting for me is that they mention behaviour inside & outside the stadium which makes me wonder if FARE etc can report outside stuff too. Shocking if that's the case 

We all know how one sided those cunts are, I don't know how they could enforce anything against the club though if it was outside the property if you know what I mean.

Archived