Helander

G.E.C.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to see after last nights performance that he's not a mainstay in the team I say that as someone who rates Katic highly not for one moment saying Katic is the one who should give up his place it's just Gerrard seems to rate Goldson above him. 

18 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Colossus tonight. I am a Katic fanboy but fuck knows what the gaffer does with this group of centre backs. Still say the one I have least faith in is goldson 

Much as I like Katic he deserved to be dropped after Sunday's showing were he had a stinker, wether Goldson would be dropped for a similar performance is up for debate but what a replacement to have waiting in big Helander absolute machine last night.

1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

He was up against a unit last night and done himself proud, had one poor game, would give him the benefit of doubt for the livi pitch though.

People are also quick to forget that the Livi game was his 3rd game in 6 days, now im by no means saying he shouldn't be able to play that many games in that period but throwing him in for those 3 without him seeing another 90 minutes before definetly effected him come Livingston, he's no spring chicken but he looked like he was running on quicksand that game.

Helander had an excellent game although his lack of pace is a bit worrying.    I think what helped our defence last night was that the players in midfield and attack covered back a lot.    I felt that the shift that Kent and (much to my surprise) Barker put in helped take a lot of pressure off the defence.  I felt that was most obvious after our substitutions.

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard said he wants a settled team. I expect that to be the CB pairing for the foreseeable future. As harsh as that is on Edmundson and Katic.

Goldson is by far the weakest link of our 4 CBs in my opinion.   Helander certainly seems more assured in European games nut for me the domestic games take precedence.    Katic would be a definite name on the team sheet for me.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Goldson is by far the weakest link of our 4 CBs in my opinion.   Helander certainly seems more assured in European games nut for me the domestic games take precedence.    Katic would be a definite name on the team sheet for me.

Goldson is the most experienced and that goes for a lot as a CB. Katic & Edmundson will be starters one day and hopefully for years to come.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

My motm today. Couple of bits of sloppiness aside, thought he was excellent. Would have given him without his crucial excellent winner.

I thought he was shaky at times but got us a goal and nearly another

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

My motm today. Couple of bits of sloppiness aside, thought he was excellent. Would have given him without his crucial excellent winner.

You have got to be a the wind up here , if he hadnt scored that header he would have been strung up on here, the guy was terrible today.........

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

You have got to be a the wind up here , if he hadnt scored that header he would have been strung up on here, the guy was terrible today.........

😂 I'm not, honestly thought he coped really well with their physicality and swept up most trouble they posed.

Archived