Allan McGregor

Swagger

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Hes the best signing weve made in years, that also doesnt change the fact he jumped ship and abandoned us before, I like the guy and welcome him back and I'mgreatlful for his performances but I'll never call him a legend or hold him in that regard, hes making up for it bit it will always be a blister on his record

That’s fair enough mate. You can’t argue with that. In my eyes he is up there. He’s made saves I’ve seen with my own eyes that a didn’t think possible. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see Goram make some of those taig heartbreaking saves. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

That’s fair enough mate. You can’t argue with that. In my eyes he is up there. He’s made saves I’ve seen with my own eyes that a didn’t think possible. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see Goram make some of those taig heartbreaking saves. 

Him being a great keeper doesnt change the fact he abandoned us when we needed him, I can forgive it but I wont forget it

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He still is, and always will be let’s be honest. Good performances don’t change that. 

He jumped ship and betrayed us, but hes at least done something to make up for it, unlike Naismith for example who is a dirty rat bastard.

At the same time I wont deny that McGregor probably changed his tune cause he saw how much wed pay him, hes still a traitor but at least has showed repentance 

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

He jumped ship and betrayed us, but hes at least done something to make up for it, unlike Naismith for example who is a dirty rat bastard.

At the same time I wont deny that McGregor probably changed his tune cause he saw how much wed pay him, hes still a traitor but at least has showed repentance 

Alright then theoretically, had Naismith signed, and scored a few important goals is he also then not a rat bastard?

6 minutes ago, Willis said:

Him being a great keeper doesnt change the fact he abandoned us when we needed him, I can forgive it but I wont forget it

I can understand mate. Like I said I can’t argue with what you said. I’m judging him on his keeper skills, and I’m pretty grateful we have, in my opinion, a world class keeper. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Alright then theoretically, had Naismith signed, and scored a few important goals is he also then not a rat bastard?

He’d have liked to. He was all but begging to come back but thank fuck it never happened. He’s still got ability but no danger he’s playing more than 15 games a season and be decent in about 4. I personally didn’t want McGregor or Davis back but both have absolutely proved their worth and desire to make up for the past, I don’t doubt Naismith regrets what he did but unfortunately for him he’s literally got nothing to offer us. Fuck him. 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

He’d have liked to. He was all but begging to come back but thank fuck it never happened. He’s still got ability but no danger he’s playing more than 15 games a season and be decent in about 4. I personally didn’t want McGregor or Davis back but both have absolutely proved their worth and desire to make up for the past, I don’t doubt Naismith regrets what he did but unfortunately for him he’s literally got nothing to offer us. Fuck him. 

I still dont know how I sit with Davis, always annoyed me how he seemed to be given more leeway than the rest just cause we got a fee for him which he had no part in, obviously I'm being a completely biased hypocrite here but I've been a biased hypocrite that leans towards lunacy on here for years and I'm not going to change my tune now 😅

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Only seen him against us, Hibs and the Tarriers and he’s looked awful in every game mate.

On 24/10/2019 at 21:09, IpswichGer said:

Outfuckingstanding.

I remember when Wes was #1 and I was always nervous. McGregor in goal? He puts me at ease so much given the confidence I have in him. 

Worth his weight in gold.

This 100%.

Legend.

1 hour ago, GaryMc said:

Also I hate when these types of topics end up about that rat bastard Naismith. I wish people would just let that cunt rot away with Whittaker into obscurity until they die.

No route to forgiveness for you then? :lol:

1 hour ago, Stoorie said:

The rat bastard Naismith owes Rangers a pair of knees. We as fans, paid for him to recover from serious injuries and he wouldn’t be in the position he is without Rangers,.

I want his knees back. They belong to us.

Rat bastard.

I agree only I dont demand the return of said knees, just the assurance of their destrucn, in fact I'm not a greedy bastard like you, one demolished knee will do for me 😉

McGregor and Davis paid their worth ten fold first time around and doing it again this time.

When your employer stops paying your wages and you have an opportunity to turn a  serious buck, no apologies, but loyalty goes straight down the toilet. Did I miss something?

Whilst I pay employees, I expect them to be loyal and do the graft. After that, I neither expect them to give a fuck about me or my company, nor I about them.

Employment is but a means to put bread on the table and your worth to an employer is what they pay you.

Can't fucking stand Naismith or Whitfaker though.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

McGregor and Davis paid their worth ten fold first time around and doing it again this time.

When your employer stops paying your wages and you have an opportunity to turn a  serious buck, no apologies, but loyalty goes straight down the toilet. Did I miss something?

Whilst I pay employees, I expect them to be loyal and do the graft. After that, I neither expect them to give a fuck about me or my company, nor I about them.

Employment is but a means to put bread on the table and your worth to an employer is what they pay you.

Why do you compare playing for Rangers to be like working the grill at McDonalds?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Totally agree.

The support is mental sometimes. We talk about the love for Alfredo one minute and count how much he's worth in almost the same breath. I'm not saying we don't give a shit about our players, but it cannot be denied we see them as a commodity sometimes. So why should they not see things the same way? It doesn't mean they don't care about Rangers, it means they're professional footballers.

A lot of us, myself included think that if we played for Rangers that would be it. Sometimes it's more complicated than that. These players are human beings with families and a relatively short working life unless they decide to do something else. There are jobs beyond football, but there are limited managerial, coaching and punditry jobs out there, so it's easy to see why players try and make as much as they can as quickly as possible - especially when at any time you can suffer a career ending injury.

Archived