Morelos + Defoe

BridgeIsBlue

6 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Thought OP was going to suggest playing both when i saw thread title.

Previously i wasnt keen on it but maybe its something we should do more often. 

If we had Defoe, Buff & Kent as a front 3 with good movement and interchanging they would be a real handful. Not saying every game but could be option as i think we are lacking a bit down the channels anyway.

Maybe not a direct comparison but look at Liverpools front 3, Mane is about the nearest to a winger so we dont need 2 wingers and 1 striker either.

Most of their width comes from the full backs, which could work for us too -  possibly worth considering?

We play the exact same tactics as Liverpool.

Narrow 3 in midfield the rhs midfielder covers space when Tav goes forward and lhs of 3 covers Barisic.

This leaves the bulk of the scoring to be done/provided by front 3.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fucking beautiful to see in all honesty and will be awful when it's over.  Just hopefully it lasts at least until they've brought the league home in May, and there aren't any ridiculous bids for Morelos in January that we can't turn down.

If he plays against Porto again like he did last week, I can see them coming in for him tbh!!

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We play the exact same tactics as Liverpool.

Narrow 3 in midfield the rhs midfielder covers space when Tav goes forward and lhs of 3 covers Barisic.

This leaves the bulk of the scoring to be done/provided by front 3.

Their front 3 all score. Its only our central player that scores. If we had a different dynamic up top we might get more joy.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

18 goals in 22 games, only two yellow cards (I think), 0 red cards and a constant smile on his face. Let the bidding start (in June) at 30m.... what a player!

Smile? Except when he gets subbed after scoring, everyone else smiled though

Morelos and Defoe have now scored a total of 31 competitive goals this season.  Well on track to hit between 60-70 for the season.  Best part is, they’re almost never on the pitch at the same time.  This could turn out to be one of the most prolific strike forces we’ve had in decades.

On 28/10/2019 at 21:25, Jimbeamjunior said:

Liverpool arent up against 11 men behind the ball with 2 centre halves that are built for caber tossing instead of football though, 

Liverpool are up against this week in week out.   Play 4-2-4 against the shite that sit deep.   More realistically 2-4-4 when attacking with the two full backs pushed up. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Morelos and Defoe have now scored a total of 31 competitive goals this season.  Well on track to hit between 60-70 for the season.  Best part is, they’re almost never on the pitch at the same time.  This could turn out to be one of the most prolific strike forces we’ve had in decades.

In recent times we have only had one partnership that been close to the level of the best pair in my time, Mcoist and Hateley, Prso and Novo were awesome together, but the M and D partnership could very soon be eclipsing Prso and Novo despite rarely playing at the same time. 

There seems a great bond between the guys and seem just as happy for each other when they score 

Archived