Davis and Jack. Our midfield solution.

Think we've found the real midfield confidence and solidarity for the team. 

Davis sitting in front of the defence controlling it from the back. Strolled it at weekend. Jack. sitting further forward  controlling the forward play. Strolled it tonight.

Certainly room for them both in the same team, and  with their  great wealth of experience, willingness to take responsibility and also ability to open up the game, allowing Ojo, Aribo, and hopefully Kamara, Arfield and Kent to really express themselves.  

BookWorm likes this

Both are playing very well.  However, tonight was the first time one of our middle three scored a league goal for us.  I still maintain we need someone next to Davis and Jack who is better in the final third creating and scoring goals.  Aribo looks like the best chance we’ve got but he’s been very inconsistent lately.  Hopefully he can kick on from tonight and get a bit of form going.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Both are playing very well.  However, tonight was the first time one of our middle three scored a league goal for us.  I still maintain we need someone next to Davis and Jack who is better in the final third creating and scoring goals.  Aribo looks like the best chance we’ve got but he’s been very inconsistent lately.  Hopefully he can kick on from tonight and get a bit of form going.

If Aribo is left too attack like tonight he will be a huge player for us. 

Balance of a team is so often overlooked. You can have two brilliant players but if their balance is not right then it can nullify both players.

Just look at the Gerrard/Lampard problem that England had throughout their careers. 

I don’t know what the right balance is but we had it last night and we didn’t have it against Motherwell

Kamara, Davis, Jack, Aribo, are all good good players but in my opinion there are some combinations of those 4 players that just don’t seem to work. Add Arfield to that list too because he is just off his game right now for whatever reason 

8 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

The key for me is Aribo playing higher up the park. Saw how much more effective he was tonight. 

Davis sitting, Jack box to box & Arfield close to Morelos is our best midfield 

Arfield should not be our starting 11 right now. Worst player in a Rangers jersey last night, another game where he offered very little other that giving away possession on numerous occasions with either a bad first touch or poorly weighted pass.

Davis has come onto a game and played well recently but it looks the midfield three from last night do their best work when he isn’t in the team. Think him and Jack are pretty similar in the spaces they occupy and areas they pick up the ball in so maybe they’re tripping over each other a bit and that’s why you seen the very best of Jack last night 

The only other time that 3 from last night started together from what I recall was Midtjylland away, that’s 2 pretty decent performances they’ve put together

I’d keep this midfield as the starters until there’s reason not to with Davis used as back up for Jack 

46 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I wouldn't change a thing for sunday, last nights midfield played well, get a bit of consistency in the heart of the team 

I wouldn’t have Arfield in the team mate right now. He looks lost and his touch isn’t there. Defo needing a rest or a talking to. Something not right with him this year.