Murphy

bluenoz

What did everyone think of his 30 minutes tonight?

This is my assessment....... I think he is playing at around 75% capacity. If/when he increases to around 90% he will be a very valuable player. His experience stands out to me. If you watch his movements off the ball, they are smart. This is why his ratio for goals/assists are always high. He doesn't have the flash of Kent or the speed of Jones or Barker but he can be equally effective. I thought he played well tonight.

I'm still not convinced Gerrard thinks likewise.

Don't even think he's at 75% but his lack of proper competitive action will mean he will struggle to get to 100% or a sufficient level in training for him to get the nod in our more important games (unless there's an injury crisis). 

He'll continue to make little cameos here and there against pish in the league. We should loan him in January to a team (Motherwell?) where he will play week in week out until the summer then give him a full pre season and gauge where he is in comparison to our other wingers. 

Was chasing everything when he came on ...... but he is definitely at about 60/70% match fit ..... and he won't get up to speed with the little time he is getting due to the other players ahead of him being match fit.

This is a very important situation for him  ...... and other than Kent ..... and if he was fit offers more than the players who at the moment are ahead of him due to being fitter than him.

I have always liked his style of play and he is an intelligent and clever player .... earlier this year I said he should get out on loan to get match fit .... but obviously he has decided to fight for his position .... his decision ... and I tend to disagree with it now that our squad has the likes of Kent ... Jones  ... Barker and even Ojo all in the mix.

I think SG rates him ..... but I sadly feel he will not get the opportunity to prove he deserves to be in the running now.

:UK:

Archived