Ross County Pitch

Ozblue

What a bloody disgrace that with an average attendance of 3,849 they can put a grass pitch down that's as good as any in the country, yet Hamilton Accies with an average attendance not much less than Ross County, and Kilmarnock with an average attendance  of 6,894 continue to put down those fucking horrible plastic monstrosities that are an embarrassment to the Scottish Premier League.

What makes it even more ludicrous is that Hamilton and Killie insist they have to have plastic pitches because of the severe weather conditions, which in itself is a total joke when you compare Kilmarnock and Hamilton against  the Baltic weather in Dingwall.

Full credit to Roy MacGregor and the board of Ross County for  having a playing surface that allows good teams to show their skills with a ball at their feet. I wish them well and hope these other cunts get relegated along with their plastic bouncy surfaces.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

A proper wee club.

Their ground might be fairly basic in the way of amenities, but I think Roy MacGregor is running the club in the proper manner and has his priorities right. For a little club like that to have such a great record of trophies in their history  is up with the best of provisional clubs, so best of luck to them, apart from when they play us, of course.

43 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

What a bloody disgrace that with an average attendance of 3,849 they can put a grass pitch down that's as good as any in the country, yet Hamilton Accies with an average attendance not much less than Ross County, and Kilmarnock with an average attendance  of 6,894 continue to put down those fucking horrible plastic monstrosities that are an embarrassment to the Scottish Premier League.

What makes it even more ludicrous is that Hamilton and Killie insist they have to have plastic pitches because of the severe weather conditions, which in itself is a total joke when you compare Kilmarnock and Hamilton against  the Baltic weather in Dingwall.

Full credit to Roy MacGregor and the board of Ross County for  having a playing surface that allows good teams to show their skills with a ball at their feet. I wish them well and hope these other cunts get relegated along with their plastic bouncy surfaces.

Agree with the sentiment mate, but County do actually have a plastic pitch. The building behind the away stand is the Highland Football Academy and contains a 3/4 size artificial pitch which has been a consistent revenue stream for a number of years now, might actually be over a decade since it was built. And there's a full size astro pitch parralel to the stadium which was put in place even before that. The credit should go to them for working with the council to put these in place a long time ago with the vision of becoming a Premier League club but more importantly to the ground staff team who put in a huge amount of work to maintain their grass surface in what is rough weather for the majority of the year. 

Don't get me started.

The plastic shite changes the nature of the the game, not to mention the risk of injury.

The incompetent and corrupt SFA selling our game short with this and making us an even bigger laughing stock. It's a fucking joke.

Hats off to Roy McGregor and Ross Country. That pitch was as good as you'll get and in fucking Arctic conditions.

There is simply no argument for plastic pitches when they can come up with this in their circumstances.

4 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Agree with the sentiment mate, but County do actually have a plastic pitch. The building behind the away stand is the Highland Football Academy and contains a 3/4 size artificial pitch which has been a consistent revenue stream for a number of years now, might actually be over a decade since it was built. And there's a full size astro pitch parralel to the stadium which was put in place even before that. The credit should go to them for working with the council to put these in place a long time ago with the vision of becoming a Premier League club but more importantly to the ground staff team who put in a huge amount of work to maintain their grass surface in what is rough weather for the majority of the year. 

Yes I know about the pitches, re: The Dingwall campus of the Highland Football Academy is situated behind the Academy End. It has a three-quarter size 3G astroturf pitch under cover and a full size Astroturf pitch adjacent to the East Stand, which has markings for football, 5-a-side football and hockey.[8] The Academy also has three full size grass pitches, plus additional grassed training and warm-up areas.

According to what I read, Victoria Park is a grass surface, but if indeed it has been changed to an astroturf surface, then it's the best looking pitch in the country.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Don't get me started.

The plastic shite changes the nature of the the game, not to mention the risk of injury.

The incompetent and corrupt SFA selling our game short with this and making us an even bigger laughing stock. It's a fucking joke.

Hats off to Roy McGregor and Ross Country. That pitch was as good as you'll get and in fucking Arctic conditions.

There is simply no argument for plastic pitches when they can come up with this in their circumstances.

I've just been informed by KBOO72 that the Ross County pitch is an artificial surface and not grass. If that is the case then that's a fucking belter of a playing surface and looks nothing like those fucking monstrocities at Rugby Park and New Douglas Park.

Just now, Ozblue said:

Yes I know about the pitches, re: The Dingwall campus of the Highland Football Academy is situated behind the Academy End. It has a three-quarter size 3G astroturf pitch under cover and a full size Astroturf pitch adjacent to the East Stand, which has markings for football, 5-a-side football and hockey.[8] The Academy also has three full size grass pitches, plus additional grassed training and warm-up areas.

According to what I read, Victoria Park is a grass surface, but if indeed it has been changed to an astroturf surface, then it's the best looking pitch in the country.

No, you're correct. The stadium pitch is grass and its just down to hard work that it's in the quality condition that it is. My point is more about the revenue brought in from the artificial surfaces in the surrounding area which seems to be a big argument from the likes of Livi, Hamilton etc as to why they have the shite plastic they do in their Stadiums. County still have the additional revenue being brought in all year round from the HFA that those other clubs are only getting because they've opted for the plastic. 

5 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Original post was SPOT on and hats off to Ross County for a tidy wee stadium and a great playing surface.  Some rocket mentioned plastic pitches in Dingwall, we have them for training a Rangers  but don't use them for competitive games.  Played on Vallettas plastic  in Malta a few times and IMO they should never be used for competitive  games.

So kick these cuntish teams with cheap plastic pitches out the top flight and support clubs who grow grass 😁

Legalise grass and ban plastic

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Original post was SPOT on and hats off to Ross County for a tidy wee stadium and a great playing surface.  Some rocket mentioned plastic pitches in Dingwall, we have them for training a Rangers  but don't use them for competitive games.  Played on Vallettas plastic  in Malta a few times and IMO they should never be used for competitive  games.

So kick these cuntish teams with cheap plastic pitches out the top flight and support clubs who grow grass 😁

Many years ago around 1972, Terry Venables wrote a book entitled, "They Used to Play on Grass"  which was a novel that predicted the end of grass as a playing surface, and that plastic pitches would become the norm in football. I remember talking to "El Tel" artound 1998 and said that he wasn't far off the truth with his prediction. I had a kick about on one of those fucking things and to be honest, I would rather play on red ash trhan one of those fucking things.

29 minutes ago, Swagger said:

They have a good little set up there and I’m pretty sure they and Dingwall would have been delighted to have Gerrard and Rangers there last night. Big difference from the bitterness in the rest of the SPL 

I think they are a club that are run by a chairman who while being ambitious doesn't have delusions of grandeur about where the are in reality regarding the size of their support and their ability to sit at the top table of Scottish football, unlike your Hibs, Aberdeens, Dundee Utds, etc who like to think they are big powerful clubs in a European sense, ( I give you the guff the Killie fans were spouting the last game of last season about their forthcoming European adventure) and didn't even need to use their passport.

I think they may have made some friends last night both on and off the park.

25 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

They are such an adorable club. Their fans were even taking selfies with Alfie. Bless them.

Reminded me of the game in Gibraltar when every cunt wanted selfies and autographs from Stevie Gerrard at the end of the match. 😂

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

They are such an adorable club. Their fans were even taking selfies with Alfie. Bless them.

To be fair probably half the people in the home end would've been Rangers fans last night, maybe them getting the selfies.  They are a good club though and the pitch is top notch right enough, the first thing we spoke about when we got in. Its like a bowling green, absolutely perfect. The crying shame is that killie used to have a pitch like that before they replaced it with that plastic pish.

The best artificial surface in Scotland without any doubt is Murrayfield. Remember when the pitch was cut to shreds and then they blamed it in some roundworm or insect infestation. They then decided enough was enough. £1.8million I believe was the cost to implant a hybrid pitch which is 98% grass and 2% Synthetic grass interwoven. This was done five years ago and the pitch is the best in the rugby world.  A huge sewing machine basically interweaves the whole pitch. The grass grows as normal, but is strengthened by this artificial turf fibre. This would be perfect for football too.

10 minutes ago, weejock said:

The best artificial surface in Scotland without any doubt is Murrayfield. Remember when the pitch was cut to shreds and then they blamed it in some roundworm or insect infestation. They then decided enough was enough. £1.8million I believe was the cost to implant a hybrid pitch which is 98% grass and 2% Synthetic grass interwoven. This was done five years ago and the pitch is the best in the rugby world.  A huge sewing machine basically interweaves the whole pitch. The grass grows as normal, but is strengthened by this artificial turf fibre. This would be perfect for football too.

@weejock knew imo

4 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Having worked in the sportsturf industry there is so much work that goes on behind the scenes that we don't see so for Countys pitch to be in as good nick as that with probably a very small budget, hats off to the groundstaff.   

17 minutes ago, weejock said:

Pretty sure we have a hybrid pitch now with the same technology as what you have mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Having worked in the sportsturf industry there is so much work that goes on behind the scenes that we don't see so for Countys pitch to be in as good nick as that with probably a very small budget, hats off to the groundstaff.   

It is in brilliant nick and the company that produced it should get a lot of credit along with the ground staff.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

you turning  green? :whistle:

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

In summary, your point has fuck all to do with Ross County's pitch at all then and the tag of "disgraceful" is completely misleading.

Archived