**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

@wully fucking yasssss. Best save I've ever had.

1455341995_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.9314dd86230dd83bc6e22c133e1b28a3.png168524143_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.32830d33bbf1bc99c05d9414f6e305cd.png

Was gutted in your last post that you had beat Everton.

Was going to say when they beat you 5-0 the season before but you were probably resting cunts for the cup final.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wully said:

Was gutted in your last post that you had beat Everton.

Was going to say when they beat you 5-0 the season before but you were probably resting cunts for the cup final.

That's literally exactly what I done :lol: full youth team.

Birmingham have been taken over by some new cunt and they want to replace me :lol:

Been playing an Iron Curtain journeyman in Eastern Europe (minus Russia). In Belarus just now, some crazy rules in their lower division, including 5 subs for every game plus an extra one in extra time of the cup.

Fancy moving soon to Serbia or Poland (said nobody ever)

So I got Motherwell to a replay at Balmoral and won on penalties. Buzzing. Hamilton away in the next round coming up. 

Rangers on the other hand some how are now level with celtic although they have a game in hand. They lost to Rangers and Killie at home (losing to killie at home for second time) in successive games. Laudrup might well keep his job.

I just beat Falkirk away 1 nil with a rehearsed set piece routine that has now allowed me to open a small gap on them.

edit: Possibly my best result so far, won 3-0 away to Hamilton. Young Everton Loanee Gordon put me 2 up then they got Gogic sent off and I got a 3rd. Hamilton have Joey Garner playing for them :lol: 

edit edit: Drew St Mirren at home in the cup who are in the championship. I have a serious chance of reaching a final here. Rangers v celtic/Hibs in the other semi. Didn't even realise that was Semi final draw

On 17/06/2020 at 09:02, Essandoh said:

Been playing an Iron Curtain journeyman in Eastern Europe (minus Russia). In Belarus just now, some crazy rules in their lower division, including 5 subs for every game plus an extra one in extra time of the cup.

Fancy moving soon to Serbia or Poland (said nobody ever)

Done that in the last FM, good laugh in some of the countries. Big positive is the youth importance in pretty much every league, means good youngsters most seasons.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Done that in the last FM, good laugh in some of the countries. Big positive is the youth importance in pretty much every league, means good youngsters most seasons.

And amazing Romanian staff for £100 a week :lol:

Shameless

My save with Casa Pia fucking corrupted at the start of my 3rd season after I had made all my transfers fucking neerly greeting.

Went back to my original Rangers save where I am now Dunfermline manager and got offered the Holland job. Took at and trying to play a total football style. Sheer intensity and high press 3-5-2. First game drew away to Slovakia, tweaked it and demolished Germany 3-0 verging on 7-0. Got a prime Frenkie De Jong who is unreal.

3 hours ago, ready1873 said:

My save with Casa Pia fucking corrupted at the start of my 3rd season after I had made all my transfers fucking neerly greeting.

Went back to my original Rangers save where I am now Dunfermline manager and got offered the Holland job. Took at and trying to play a total football style. Sheer intensity and high press 3-5-2. First game drew away to Slovakia, tweaked it and demolished Germany 3-0 verging on 7-0. Got a prime Frenkie De Jong who is unreal.

I love FM :lol: 

On 10/06/2020 at 16:22, ScottBF2 said:

Started a new save with Rangers yesterday. 2 clear of Motherwell, 3 clear of the papes, with a game in hand.

image.thumb.png.d195bfc8f078ca06f97a6c50889def81.png

Done some decent business in the window. 

image.thumb.png.dde1c6d14578518c81b1982ea7d7f77e.png

A player I've stood by in this game is Raimundo Lucera from Palermo. Used to sign him, Antony Angileri and Antonino Gallo from them on last years FM and Lucera is just as good this year: 

image.thumb.png.9b21d331e87e9e8aabd014cd60cb40eb.png

where you get skin mate

741213391_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.ed69828cde0e1268087e3a4d666ad75b.png826214434_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.66a121414c79f0ad0a6c4f757f76692d.png2098101901_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.d17320e1220ee39f1eb3d3f9747f9bf9.png972455406_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.02715ee0c1e1066a26113519886c7efd.png1715715448_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.58419829c3e5a8640258a1c6d691c481.png

Yes! What a 1st season. Never managed the quad the first time of asking. Was a real struggle nearing the end of the season with injuries and having very little depth but the guys pulled through. Chances of pulling this off next season? Slim :Banane21:

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Get them at that near post for every long throw and corner :thumbsup:

Mate I’m ripping the arse out it. :lol:

It helps when I’ve got this guy to take every corner and free kick for half a season before his retirement. Got a bastard of a kidney infection so I’ll be bed bound cheering this cunt on today. He scored on his debut last night with a ridiculous volley.

His physicals are pretty woeful but he’s fine to sit in the hole and mentor this potential wonderkid playing alongside him...

A62E09BE-E665-4938-9224-EBC2255C39A0.jpeg

F5075D0B-A430-42D3-9057-D45A5D89E6B1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Mate I’m ripping the arse out it. :lol:

It helps when I’ve got this guy to take every corner and free kick for half a season before his retirement. Got a bastard of a kidney infection so I’ll be bed bound cheering this cunt on today. He scored on his debut last night with a ridiculous volley.

His physicals are pretty woeful but he’s fine to sit in the hole and mentor this potential wonderkid playing alongside him...

A62E09BE-E665-4938-9224-EBC2255C39A0.jpeg

F5075D0B-A430-42D3-9057-D45A5D89E6B1.jpeg

Fucking hell no wonder you're tearing it up. Always try and have a set piece taker in the starting 11 regardless of how shite they are 😂

Fun fact:

Every team of the Secret Police in the Soviet Union was given the prefix “Dinamo” in their name e.g. Dinamo Kyiv, Dinamo Tbilisi, Dinamo Moscow etc

Ujpest were the only club across the entire Soviet Union to successfully resist the name change. Fuck knows how they managed to swing that. Oldest club in Hungary and were matching the likes of Bayern Munich in the 70s. Wiki says they’ve been in the top flight for 102 consecutive years.  Fuck knows how they got relegated two years in on my save, an absolute disaster. :lol: 

Reminds me of the 45 year save I had going when I was in Uni, Arsenal got relegated to League 1 about 20 years in and I think Erik Lamela was manager

6 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Fun fact:

Every team of the Secret Police in the Soviet Union was given the prefix “Dinamo” in their name e.g. Dinamo Kyiv, Dinamo Tbilisi, Dinamo Moscow etc

Ujpest were the only club across the entire Soviet Union to successfully resist the name change. Fuck knows how they managed to swing that. Oldest club in Hungary and were matching the likes of Bayern Munich in the 70s. Wiki says they’ve been in the top flight for 102 consecutive years.  Fuck knows how they got relegated two years in on my save, an absolute disaster. :lol: 

Reminds me of the 45 year save I had going when I was in Uni, Arsenal got relegated to League 1 about 20 years in and I think Erik Lamela was manager

I had a save on last years, CR7 retired and his first job was Hearts manager :lol: 

On 10/06/2020 at 17:08, ready1873 said:

Look after Bellingham and you will cash in big time in the future!

Just managed to sign Bellingham on a bosman with no compensation 2nd season in. 20k a week in wages but for a free at 17 is a fucking bargain.

Slowly but surely grinding Inter down for an Esposito transfer. 2 seasons of scouting and biding and hes starting to get restless. Hopefully get him signed for the 3rd season to replace Morelos.

On 01/07/2020 at 16:07, McEwan's Lager said:

Has anyone had any success with a 3-5-2?

Struggling to build a back three tactic on this version of the game like I have done in previous years.

Managed to get a 3-4-3 working ages ago with a Libero but that started falling with newer match engine patches. Worked like a dream too. Back 3s are a pain in the arse with this years edition.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Managed to get a 3-4-3 working ages ago with a Libero but that started falling with newer match engine patches. Worked like a dream too. Back 3s are a pain in the arse with this years edition.

I can get a Conte style 3-4-3 working quite easily.

It’s a 3-5-2 (2 wing backs, 3 centre mids) or a 3-2-1-2 (3 centre backs, 2 wing backs, 2 CMs, AM, 2 Strikers) that I can’t get right. Its mainly the way the midfielders behave. Struggling to get the roles right.

Archived