**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

18 hours ago, esquire8 said:

KRH usually does good and can become a good IF for the left wing. You need to loan him out a good few seasons though as he doesn't kick on until about 21ish. 

Your regen looks good. Good mentals anyway. For loaning out always check for clubs with the best training facilities and shortlist them, shite training facilities on a loan will just stunt his development. But you're right, 1st team football is far better than reserve football, but do try to hold them off being loaned out until the mature out of the u18 team so 19 would be the best age to loan out. 15-18 yo are better off staying and training with your other youngsters.

Cheers, that's a pretty good tip. I had a feeling I was making a mistake there. I went to see about recalling him but it's looking like the wee cunt might actually win the Championship with Ayr, so I'll maybe just leave him if they're still 1st by the end of January.

I've never developed any youth talents in FM, I don't know how much these players can develop. Can 8 Agility become 18, for example? I assume each player has a ceiling and can only hit it if you develop him correctly. I've seen a few players who are currently half a star on ability and 4.5 on potential, but I don't know if their starting point can be so bad that their huge potential becomes unreachable, any idea?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/10/2020 at 19:38, YearsofWar said:

Is Kane Ritchie-Hosler is worth keeping? He did well in the U18 and Reserve leagues for me and now he's averaging 7.24 on loan at Dundee United. Seems like a good wee player but I don't know how well he develops.

I signed this wee Bulgarian guy on a free. My scouts are saying he has 3.5~4.5 potential and "Could become a star player and potentially a lot better than Ryan Jack". I don't know how much young players can improve in this game but this guy seems like he could be decent. I think I maybe fucked it by sending him on loan to Ayr United. I figured first team football with shite training facilities would be more beneficial than reserve league with good facilities, dunno if that was wise or not. It's good sign that he's actually getting 1st team football there, though.

LZcMy2t.png

Yes.

Got offered £60 million off Liverpool for him.

1 hour ago, YearsofWar said:

Cheers, that's a pretty good tip. I had a feeling I was making a mistake there. I went to see about recalling him but it's looking like the wee cunt might actually win the Championship with Ayr, so I'll maybe just leave him if they're still 1st by the end of January.

I've never developed any youth talents in FM, I don't know how much these players can develop. Can 8 Agility become 18, for example? I assume each player has a ceiling and can only hit it if you develop him correctly. I've seen a few players who are currently half a star on ability and 4.5 on potential, but I don't know if their starting point can be so bad that their huge potential becomes unreachable, any idea?

Jumping from 8 to 18 is a bit unrealistic, possibly 12 or 13 could reach 18 with training and first team action if they are a solid 5 star, not the blacked out 5 star. Each player does have a ceiling of sorts but it can vary every game.

The star rating is only a good as the coach rating him and the players in the team currently. Half a star for a youngster could still be ok if the 1st team is full of 4/5 star players. The potential can vary widely as the game moves on but if you have 4.5 star rating from a coach with JPA of say 15 or higher then you can look at that kid reaching 3 stars minimum with the right training and first team opportunities. I always give my youth intake the best chance possible despite what might be seen as little potential.

I also tend to look at a youngsters stats and see if the position he prefers early on is the right one for him. Many a time I've shifted say a 6'4 mezzala to become a ball playing centre back and become world class centre back. Just because that player thinks he plays that position at 16 doesn't mean he had to keep that position. 

Got bored with Chelsea, can never stick with it playing as a team with money

Started with Wycombe. Horrendous squad, Gareth Ainsworth is a miracle worker getting that lot into The Championship. @Mr Soprano Akinfenwa AND Ikpeazu up top, imagine my tactics with this lot :lol: 

Started a game with Inter to try and turn them round as they have a fairly ageing squad with a few good youngsters alongside them.

First transfer window was about bringing in youth:

1in.png

Then January was trying to sell some of the older players while they had a bit of value left also terminated the loan for Sanchez:

out.png

Sorted a few deals for the summer. Main ones being Perin coming from Juve for £7.5m, Reguilon from Real on a free and the one I was surprised to actually get Chiesa from Fiorentina as he was transfer listed by request for a hefty sum of £40m potentially increasing to £75m:lol:

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Got bored with Chelsea, can never stick with it playing as a team with money

Started with Wycombe. Horrendous squad, Gareth Ainsworth is a miracle worker getting that lot into The Championship. @Mr Soprano Akinfenwa AND Ikpeazu up top, imagine my tactics with this lot :lol: 

I would pay to watch the shithousery, nothing more.

Went Derby. Half decent squad with some good youngsters. Played 7 games, 2 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat. Would be far better if I had a semi competent striker, Waghorn has 1 and Marriott 0. Might need to put Rooney up top but don't really want to because he's playing really well in midfield.

Managed to get to the CL Final with Inter pumped by Man City though. 

Had a disastrous 2nd half to the season and just snuck into the top 4 on the final day despite being there for the entire season. 

Lost Martinez for 8-9mths with damaged cruciate ligaments :ang:

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Went Derby. Half decent squad with some good youngsters. Played 7 games, 2 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat. Would be far better if I had a semi competent striker, Waghorn has 1 and Marriott 0. Might need to put Rooney up top but don't really want to because he's playing really well in midfield.

Eddie Brown and Harry Brockback from Bolton, sign them.

Close to the end of my 2nd season as Rangers. Didn't get a Europa League run in the first year because I got knocked out in the qualifiers, but my first season in the champions league went unbelievably well. Unbeaten and topped my group with a mostly unchanged side from the first season. 1-0 and 1-1 vs Bayern Munich, 4-3 and 3-3 vs Lyon, 5-1 and 4-1 vs Lokomotiv Moscow. Drawn against Inter in the knockout stages, played them off the park away from home in the 1st leg but ended 0-0 due to my inability to score from 17 shots and 9 on target and them having 8 and 2. Went into the 2nd leg on a downer and my arse still raw from a 3-1 defeat by Hearts, and then beaten 2-1 at Ibrox in a very tight match with Lukaku and Martínez getting 1 each. Could have gone either way but I should have had the tie wrapped up in the first leg.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started playing a couple of combined editor databases where each European league has a three foreigner limit and its back to a pre-92 European Cup with only champions, a UEFA Cup and a Cup Winners Cup. It's the most I've enjoyed playing FM since I was a kid.

The guy who made it is currently working out how to combine into it East Germany, Yugoslavia, Soviet Union and Czechoslovakian leagues as well instead of the modern countries.

29 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've started playing a couple of combined editor databases where each European league has a three foreigner limit and its back to a pre-92 European Cup with only champions, a UEFA Cup and a Cup Winners Cup. It's the most I've enjoyed playing FM since I was a kid.

The guy who made it is currently working out how to combine into it East Germany, Yugoslavia, Soviet Union and Czechoslovakian leagues as well instead of the modern countries.

Sounds like fun. Still in the middle of my ten in a row season with the sons of William. Once I've done that I might give this a go.

On 07/10/2020 at 19:38, YearsofWar said:

Is Kane Ritchie-Hosler is worth keeping? He did well in the U18 and Reserve leagues for me and now he's averaging 7.24 on loan at Dundee United. Seems like a good wee player but I don't know how well he develops.

I signed this wee Bulgarian guy on a free. My scouts are saying he has 3.5~4.5 potential and "Could become a star player and potentially a lot better than Ryan Jack". I don't know how much young players can improve in this game but this guy seems like he could be decent. I think I maybe fucked it by sending him on loan to Ayr United. I figured first team football with shite training facilities would be more beneficial than reserve league with good facilities, dunno if that was wise or not. It's good sign that he's actually getting 1st team football there, though.

LZcMy2t.png

Ritchie-Hosler turned out world class on my Rangers save. Bids from Bayern and the like

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing again on the laptop finished my 1st season with Rangers done the treble and got to the semi final of the Europa, had quite a forunate draw up until Leipzig then they skelped me 6-2 on aggregate 😂 

Need to find a new GK since Mcgregor has decided to retire and I have noone apart from Robby Mccrorie, just signed a wonderkid from Boca called Palacios to replace Davis, got another couple of south Americans arriving in January just need another striking option incase I get a crazy offer for Alfie. 

Going through a save with AC Milan and finished my first season. Didn't read Andre Silva's loan terms before letting Ibra retire with the idea of Rafael Leao and Andre Silva as my 2 strikers for my 2nd season. Then I discovered Silva is on a 2 year loan with no recall available, then Leao got injured for 4-5 weeks the first match. Now I have no senior strikers. Fuck. :lol:

Got £18.9m transfer budget but the strikers on the transfer and loan lists are donkeys. 

18 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

Going through a save with AC Milan and finished my first season. Didn't read Andre Silva's loan terms before letting Ibra retire with the idea of Rafael Leao and Andre Silva as my 2 strikers for my 2nd season. Then I discovered Silva is on a 2 year loan with no recall available, then Leao got injured for 4-5 weeks the first match. Now I have no senior strikers. Fuck. :lol:

Got £18.9m transfer budget but the strikers on the transfer and loan lists are donkeys. 

Last game I played was with Milan. Got to the 5th/6th season and had a top class team but the save file fucking corrupt so that was FM20 over for me. Keep Leao and Maldini. Orsolini from Bologna was best signing I made, fucking unreal.

Archived