**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

Started a game with my English team Crewe. Lost in playoffs first season, up the next, lost in playoff final again in league 1. 4th season missed playoffs by a point after we lost ten on the trot after Xmas so resigned and got the Killie job. They won the Scottish Cup so was in the Europa. Topped a group with Sporting Lisbon, Bilbao and Red Star Belgrade, knocked Wolfsburg out the last 32 8-2 on agg and lost to Galatasaray on penalties next round. Had a semi v the Rangers coming up, drew with the taigs away in the league and got sacked sitting 6th!!! Sickening. Got the Carpi job in Serie A but relegated had no chance only 4 games left. I'm struggling a bit in FM nowadays. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a few tactics that work for me. The BlueBloodSword one has just won me the league 1st time asking for Arsenal, made by some crazy chinese bastard. Though make sure you have the players that can fit the system. For Rangers the 4132 or 4141 work best with the starting squad 👍

FM20.2WULF4132PFDMIWBSPKnapP112ALLCUPSNOLOSSFM20.2P106ECCC.fmf FM20.1WULF4141SPKnapP106ECCCKINGP107_SOLOUNAMIGOP104KINGP104FM20P99ECFAATTACKP103.fmf 2115227801_BlueBloodSword.fmf FM204ARGUSknap352P103ECCC.fmf

The new youth development preview is a bit strange. 

Mines for Rangers said we have a good amount of central defenders and wingers incoming. Then below it said the incoming defenders and wingers aren't upto much 😂

13 minutes ago, aird said:

The new youth development preview is a bit strange. 

Mines for Rangers said we have a good amount of central defenders and wingers incoming. Then below it said the incoming defenders and wingers aren't upto much 😂

Just means they'll be more numbers of them rather than quality. Mulholland isn't the greatest in the game, look to replace him with either the Birmingham HoYD or the ex hamburg guy. Both produce superb youth year on year.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Just means they'll be more numbers of them rather than quality. Mulholland isn't the greatest in the game, look to replace him with either the Birmingham HoYD or the ex hamburg guy. Both produce superb youth year on year.

They are my usual guys to go to. Peters wants 23k p/w but. Mulholland has never been that great even though he seems so highly rated irl. 

6 minutes ago, aird said:

They are my usual guys to go to. Peters wants 23k p/w but. Mulholland has never been that great even though he seems so highly rated irl. 

You can usually chip away at his wages over time as long as hes not hired so uually get him in the end. Was explained by the researcher that Mulhollands rating is due to as of yet to produce anything substantial from our youth to the first team and not having his badges yet despite being highly rated irl. Expect his attributes to be boosted hopefully in next years edition.

13 hours ago, tm91 said:

Fluked a 2-1 win. Usually I need South American slave regens to do this. :craphead:

20200102193234_1.jpg

Wouldn't say Barbosa is a slave regen but superb stuff bringing in him in your 2nd season.

Just noticed you got Palacios as well. What wizardry do you call this? 😂👍

Started with Kaiserslautern in 3rd tier of Germany. Still get big crowds so thought I'd be challenging at the top of Bundesliga in no time. Unfortunately, board haven't given me too much money so it's been difficult, but most I've enjoyed FM in a long time.

Won 3. Liga in season 1 with Greg Docherty on loan 😂

Finished 3rd in 2. Bundesliga in my 2nd season and managed to defeat Hamburg in the playoffs to get straight into the Bundesliga.

However, had a rotten season, picking up about 15 points and finished firmly bottom of the table. I was shocked when they didn't sack me, but as we were miles ahead of our 5 year plan, I guess I'd won a bit of loyalty with them.

Steamrolled 2. Bundesliga just now, losing just twice (1 being last game of the season) and about to embark on another top tier campaign now. We've just added Balotelli to bolster the strikeforce. Struggling to find cheap quality centre backs.

Also never seen this before butt had a message saying a 15 year old player had been poached by Mainz. Couldn't offer him a deal or even view his profile, I guess it's just an automatic thing that happens in the game? Couldn't find him in Mainz youth team so I assume he will come through with their next batch of youth candidates. 

Archived