Cost of our starting 11. Peanuts!

billythebear1986

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

More or less what you said. 
But what the 2 of us reckon they should be sold for and what the club who regularly under sell our players are very different. 

Since DK and co took over, who have we undersold?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Robertson has said previously we would be looking for 20m plus (he compared figured to that of a sold scum player). I'd say Morelos stock has risen since then. Gerrard says we wont sell him in Jan. Whatever we get for him will be incredible profit on 1m spend. Theres no getting away from it. Positive stuff, unless you say hes worth 50m and complain if we only get half that of course.

Pedro failed but shouldn't have been backed. Is that what you're suggesting? Which scottish club hasn't made mistakes in managerial appointments?

Loans were converted into shares. Revenue was up. Theres 2 for you. There's positive stuff all round the club if not blinded by negativity.

He said 18 mill. 
I would suggest someone should’ve said hold on a minute when his list of target players was handed over and maybe it was a good idea to employ the DOF before the head coach. 
Revenue was up but the loss more or less stayed the same. What happens when we can’t convert anymore loans into shares or the loan money drys up, oh that’s right we are going to find players like Mo every season and sell them for 30mill. 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Since DK and co took over, who have we undersold?

We haven’t sold anyone that is going to generate the levels of money to bridge the yearly losses. 
So you believe the club going way back up to today have been on top of their game when it comes to the transfer market, we haven’t wasted any money on players and had to pay off duds we can’t shift. 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He said 18 mill. 
I would suggest someone should’ve said hold on a minute when his list of target players was handed over and maybe it was a good idea to employ the DOF before the head coach. 
Revenue was up but the loss more or less stayed the same. What happens when we can’t convert anymore loans into shares or the loan money drys up, oh that’s right we are going to find players like Mo every season and sell them for 30mill. 

Ffs mate he said he valued him at least the same as Dembele, who was sold for a reported 19.7m 

I've not once said everything is 100% rosey. But you appear to not want to acknowledge any positivity in terms of squad value potential, youth potential coming through, our ability to develop players to benefit financially, our capitalising on sales potential, any aspect of our financial performance. 

I'll leave you to it.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ffs mate he said he valued him at least the same as Dembele, who was sold for a reported 19.7m 

I've not once said everything is 100% rosey. But you appear to not want to acknowledge any positivity in terms of squad value potential, youth potential coming through, our ability to develop players to benefit financially, our capitalising on sales potential, any aspect of our financial performance. 

I'll leave you to it.

This Is pointless mate we are going round in circles. The Board don’t have a bottomless pit of money and we won’t be breaking even anytime soon. 
So unless they manage to go against decades of a trend and actually do find develop and sell players for a good load of profit then eventually we will have to cut our cloth accordingly. 

If you disagree with that then you have blinkers on. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We haven’t sold anyone that is going to generate the levels of money to bridge the yearly losses. 
So you believe the club going way back up to today have been on top of their game when it comes to the transfer market, we haven’t wasted any money on players and had to pay off duds we can’t shift. 

That's not what I said at all.   I simply asked who we had undersold under these owners. In reply to your point that the club always undersells.

If anything this board have proved the opposite.  A board that undersold would have almost certainly took 11m from the chinese when we got offered it.

We will have to wait and see what happens when we actually start selling our bigger assets.  I don't get the feeling that we are in a hurry to sell anyone for less than we value them right now.

As for the top of their game in the transfer market, we picked up morelos for 1m, tav for 250k, Kamara for 50k etc.  I would say this board have done pretty damn well in the transfer market over the last couple of season.

34 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That's not what I said at all.   I simply asked who we had undersold under these owners. In reply to your point that the club always undersells.

If anything this board have proved the opposite.  A board that undersold would have almost certainly took 11m from the chinese when we got offered it.

We will have to wait and see what happens when we actually start selling our bigger assets.  I don't get the feeling that we are in a hurry to sell anyone for less than we value them right now.

As for the top of their game in the transfer market, we picked up morelos for 1m, tav for 250k, Kamara for 50k etc.  I would say this board have done pretty damn well in the transfer market over the last couple of season.

What have we recouped from the Pedro shambles??? 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 Good one mate, mind you Buff when he goes should cover that clusterfuck. Pity he’s needed to balance the books instead. 

You disagree with any of those things?  I think all of that has returned since they took over.

Yes Selling Morelos will balance the books, and help us bring in a few more players,  just like when we sold boumsong.  

Buy low, let them improve and then sell for a profit seems to be our new model.  We don't need to sell just yet as the board seem happy enough to fund any shortfall.   We will sell though that I am certain of.  We have some good players who IMO are worth some decent money on our books.  So if we need a cash injection we can sell a player.

What else would you suggest?  We can't live within our means and still challenge for the league and in Europe, we don't have the income so the transfer market will have to pick up the slack.

5 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Seen something somewhere that suggested the kent fee was closer to 4mil. Can't remember where.

Just log in to any celtic forum and ask, they all seem to be financially astute when it comes to our finances...

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

What else would you suggest?  We can't live within our means and still challenge for the league and in Europe, we don't have the income so the transfer market will have to pick up the slack.

I think the reputation we are rapidly re acquiring under SG, both domestically and especially in Europe may make it possible to attract an improved quality of up and coming player going forward. Like you say, building players profile and moving them for decent profit on at a time that suits is definitely the model to adopt...

52 minutes ago, gogzy said:

You disagree with any of those things?  I think all of that has returned since they took over.

Yes Selling Morelos will balance the books, and help us bring in a few more players,  just like when we sold boumsong.  

Buy low, let them improve and then sell for a profit seems to be our new model.  We don't need to sell just yet as the board seem happy enough to fund any shortfall.   We will sell though that I am certain of.  We have some good players who IMO are worth some decent money on our books.  So if we need a cash injection we can sell a player.

A few more players plus wipe out a 10mill shortfall. You sure your not my wife she thinks money stretches forever. 😃😃

That all sounds great mate, but I have no confidence in the club being able to carry that out, so yes we find ourselves in a Catch22 we need to spend to stay in Europe but we need to sell to fund the club. 

Maybe with the right people on the Board and better Exc management but so far apart from the guy just installed as head of commercial we look far below the level required. 
Maybe I’m just worrying for nothing and we get the balance right, only time will tell. 

Some of the signings 

McGregor   Free         

Tavernier   £200k 

Goldson  £2.9 m

Helander  £3 m

Barisic  £1.5m 

Kamara £50k 

Davis      Free 

Jack         Free

Barker £100k 

Morelos  £1m 

Kent    £7m   ( I read somewhere it was £4m plus possible add-ons) 

Total £15.75   (or £12.75m +)

Katic £1.5m 

Hastie    £350k 

Aribo   £300k 

Edmundson    £650k 

Stewart  Free 

Jones   Free 

Total cost £2.8m

Grezda  £1.5m              

Murphy  £750k              

Total cost £2.25m           

Estimated sell-on value of these players is open to much speculation and debate.

12 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not basing it on just last night, he looks awful.

If it’s match fitness then why is he not involved in league games?

He had a very good game in the away leg fs your acting like he’s Jerome rothen levels of shite.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Some of the signings 

McGregor   Free         

Tavernier   £200k 

Goldson  £2.9 m

Helander  £3 m

Barisic  £1.5m 

Kamara £50k 

Davis      Free 

Jack         Free

Barker £100k 

Morelos  £1m 

Kent    £7m   ( I read somewhere it was £4m plus possible add-ons) 

Total £15.75   (or £12.75m +)

Katic £1.5m 

Hastie    £350k 

Aribo   £300k 

Edmundson    £650k 

Stewart  Free 

Jones   Free 

Total cost £2.8m

Grezda  £1.5m              

Murphy  £750k              

Total cost £2.25m           

Estimated sell-on value of these players is open to much speculation and debate.

In great place imo ,a few players if they had to leave is big money ,but fuck me big buff 1m wow honestly 

15 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

I think the reputation we are rapidly re acquiring under SG, both domestically and especially in Europe may make it possible to attract an improved quality of up and coming player going forward. Like you say, building players profile and moving them for decent profit on at a time that suits is definitely the model to adopt...

Good  players attract good players, it has been an under the radar slow burner but our secret is out in the public now every single last one of us know what we are and all the positivity after years of being booted from pillar to post with bad news/lies whatever is quite pleasant, it sort of puts the value of the dealings in the transfer market as highlighted  above   when you see EPL teams signing players for 40m plus who are pretty shite and would struggle to break into our first 11.

That might change a bit now that  Lampard who has had his hand forced by the transfer ban to play some youth players who would never previously have got a sniff ( why take a risk on a kid when we can buy the finished article for ££ name your silly number), if there was no transfer ban Lampard would not have the job and some foreign manager would be in there throwing 100's of millions of pounds around because they can.

I am delighted with the way our club is heading.

The varying values placed on players are just unbelievable at times. Look at the report today where Liverpool can't afford Kylian Mbappé.

The AGM is coming soon so it's a good time to bring up such issues. Me, I'm going to complain about no healthy food options at Ibrox. The wrap had bacon and cheese so I couldn't eat that so I ended up with a steak pie which was very tasty.

Archived