Morelos is our best striker since...

BEE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Wasn't Prso 30 when he joined us? Morelos is currently 23. Given the higher demands for fitness nowadays, I doubt it's very fair to compare both for pace. 

I would also say Morelos is lacking pace, but he makes up for it with sheer body strength and low centre of gravity.

Yup, he was. Yeah, pace isn't/wasn't an important part of either's game.

Different players, Pro ahead at the moment, but Morelos quite likely to surpass him.

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Interesting thread in that there is not a single mention of Kris Boyd, who holds the SPL goalscoring record and was our top scorer in every season of his first spell with us....:hmmm:

Boyd was more of a poacher striker Morelos is an all out striker  watch his movement,  his strength.

Hard to compare to strikers over the years just glad he's our striker to enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Wasn't Prso 30 when he joined us? Morelos is currently 23. Given the higher demands for fitness nowadays, I doubt it's very fair to compare both for pace. 

I would also say Morelos is lacking pace, but he makes up for it with sheer body strength and low centre of gravity.

Morelos is rapid, don't you remember the  run at Ibrox when he put the afterburners  on down the UB corner? That surprised me as I never knew he had that about him.

17 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Morelos is rapid, don't you remember the  run at Ibrox when he put the afterburners  on down the UB corner? That surprised me as I never knew he had that about him.

Cant remember that mate tbh, I'd say Lovenkrands was rapid. I'm not detracting from Morelos, don't get me wrong. Lack of true pace isn't hindering him because he has the strength to stop and hold players off which he does a lot of the time.

It's not like he has no pace, he just isn't that fast in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He is yet to prove he is as good as some of the names mentioned. As good as he is I won't count him as a great player until he has won silverware. 

This is it Rangers strikers/players are judged on what they win he's unfortunate to be here at a time when we are not really dominating he may even leave(sold) before we win anything as well given his current form.

Morelos legacy at Rangers maybe the money we invest with the sale of him that helps us win things.

The biggest thing that's changed for Alfredo is his finishing. His first season here he was god awful at it at times. Can't even remember how many sitters he missed in that season. But now I can barely even remember any times where I've thought "he should have scored that" because he just always does now.

He used to be a fantastic player who was an enigma, would play great but miss a sitter or get sent off. He's completely transformed now and is just a fantastic player and rid both of those aspects from his game.

To think there was a time when a lot of us would have sold for £8-10m. Not even that long ago. 

I am old enough to go back to the bygone days of yore,  and I can remember the likes of Jim Forrest, Derek Johnstone, Colin Stein etc. I really do believe he has the potential to be up there with them. I would say he reminds me of Super Ally the way he takes the chances that come his way. Enjoy him while we have him.😀

Ive said he is the best since McCoist but I have to concede that pre injury Michael Mols was easily the best all round forward ive seen, the problem is that it unfortunately only lasted a few months. Taking everything into consideration, the number of goals and how important he is to the team in other ways then Alfredo is on course to be the best and will without doubt be the biggest ever transfer fee we will get. Doent make any sense to sell him in January though, hang on till the summer and we will get even more.

30 minutes ago, Broxi said:

The biggest thing that's changed for Alfredo is his finishing. His first season here he was god awful at it at times. Can't even remember how many sitters he missed in that season. But now I can barely even remember any times where I've thought "he should have scored that" because he just always does now.

He used to be a fantastic player who was an enigma, would play great but miss a sitter or get sent off. He's completely transformed now and is just a fantastic player and rid both of those aspects from his game.

To think there was a time when a lot of us would have sold for £8-10m. Not even that long ago. 

That’s a fair point actually about his finishing. Night and day since he arrived.

Archived