Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Smile

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual with this sort of thing, I will wait to see "The Guy" holding the scarf over his head at Ibrox before believing any tales about new money coming in. Sadly bored Saudi Princes ,Thai Billionaires or Russian Oligarchs with very, very deep pockets are only interested in England. Again, as usual, I suspect it will be up to the fans to cover the share issue, I am not holding my breath waiting for a new major investor to appear.

10 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think it will just be a combo of King, Taylor, Park and Woldhart with maybe some new Hong Kong based investment making up a large share issue that covers the £10m shortfall for the season plus a kitty for next season. 

Agree will be Woldhardt with Hong Kong-based Dehong Capital Partners.

I guess the question is just how much are we going to raise in the share issue? King mentioned he's committed to cover this season's shortfall (£10m between him and the other investors), no massive player movement in Jan but a big focus on summer. 

I hope we are looking to generate a substantial fund for summer and just focus on getting 3-4 high level players along the lines of Helander, Barisic etc.  I'd imagine the biggest job will be finding two strikers (a ready replacement for Morelos sadly and a 'new Morelos' who is maybe 19 - 21yrs old with a view to developing him for a season or two before Defoe retires)

57 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think it will just be a combo of King, Taylor, Park and Woldhart with maybe some new Hong Kong based investment making up a large share issue that covers the £10m shortfall for the season plus a kitty for next season. 

I reckon the kitty will come from player sales ,Morelos and maybe 1 other ,probably Barisic or Kamara ,even then I can’t see all that being invested in the squad ,

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I reckon the kitty will come from player sales ,Morelos and maybe 1 other ,probably Barisic or Kamara ,even then I can’t see all that being invested in the squad ,

The ‘Champions League’ money will cover investment:-)...

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

We need squad investment before champions league money ,Champions League money can be for the season after 

Course we do, but couldn’t resist the comment as for the first time in what seems like a lifetime we have a realistic opportunity of getting our hands on a CL windfall👍...

Does nobody actually listen to the man when he speaks, he’s hailed has a hero then nobody listens to what he has to say. 
The current investors have covered the current shortfall, there will then be a another round of investment that will leave the club fully funded and budgets in place for the foreseeable future. 
At which point King will step away and leave management to run the club. 
No player is getting sold to out this in place, any player sales going forward will be funds over and above the budget and investment that is planned. 
So going by that any chairman conning in will doing what a chairman should be doing and is simply chairing Board meeting and making sure all depts are keeping to their budget and the job is getting done. 

47 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Does nobody actually listen to the man when he speaks, he’s hailed has a hero then nobody listens to what he has to say. 
The current investors have covered the current shortfall, there will then be a another round of investment that will leave the club fully funded and budgets in place for the foreseeable future. 
At which point King will step away and leave management to run the club. 
No player is getting sold to out this in place, any player sales going forward will be funds over and above the budget and investment that is planned. 
So going by that any chairman conning in will doing what a chairman should be doing and is simply chairing Board meeting and making sure all depts are keeping to their budget and the job is getting done. 

I must admit I never listened to anything DK said yesterday CB :happy: (I know your first sentence was not aimed at me) I just read tweets from the meeting in the other thread and they are a bit lacking in detail.

So I assume this new money is from a new person or persons and will the new chairman come in to look after their investment ??  

20 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I must admit I never listened to anything DK said yesterday CB :happy: (I know your first sentence was not aimed at me) I just read tweets from the meeting in the other thread and they are a bit lacking in detail.

So I assume this new money is from a new person or persons and will the new chairman come in to look after their investment ??  

He never exactly said where the fully funded package will be sourced from but I would be surprised if it’s a brand new investor that we have never heard of before. I’m more inclined to believe it’s money that JW has raised or has control of in the Far East. To be honest we really are a license to print money for an investor that wants to keep an eye on what’s happening at the club. The share price is rock bottom and can only go one way which is up, I’m really hoping that King is the only thing protecting Robertson and when the power balance swings in the boardroom he gets punted ASAP. For me he is the one major weak link in this plan that has been put in place. As for Chairman it really will become a figurehead position more than an actual run the club position, so I’ve got a feeling Dougie Park may just get the job of Chairing the quarterly Board meeting and making sure all is going to plan. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He never exactly said where the fully funded package will be sourced from but I would be surprised if it’s a brand new investor that we have never heard of before. I’m more inclined to believe it’s money that JW has raised or has control of in the Far East. To be honest we really are a license to print money for an investor that wants to keep an eye on what’s happening at the club. The share price is rock bottom and can only go one way which is up, I’m really hoping that King is the only thing protecting Robertson and when the power balance swings in the boardroom he gets punted ASAP. For me he is the one major weak link in this plan that has been put in place. As for Chairman it really will become a figurehead position more than an actual run the club position, so I’ve got a feeling Dougie Park may just get the job of Chairing the quarterly Board meeting and making sure all is going to plan. 

Agree with everything you’ve said in past two posts but i’m not sure Douglas Park would take Chairmanship.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thanks CB, the JW connection would make sense, I just wondered if he was maybe taking on someone new that he trusts to put in money and then they put in a chairman. I suppose we will start to hear wee snippets before long.  :thumbup:

Is Dougie Park still OK health wise ? I seem to remember stories about him not being well a year or so ago. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree with everything you’ve said in past two posts but i’m not sure Douglas Park would take Chairmanship.

Wasn’t either, not sure how he is health wise these days. But after kings speech it really won’t be a full time day to day job so thought it might be nice for Dougie to finally get a shot as Chair he’s put enough work in for the club over the decades. 

58 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks CB, the JW connection would make sense, I just wondered if he was maybe taking on someone new that he trusts to put in money and then they put in a chairman. I suppose we will start to hear wee snippets before long.  :thumbup:

Is Dougie Park still OK health wise ? I seem to remember stories about him not being well a year or so ago. 

Maybe there is a new face coming in mate, but I would’ve thought there would be a whisper of who it is by now if that was the case. 
As I said to Stepps, not sure how Dougie is health wise these days. But the Chair won’t be a full time gig going forward so would be a great honour for him after all these years especially if we do 55 and he gets to unfurl the flag next August. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe there is a new face coming in mate, but I would’ve thought there would be a whisper of who it is by now if that was the case. 
As I said to Stepps, not sure how Dougie is health wise these days. But the Chair won’t be a full time gig going forward so would be a great honour for him after all these years especially if we do 55 and he gets to unfurl the flag next August. 

:thumbup:

I am hoping we will get some news about what is happening soon.

4 hours ago, Smile said:

Agree will be Woldhardt with Hong Kong-based Dehong Capital Partners.

Won't be Dehong, we don't fit their investment profile. It will likely be Wolhardt, Liu and co. making investments through their own personal vehicles.

Dehong is pretty serious. Has over 2 bil to play with in China focused on private equity.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We need to get 55 asp and trophies, investors will be falling over each other to get a piece 

Actually true, but the smart investors read it early and get in early before share value increases too much as a consequence of taking the title.

Try this on for size. A Gerrard led consortium of Scouse "businessmen", before the title is secured.

We are a seriously good investment opportunity for those with the right intentions.

Archived