Alfredo Morelos is the No1 ranked player in the Domestic/ Europa League

Smile

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Still some. Would rather edouard over him 

Tbf Alfie has never scored vs Albania u21s

The wee man is absolutely fucking brilliant 

Edouard 2018/2019: 52 games 23 goals

Morelos November 2019/2010: 28 games 24 goals

How is it even up for debate who the better striker is? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Amato said:

Is he fuck moving to a lower tier PL side. I can see Man Utd moving for him

Think they’ll be a few after him but more likely to get  bid from  lower end team in January as they are more desperate .  Whether he goes is another matter, as long as we can convince him that other bigger teams are waiting in the wings for him in the summer should be able to keep him happy.    Man Utd could afford to wait to the summer as they look as if they are simply going to tread water this season.  That would suit us as well.

16 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Think they’ll be a few after him but more likely to get  bid from  lower end team in January as they are more desperate .  Whether he goes is another matter, as long as we can convince him that other bigger teams are waiting in the wings for him in the summer should be able to keep him happy.    Man Utd could afford to wait to the summer as they look as if they are simply going to tread water this season.  That would suit us as well.

I'm not deluded enough to think he will be here for much longer. 

With that said, I would hope the lad ignores his agent's selfish pressure to move and has faith in his own ability, backed by our own opinion of him.  His talent demands and deserves trophies and success, not fighting relegation or mind numbing mid-table mediocrity just because of the financial package.   

The boy is a winner, he deserves to win and has the talent to do so at the highest level. 

Fire us to silverware to start his collection then go in the summer as a hero to bigger and better things than this rancid cesspit. 

5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I'm not deluded enough to think he will be here for much longer. 

With that said, I would hope the lad ignores his agent's selfish pressure to move and has faith in his own ability, backed by our own opinion of him.  His talent demands and deserves trophies and success, not fighting relegation or mind numbing mid-table mediocrity just because of the financial package.   

The boy is a winner, he deserves to win and has the talent to do so at the highest level. 

Fire us to silverware to start his collection then go in the summer as a hero to bigger and better things than this rancid cesspit. 

I’m in no hurry to see the man go as he I’ll take some replacing.  Both Gerrard and King seemed adamant that he is not going anywhere in January and although I believe them,  we need to keep the player on board with that decision.  Big factor will be how the next couple of months go results wise.  If we are there or thereabouts in the league and are still in Europe come mid Jan, it will be easier to get him to stay (particularly if he has a cup winners medal to boot).  

25 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I’m in no hurry to see the man go as he I’ll take some replacing.  Both Gerrard and King seemed adamant that he is not going anywhere in January and although I believe them,  we need to keep the player on board with that decision.  Big factor will be how the next couple of months go results wise.  If we are there or thereabouts in the league and are still in Europe come mid Jan, it will be easier to get him to stay (particularly if he has a cup winners medal to boot).  

Absolutely mate, I genuinely believe he will help us take back what is ours and will leave with our best wishes next summer for a fee that will see us financially secure regardless of euro money for 3-4 yrs. 

When he helps us win silverware he will become immortal. We should build a statue!

We've had better players (despite Alfie bulldozing his way past top player after top player, by the day) and in terms of financial return, Boumsong and Hutton would obviously be up there. There have also been many other great value signings, one of my favourites being Rod Wallace.

However, this one wee guy, a snip at £1million, is set to play his part in one of our greatest triumphs, something that many never thought would be possible, through some pretty dark and bleak days.

To do it on the park for us after all we've been through would be everything. To then one day make us a fortune too, and almost single handedly bring us financial stability and financial power to rebuild for the future, he will go down in history. Hopefully that day is far far away as for now Morelos has some trophies to bring back home to where they belong.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Jovic - 60 million euros

Ben Yedder - 40 million euros

Dabour - 15 million euros (agreed in January)

Haller - 45 million pounds

Four strikers who impressed in the Europa League last season and what they moved for last Summer off the back of it (coupled with strong domestic campaigns obviously) Morelos has outscored all of them already in this competition this season. 

He's also scored against every side in this group and so far the only group game he hasn't scored in was arguably his best performance in the home win over Feyenoord 

6 hours ago, lgr1991 said:

Edouard 2018/2019: 52 games 23 goals

Morelos November 2019/2010: 28 games 24 goals

How is it even up for debate who the better striker is? 

Don't know if you know this mate but some of the best strikers in world football don't even score goals. 

Almiron and joelinton at Newcastle imo

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can we delete every mention of Edouard please

It's topical for the debate imo. He's valued at 30 million by nearly every journalist and pundit and is viewed as some sort of world beater. 

Our journos can barely give the wee man a proper mention. It's fucking embarrassing imo 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Don't know if you know this mate but some of the best strikers in world football don't even score goals. 

Almiron and joelinton at Newcastle imo

Tarrier bastards are stupid as fuck mon ,the beast media even trying to devalue the wee man ,honest to fuck when the wee man fores us to 55 what they gonna say then 

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ok 40 Mill and we will grudgingly take Firmino. 

Firmino is my favourite player in the EPL but on current form I would want double the money in that deal. 

Morelos has entered a whole new world this season. 

I hope we don't end up like the taigs and I don't mean it in a bad way. I never want to see our best players sold and I don't want to start celebrating player sales and balance sheets the way the taigs do. Think they cunts celebrate that more than some. Of the goals they score. 

We could get 5 million or 50 million and may never find a replacement like the wee man or even be able to entice them to Scotland. I'd rather we built round these boys but tbh I know the wee man wants to go down south. 

Gutted we are going to lose him 

7 hours ago, Amato said:

Is he fuck moving to a lower tier PL side. I can see Man Utd moving for him

It will be the likes of West Ham that move for him, never in a million years will it be the likes of Man Utd at this stage.

Imagine them trying to appease their fan base in January by moving for a player playing in Scotland. They'd go into absolute meltdown 

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It will be the likes of West Ham that move for him, never in a million years will it be the likes of Man Utd at this stage.

Imagine them trying to appease their fan base in January by moving for a player playing in Scotland. They'd go into absolute meltdown 

I agree with this. He’s probably going to have to go to another club before he gets a move to a “more” elite club. Regardless of how well he is doing in Europe there is still a perception about Scottish football that puts a glass ceiling in place in terms of the calibre of team that will come for him.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

I hope we don't end up like the taigs and I don't mean it in a bad way. I never want to see our best players sold and I don't want to start celebrating player sales and balance sheets the way the taigs do. Think they cunts celebrate that more than some. Of the goals they score. 

That’s because for so long they could afford to weaken their teams substantially and still be in a one horse race, this is no longer the case. Let’s see how they cope now if they offload their most valuable assets at the first decent offer with a credible title challenge coming from us.
I’ll reluctantly, but happily wish AM all the best if he chooses to leave ‘in the summer’ but all the stops must be pulled out to keep him at the club if we have genuine aspirations of this being our 55 title winning season...

He's EPL top 6.

Can see him as a natural to replace Aguero. ManU would fucking ruin him. 

That's two seasons away, so in the meantime he stays with us!

He could also join Liverpool in two seasons when Klopp does one and Gerrard gets the call, so Stevie could talk him into staying!! Double his wages of course meantime.

So joint top scorer in the Europa League group stages, has overtaken some Swedish player that played for them as most goals scored in a season in Europe by a Scottish based player and is 2nd top scorer in the league. 

But you know, not the best player in Scotland :craphead:

Archived