Looks like we are waiting anxiously

RFC55

9 minutes ago, gmcf said:

They haven't been repeatedly pulled up because fare are never there ! I'm sure if fare had been , and were neutral , c....c would be in the same trouble as us . 

FARE are as neutral as Call It Out. Two cheeks of the same arse.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"Dutch police make 42 arrests in Rotterdam" - there's no suggestion Rangers fans were involved in anway in that headline. There's a little bit of ambiguity in the headline but  then that's the entire point of it. If the headline gives the story away it's a really bad headline.

Out of curiosity do you know the journalist? And if so am I right in my assessment of him as a bitter twat? Also you surely cant deny the other article he wrote regarding the two blokes fighting in Amsterdam was deliberately framed as Rangers fans being involved in trouble and is an example of why Ranger fans cannot trust that particular paper.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm no even gonae try and vilify the fans because my mate said to me this morning, "you know for a fact had we been there we'd have sang it" 

Full of the bevvy and in amongst it, I know he's probably correct but imo nobody sets out to fuck the club over but in Europe there's no middle ground its got to stop. 

Absolutely mate, don't believe for a second any Bear sets out to get Rangers into trouble, no way, unfortunately the days of getting blootered and singing what you want are gone, too many do gooders looking to be offended, and they will cause huge damage to Rangers unless fans get wise  

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

Out of curiosity do you know the journalist? And if so am I right in my assessment of him as a bitter twat? Also you surely cant deny the other article he wrote regarding the two blokes fighting in Amsterdam was deliberately framed as Rangers fans being involved in trouble and is an example of why Ranger fans cannot trust that particular paper.

Never met the bloke and no idea who he is. From what I've seen, that video was also pushed on Twitter as being Rangers fans (and not seen anything which contradicts it tbh). If fans on an away day are involved in bother then it's not really a surprise that it might mention the club if/when it makes the news.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Still waiting on an answer??? What Manager??
Tell me what we sing that is actually racist?? And not simply labelled racist under a stupid ruling by UEFA as racist??

I won’t hold my breath, you seem to be unable to answer. 

We don't sing any racist songs IMO.  But our opinion is irrelevant.  The ONLY opinion that matters is UEFA.  They lump religious stuff in with racism, so that's all anyone will talk about.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We don't sing any racist songs IMO.  But our opinion is irrelevant.  The ONLY opinion that matters is UEFA.  They lump religious stuff in with racism, so that's all anyone will talk about.

So displaying political banners results in a paltry fine but sing about it means stadium closure or partial? Is that the rhetoric UEFA are adhering to? Sounds conflicting to me.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So displaying political banners results in a paltry fine but sing about it means stadium closure or partial? Is that the rhetoric UEFA are adhering to? Sounds conflicting to me.

No ones saying it’s fair but we really must wise up to it 

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

No opinion is irrelevant, or we would have a handful of folk running the world (no conspiracy theory anyone). To lump Fenian in with racism is plainly wrong and it needs to be pointed out.

Umless the club are happy to be classed as racist  

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We're not being pulled up for anything political.  

We have not been charged under the same section as the tarriers.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

No opinion is irrelevant, or we would have a handful of folk running the world (no conspiracy theory anyone). To lump Fenian in with racism is plainly wrong and it needs to be pointed out.

To whom exactly? We agree to it by taking part in their competitions. If we don't want to agree then we don't take part in UEFA sanctioned competition.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sorry but you're wrong.   The only opinion that matter right now is the opinion of the people in power.  We can sit and moan and bitch about the rules as much as we want, but at the end of the day we absolutely know singing addons like fuck the pope WILL see us punished.

FWIW I agree with you, the songs aren't racist, our fans aren't racist.   But our opinion means fuck alll in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Sorry but you're wrong.   The only opinion that matter right now is the opinion of the people in power.  We can sit and moan and bitch about the rules as much as we want, but at the end of the day we absolutely know singing addons like fuck the pope WILL see us punished.

FWIW I agree with you, the songs aren't racist, our fans aren't racist.   But our opinion means fuck alll in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry but I’m wrong. 😂

Ok so we don’t have any elections we don’t have alternative views of anything except what we are told it should be by the powers that be. 
Just because UEFA have made a horses ass of this and they are in charge shouldn’t mean it shouldn’t be challenged  It’s a ludicrous ruling and anyone happy to be classed as racist when they arent really needs to have long hard look at themself  

Just now, Shuggy said:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html#

UEFA cited Feyenoord last Monday for trouble against Young Boys on October24th.  50,000 euro fine and away fan ban at Porto.

That is about a month's delay, so hoping any tough sanctions gets punted to Feb 2020.

It just depends on the timings of disciplinary meetings. On November 20th they charged Romania for a game played five days earlier.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

That pretty much sums up the entire thread.

Doesn't make a shred of difference what people think about it, UEFA class those types of songs as 'racist' and will punish us every time they are sung. 

The fact we as fans know this & still sing them in the stadium is just asking for trouble. Do what you want in your own home, the local or anywhere else for that matter. 

Doing it in the stadium, during a European tie will eventually result in a stadium closure, if we get away without one against Young Boys then thank fuck, if not then we've just weakened ourselves for our biggest European match in almost a decade.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Sorry but I’m wrong. 😂

Ok so we don’t have any elections we don’t have alternative views of anything except what we are told it should be by the powers that be. 
Just because UEFA have made a horses ass of this and they are in charge shouldn’t mean it shouldn’t be challenged  It’s a ludicrous ruling and anyone happy to be classed as racist when they arent really needs to have long hard look at themself  

The fuck does that have to do with UEFA?

Archived