Looks like we are waiting anxiously

RFC55

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

mate, people aren't using it as a blanket for anything.  They are simply pointing out the rules that we singed up to, and explaining why that it's being called racist.  It's obviously not racist to shout fuck the pope, but UEFA lump anti religious songs in with racist songs.

Not much we can do about it, other than clean up the song book, or don't and wait to see what punishments we get.

You have spelled it out as clearly as possible, unfortunately, some will never get it.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

You have spelled it out as clearly as possible, unfortunately, some will never get it.

All I hear is they get away with this and that, they don't get punished for what they do , it's only a song,  we're doing nothing wrong , this will  probably still  be getting said when they shut the fuckin gates

5 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

It's a fucking joke. The worlds went bonkers to many people offended by everything.

Yes we cant keep harming the club but I'm not going to rip into our own fans. Ppl are passionate drunk on holiday man. To me it's no big deal but obv it seems to be for every cunt else.

Lost count of the times the club and manager have asked to put a stop to it - aye it is a big deal when it's affecting the club  

Just now, gogzy said:

You can moan about it if you want, it won't change anything.

The clubs don't seem in any hurry to take up the fight on behalf of fans that want to sing shit that UEFA don't want them singing.   It's not going to happen.  

All we can do is what is in or power to do,  which is stop singing things like fuck the pope.  It's really that simple mate.  

So I’m not allowed to moan either as well have an irrelevant opinion. 
FFS mate your not giving much to do each day 😂😂

Im with UEFA having rules on Offensive chants and racist chants but not together as they are so far apart in the grand scheme of things. 

18 minutes ago, gogzy said:

mate, people aren't using it as a blanket for anything.  They are simply pointing out the rules that we singed up to, and explaining why that it's being called racist.  It's obviously not racist to shout fuck the pope, but UEFA lump anti religious songs in with racist songs.

Not much we can do about it, other than clean up the song book, or don't and wait to see what punishments we get.

And I get all that mate. 
But it still shouldn’t stop clubs having a wait a minute moment, if you really want to have a crack at racism in football maybe you’re going about it the wrong way  

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Im with UEFA having rules on Offensive chants and racist chants but not together as they are so far apart in the grand scheme of things. 

I type " you can moan about it if you want"  and you read " You're not allowed to moan about it"

Maybe pay attention mate :lol:

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Porto was one of the best away atmospheres I've ever been in and there was none of it. 

Sometimes things happen sadly. But I'd say its best to avoid this shit completely in European competitions 

Is there a distance element to this? The problems in Manchester back in 2008 perhaps another example?

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

All I hear is they get away with this and that, they don't get punished for what they do , it's only a song,  we're doing nothing wrong , this will  probably still  be getting said when they shut the fuckin gates

Lost count of the times the club and manager have asked to put a stop to it - aye it is a big deal when it's affecting the club  

When the stadium is closed for an important European qualifying match, and Rangers, and Steven Gerrard have appealed to fans again, you'll still get usual look what celtic get away with shite 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They already do, that's the difference between illicit chants like celtic have been fined for and what we've been fined for. That's because ours are viewed as discriminatory against a protected class (religion/sexual orientation/gender/disability/ethnicity) rather than simply 'offensive.'

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They already do, that's the difference between illicit chants like celtic have been fined for and what we've been fined for. That's because ours are viewed as discriminatory against a protected class (religion/sexual orientation/gender/disability/ethnicity) rather than simply 'offensive.'

Religion shouldn't be in among that though as religion is the one thing in that list you can choose.

I get the point obviously.  I think that's one of the main reasons people think the rule is so unfair.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Religion shouldn't be in among that though as religion is the one thing in that list you can choose.

I get the point obviously.  I think that's one of the main reasons people think the rule is so unfair.

Roman catholicism is the biggest and most powerful religion in Europe the thought that it needs protection from uefa is laughable 

14 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I fucking said the tune in general is mo big deal in my fucking eyes. For fuck sake ya bunch a woman.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are u alex Salmond?

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It's always going to be there though. That's probably the one thing more than any of the others that causes issues.

Tbh, it isn't all that much different from the actual law itself in the way it is managed.

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

Roman catholicism is the biggest and most powerful religion in Europe the thought that it needs protection from uefa is laughable 

Mate, honestly, I'm an auld Loyalist, but the fact that Rangers fans, watching Steven Gerrards team, our team, getting a great result against Feyenoord, need to sing about the pope and Catholicism is laughable 

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

It's the most evil religion in the world and uses its power to control everything.  Brain washes cunts to the max.

Offended by everything and wants to divide themselves from everyone who arent a catholic.

5 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Mate, honestly, I'm an auld Loyalist, but the fact that Rangers fans, watching Steven Gerrards team, our team, getting a great result against Feyenoord, need to sing about the pope and Catholicism is laughable 

I think uefa being worried about it is laughable 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It's always going to be there though. That's probably the one thing more than any of the others that causes issues.

Tbh, it isn't all that much different from the actual law itself in the way it is managed.

The law is an ass when it comes to things like this. 

You're right, but it shouldn't be that way.

Archived