*****Official Sheep v Rangers thread *****

17 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think this one is massive. Probably our 2nd toughest league game of the month.

However, it's probably the most confident I have been going up there in a long time. It won't be easy but I just can't see us failing to win. Any win will do though and winning there will be a huge statement,

Can't fucking wait. Such a bust schedule but it's big game after big game. The way it should always be for us. Bring it on.

Whilst I fully accept that our players are not machines, they are professional athletes, and a couple of days rest and pampering at Auchinhowie should see them more than ready for Wednesday. Apart from the obvious need to take the three points, our players are also playing for their places on Sunday, with that in mind I think that we may well win by 2 or 3, however as usual, I will take any sort of injury free victory.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

Whilst I fully accept that our players are not machines, they are professional athletes, and a couple of days rest and pampering at Auchinhowie should see them more than ready for Wednesday. Apart from the obvious need to take the three points, our players are also playing for their places on Sunday, with that in mind I think that we may well win by 2 or 3, however as usual, I will take any sort of injury free victory.

Good post but we are definitely not going to win this game 2/3 nil in a canter 

I absolutely guarantee this will be a tight game .With bookings and more than likely red cards 

The sheep will do everything physically possible to spoil our night in which ever way it suits them .That is fine .Just wish they wouldn’t just keep all this shite exclusively for Rangers games 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good post but we are definitely not going to win this game 2/3 nil in a canter 

I absolutely guarantee this will be a tight game .With bookings and more than likely red cards 

The sheep will do everything physically possible to spoil our night in which ever way it suits them .That is fine .Just wish they wouldn’t just keep all this shite exclusively for Rangers games 

The Mutton Molesters will obviously be up for this game, however I do feel that they now know that we are not the same team that they enjoyed so much success over us in the last few years. Basically, compared to us they are shit, and we should come away with the three points, especially as I said earlier our players are playing for their place on Sunday. One thing that does concern slightly me is the restricted support we will have, cut back from last year,  despite the fact that Shitawdrie will probably be at least 5000 short of capacity on the night.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

The Mutton Molesters will obviously be up for this game, however I do feel that they now know that we are not the same team that they enjoyed so much success over us in the last few years. Basically, compared to us they are shit, and we should come away with the three points, especially as I said earlier our players are playing for their place on Sunday. One thing that does concern slightly me is the restricted support we will have, cut back from last year,  despite the fact that Shitawdrie will probably be at least 5000 short of capacity on the night.

We will see but I think we will be up against it .Even the worst Dons sides always seem to gain physical powers of brutality against us 🤔  

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

These cunts will play like Hearts did today. No quality, just cloggers leaving the boot and elbows in. Hoping to put our best players not only out the game but missing the cup final. Guaranteed.

Think we'll beat them, but I don't think we'll escape injury free.

I think we were lucky to get away with no injuries today and I agree we are in for some more rough treatment on Wed, we can only hope we get the points and no one put out of the final.  

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We will see but I think we will be up against it .Even the worst Dons sides always seem to gain physical powers of brutality against us 🤔  

We will of course be up against it at Shitawdrie, it is just the way it is, and as the epitome of the glass half empty guy I would normally be in 100% sync with you with regard to our chances on Wednesday, however with our current form in mind and with places for Sunday up for grabs I am confident about our prospects.  The way we are passing the ball at the moment, the sheepies will not be able to get near enough to exert their brutality without serious risk of a red card.

1 hour ago, giffnockger said:

Aberdeen on a Wednesday night 🤮 canny wait first time going up sober, Gona drive up leave 3ish, Gona be -50 if today’s anything to go by.

If the forecast is correct they are saying about +5 with light'ish S/W wind, not bad after what we had today. :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

We will of course be up against it at Shitawdrie, it is just the way it is, and as the epitome of the glass half empty guy I would normally be in 100% sync with you with regard to our chances on Wednesday, however with our current form in mind and with places for Sunday up for grabs I am confident about our prospects.  The way we are passing the ball at the moment, the sheepies will not be able to get near enough to exert their brutality without serious risk of a red card.

Hope you prove spot on Pal of Jake😉

1 hour ago, Rlm said:

If we beat Aberdeen would that end their title aspirations this season lol!!!!!!!

Their title aspirations were ended after the first game of the season. Miles behind us & celtic. They only turn up for about 4 games a season vs us 

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I'm expecting a very tough game...... they will try to kick us off the park to disrupt our passing game.......... but I still expect us to win. Just.

Rangers 2    The Sheep 1

Agreed, they will be absolutely up for it, as per. However, if we can score a salvo before HT and completely silence the crowd that would finish it. We don't want to be giving them any hope that they can get something out of the game in the second half, as that is when the pittodrie crowd get fired up and the tackles will fly in.

49 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Got a good friend who's a sheep fan

He's shitting himself and fears a hammering 

They were lucky against St Mirren yesterday according to him

They have been abject for the past couple of months, but grind out results. They are going to come out full on physical with us, but we need to be clever and get the chances converted early on to sink them at HT.

They will set out to kick us to fuck and defend for 90. Score early and a ref actually books a couple of cunts in the opening stages and it’ll be a stroll, if like today the ref lets them continually away with fouls that warrant a booking and it becomes more difficult. They are shite and we should be taking a few off them regardless but we know what we’re going to be up against up there. 

6 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

They will set out to kick us to fuck and defend for 90. Score early and a ref actually books a couple of cunts in the opening stages and it’ll be a stroll, if like today the ref lets them continually away with fouls that warrant a booking and it becomes more difficult. They are shite and we should be taking a few off them regardless but we know what we’re going to be up against up there. 

We are going to pass them off the park mate. They won't get near us.

17 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This wont be easy not a chance this will be anything other than a fight for 90mins

That's my worry can these players empty it twice in 4days 

Winning mentality and character were gonna need it by the truckload over this next week.

Beating the sheep shouldn’t be a problem. My main concern from Wednesday isn’t the 3 points it injuries 

Archived