*****Official Sheep v Rangers thread *****

23 hours ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Did you miss the second part of what I said? I obviously want to win.  This Sunday is more important than Wednesday. Far more important. 

Not sure about this. Yes it would be nice to win the cup, but surely the league is more imprtant ????

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

Don't think we'll be more likely to win the league by dropping points.

I’d prefer to win both, obviously. But us and them are both destroying everyone in front of them at the moment - one of us has to trip up and hit a dodgy patch. There’s a good chance that’ll happen to the loser in the final.

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’d prefer to win both, obviously. But us and them are both destroying everyone in front of them at the moment - one of us has to trip up and hit a dodgy patch. There’s a good chance that’ll happen to the loser in the final.

I can see that. But as you say both us and them are destroying the also rans. We tripped up first and seemed get away with it, but then we tripped up and let them back in.

The next trip could be fatal. Especially if they win their home game against us. That could leave us going into the break 5 or six points behind.

Wednesday is the priority for me.

4 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

I can see that. But as you say both us and them are destroying the also rans. We tripped up first and seemed get away with it, but then we tripped up and let them back in.

The next trip could be fatal. Especially if they win their home game against us. That could leave us going into the break 5 or six points behind.

Wednesday is the priority for me.

Yeah all fair points. I just think that basically if we win on Sunday, regardless of the Aberdeen result, we’ll win the league. I don’t think you can underestimate the psychological burden on us of their monopoly on trophies. Nor the knock their confidence will take by it ending.

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Yeah all fair points. I just think that basically if we win on Sunday, regardless of the Aberdeen result, we’ll win the league. I don’t think you can underestimate the psychological burden on us of their monopoly on trophies. Nor the knock their confidence will take by it ending.

Of course we could draw on Wed and they get beat so we'll be top of the league and getting a cup😀

1 hour ago, RoboBear said:

Not sure about this. Yes it would be nice to win the cup, but surely the league is more imprtant ????

Psychologically this Sunday is massive. Not only for us but them also. A win gives us huge belief that we can beat them end of December. Prove that the 2-0 win wasn't them having an off day. Puts some doubt in to their heads. 

On 02/12/2019 at 17:32, Gazzalivesforever said:

Did you miss the second part of what I said? I obviously want to win.  This Sunday is more important than Wednesday. Far more important. 

:dunno:

I know what you meant mate .... as long as none of our players get injured for Sunday ... you would hypothetically take a draw  but want a win ..... I would agree on that premise.

But to say that Sunday is far more important than getting the 3 points to add to our league tally towards winning the league this season ..... kind of proves your point to be incorrect.

Absolutely nothing is more important than this season's league title ..... not even the Europa league ..... and this is the season we have a chance to  stop the scum's dominance ..... but only if we get the correct result on Wednesday night ..... that is what is far more important.

Get a good result tomorrow and let Sunday take care of itself .... which I believe we will also win.

Fuck them all to hell and back loyal .... :p:

:UK:

Both games are so very important in our long road back but if I could only choose one, it is obviously Sunday's game. Tav has not been my favourite at times this year but watching him hoist a trophy will be a very special moment for all of us.

Now that Aberdeen are under new management it will be interesting to see if the new boss continues the policy of cutting our ticket allocation (and for THEM of course) to the bone. The official reason of course is safety and security, but we all know that in reality it is just about getting it up us and to maximise the benefit of their home match by not having a large away support. With the latter point, they are of course perfectly entitled to do so, as many other Clubs have done to us and of course we have done to THEM in recent seasons. 

However, given that the Sheepies are skint, you have to wonder how long a hard headed businessman will allow the current ticketing arrangement to stand. There will be large numbers of empty seats at Pitawdrie tonight, whilst we will be stuck with 800 odd, when we could have sold the entire South Stand without breaking sweat, even for a midweek game, suffice to say that they could have made many 10's or into three figures of thousands more from the game tonight at a time when they need every penny they can get.

All of the above being said, even if we had zero support there tonight, and even with the usual upping of effort by them against us we should still have enough to carry the day and hopefully get out of there with our squad still in one piece.

Archived