Perspective...

drewgardiner88

I doubt the OP is going to get much support so soon after that but in general I agree.

We've had an amazing start to the season, far better than most would have hoped for. We were always going to drop points. The manner in which we dropped points though is the thing that irks the most. First half we were great, second half we were poor.

We'll go again. Still a long way to go.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We showed our good and bad sides tonight. We can be sensational, and shite, Jekyll and hyde in the same game. Most worryingly like last season when we hljust needed to find a way to win we couldn't.

Our squad players dont improve our 1st team. I'd rather release Flanagan, Halliday, Ojo etc in the summer and replace with our kids, and spend money on real quality, than persevere with lesser quality players we cant rely on.

Itll only be later this season whether this is a point gained or two dropped. Unfortunately I fear the latter.

Halliday should have been on in front of Flanagan who is on the wrong side and I blame for both goals

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I doubt the OP is going to get much support so soon after that but in general I agree.

We've had an amazing start to the season, far better than most would have hoped for. We were always going to drop points. The manner in which we dropped points though is the thing that irks the most. First half we were great, second half we were poor.

We'll go again. Still a long way to go.

Look at the games we have dropped points in. celtic, Hearts away and tonight. It’s winning games like that that wins you titles and yet again we aren’t doing it.

16 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

We went away to Aberdeen and dominated whole first half. Disappointingly gave away a 2  goal lead but still could have won the game. 

People worrying now about confidence etc before Sunday however they needed an injury time winner at home to Hamilton hardly going to inspire them either...

We have had a bad half of football there but I still believe we will win on Sunday. And if I was offered a point tonight and win the LC Final I'd take it all day long

Perspective is we are still bottling it the exact same as last season. 
You do remember what we won last?? 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Look at the games we have dropped points in. celtic, Hearts away and tonight. It’s winning games like that that wins you titles and yet again we aren’t doing it.

Especially when the opposition are not dropping as many points as you and seldom looking like doing so.

The way it’s going we are going to have to bank on beating them away in the new year because the run of games we have is going to take its toll. 

9 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

The optimism is admirable OP but iv got the fear, unfortunately the taigs players have a mentality we do not possess 

Unfortunately they have a squad full of winners medals and outwith McGregor and Davis I don't think any of ours have won anything of note in their careers. Their players will go into the game believing they will win, ours will go into it hoping they might, that's a big difference.

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Halliday should have been on in front of Flanagan who is on the wrong side and I blame for both goals

If you can only blame Flanagan for the 2 goals then you really need to stop watching football. He was a small piece in the usual clusterfuck from our defence. 

18 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

We went away to Aberdeen and dominated whole first half. Disappointingly gave away a 2  goal lead but still could have won the game. 

People worrying now about confidence etc before Sunday however they needed an injury time winner at home to Hamilton hardly going to inspire them either...

We have had a bad half of football there but I still believe we will win on Sunday. And if I was offered a point tonight and win the LC Final I'd take it all day long

I agree really, but my night has been ruined and I feel very aggrieved.

We won’t win the league again this year if we play like that,from coasting the first 35 minutes where we should have buried them our bottle went when they scored that’s not how you win titles.

The Tarriers conceded in 90 min and still win meanwhile it looked like we never really looked like scoring and winning even though we had 40 minutes to do so.

My confidence has taken a severe dent in it for Sunday especially with Goldson and Helander and the winning mentality of our players.

20 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

They've been pumping everyone in sight since they lost at Livingston, domestically and in Europe, so I highly doubt a slight scare against Hamilton is going to knock their confidence.

We shat it against one of the worst sides Aberdeen have had in years, and that is saying something for that mob.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don't disagree. However, we beat the tarriers twice last season and struggled against lesser teams. Every game is important if you want to win titles. We also have the best away record in the league. Tonight was not nearly good enough. The second half was shocking. There can be no excuses. It's a setback, no doubt about it. We're all fucking scunnered but there is still a long way to go.

Archived