Gerrard's Post Match Interview

sco22y

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, this is not new.

He should have taken the blame. He sees what we see. Down to him, end of!

Don't get me wrong I like Gerrard and yes he's still learning but a couple of times now he's been guilty of saying  good things about players and their performances, thinking more of  Katic and just at the weekend there Stewart and then totally blanks them, what must these players think after hearing him say if they perform well they get the shirt and are then stuck back on the bench when the likes of Ojo (or as I call him Ono) are non existent or constantly making mistakes  when they are on the park but are the bosses blue eyed babies and get the nod ahead of them, how long will it be before they just give up as well, Gerrard is making a noose for himself here if he's not careful.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Honesty no idea what Gerrard could have done , how could any of us predicted that collapse after the first 40 minutes 

He could have seen that Goldson was giving it away in dangerous positions time and again. Yes, Jack did so too, but thankfully we had other midfielders to try and recover. Goldson’s fuck ups     were positionally more dangerous.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Your leader has a name boss. He is called James Tavernier.  At 2-2, Barry Ferguson takes that game by the scruff of the neck, our leader disappears and pops up when there is a free-kick to be had.

Doesn’t go 2-2 if your “leader” isn’t Goldson 

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

He could have seen that Goldson was giving it away in dangerous positions time and again. Yes, Jack did so too, but thankfully we had other midfielders to try and recover. Goldson’s fuck ups     were positionally more dangerous.

What can he do about a player giving the  ball away from the side ? 

16 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

What can he do about a player giving the  ball away from the side ? 

Goldson is being targeted by teams because he dithers on the ball when pressed and usually loses possession by passing the ball out or gifting to the opposition.

31 minutes ago, sco22y said:

'No idea what he could have done? ' imagine we lose the league by 1 or 2 points. What would you expect him to do if, in hindsight, you knew this were the case? Fucking go for the jugular with the strikers ( one who is reportedly on more money than anyone has ever earned in Scottish football, and Greg Stewart who played a blinder the last game we played and  has a point to prove, being a gers fan). We have been talking recently about how goal difference could be the difference. Now this monstrosity of a game has came to a negative conclusion, now it is our defence mechanism to look for excuses or to accept excuses.  Fuck accepting or excusing. Walter Smith was the epitome of never accepting anything but a winning mentality, that is why we loved him so much. This game could prove, so frustrationgly, massive. 

The collapse was solely down to the players 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

He saw what we saw and for 30 odd minutes he allowed the game to go the way of Aberdeen without changing a thing.

Subbing Ojo on over a guy who came off the bench and bagged a brace a few days ago was baffling then to leave out our second highest scorer for a defender when we need a win just topped it off.

Gerrard managed the game poorly  

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

Honestly just what was he expecting from Ojo, the game was slipping away from us, he's the last person surely that you turn to when you're up against it.

Exactly my thought when i seen him coming on , what the fuck is he going to do ?

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Players Gerrard picks and can see no wrong in. Goldson has been shite for weeks and Flanagan is the most one footed fuck up imaginable,least said about ojo the better and will somecunt explain the Katic substitution. He rested jack and it backfired as he looked as if he was still on leave. And this was the worst sheep team I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Players Gerrard picks and can see no wrong in. Goldson has been shite for weeks and Flanagan is the most one footed fuck up imaginable,least said about ojo the better and will somecunt explain the Katic substitution. He rested jack and it backfired as he looked as if he was still on leave. And this was the worst sheep team I’ve ever seen.

Katic was brought on to try and score from the corner 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

That's why it was and thought it obvious. 

Though we should a went Alfie jermaine with 20 to go 

Would have had Stewart on too. On a high after Sunday, capable of a moment of brilliance and would have been right up for impressing against his former club.

1 hour ago, sco22y said:

He looked totally dejected and basically said you expect our leaders to be more influential. Well, maybe our leaders need a wake up call. No need to mention names here but fuck me do certain players need a big wake up call. 

One leader name Connor Goldson needs dropped and rested. 

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Gerrard looks over-tired in that interview. I hope he gets some decent sleep before  Sunday's game.

He was smiling during the game. He like us has had an emotional 90 and can't belive we've not got. 3 points. 

Nothing in it 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Not looking forward to Saturday night/Sunday morning at all btw. Depression, then the buzz, then the shitting it, then sitting through it :lol: 

It’s brutal man.

All the scenarios running through your head, then come the shits...then the adrenaline and either euphoria or utter devastation.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Your leader has a name boss. He is called James Tavernier.  At 2-2, Barry Ferguson takes that game by the scruff of the neck, our leader disappears and pops up when there is a free-kick to be had.

like lewis ferguson done for them you mean......

when things get physical we cannot cope, plain and simple.

contine to pick goldson and helander then it will cost you stevie, i want gerrard to be grilled from the press for OJO though,  i want gerrard to admit his reasoning for playing him even from the bench, hes being shoehorned into our team because of a fucking liverpool fine loan system, i want that in the air!!!!

GERRARD cannot justify bringing ojo on or squad involvement, hes been the clear standout worse performer, im sick of  this now.

Archived