Gerrard's Post Match Interview

sco22y

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to take the blame tonight Jack was playing poorly and giving the ball away although he did score he should have been subbed for Kamara and Stewart should have started after scoring two goals I guess Stewart doesn't play for Liverpool youths though..

19 minutes ago, sco22y said:

He mentioned afterwards that they scored a crucial goal before half time, as if that was some kind of magical reason they were able to gain a point. That should have proved to be a massive spark to ignite a goal fest. Fuck, we should have had cunts in that team fighting amongst themselves for a place in the team on Sunday that has the opportunity to stop them from winning their tenth (fuck!) trophy in a row. Looking ahead to Sunday, if this result doesn't give them the impetus to win, fuck knows if we can last the pace of the league challenge. 

There are one or two in that team who would probably be secretly relieved not to play on sunday, that's the character of them.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He also said the ref apologised for no penalty, what chance you got? 

Apologised.... I could accept that if he was at a distance which would make it difficult to see but he was 3 yards away staring straight at it, was he more concerned at the torrent of accusations and abuse (usual suspects) he’d have been catching post match?...

23 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I agree but I thought we’d come out second half to back to playing our game and be calm 

Instead we still look shook and gifted away another goal fast 

I know and I’m pretty confident that’s the message the players would have got. The players fucked it tonight.

I think it is fair to say we need Kamara and Barasic back to stand any chance of winning on Sunday. When you think of it, they are two stand out players for nations who have qualified for Euro 2020 and who might just win it for us on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Apologised.... I could accept that if he was at a distance which would make it difficult to see but he was 3 yards away staring straight at it, was he more concerned at the torrent of accusations and abuse (usual suspects) he’d have been catching post match?...

It’s no surprise. Refs subconsciously or not don’t give us decisions 

8 minutes ago, Unionblue said:

Fcuk the haters, and the bishop of Rome

No Surrender, we will win this league

I think you will find that the haters are the season ticket holders, the fanatical supporters, the die hards, the people, the cunts who go to every away game. I hate the result of this game, as do many others, and I may hate certain tactics, but fuck I hope you are right that we will win this league. It will probably send me into the depression of all depressions should we not. 

To be fair Gerrard does seem shocked and sickened at that collapse. It must be hard to comprehend for someone like him that players could be so weak and spineless. He needs to realise some of this comes from his captain, he was a great leader himself so fuck knows why he cant spot when someone just isn't.

13 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Barasic hasn't done much wrong

True but that’s why I called out the serial offenders. Barisic was woeful for Hamilton’s goal though but Helander looks better with Barisic next to him, the two on the other side are dreadful and will cost us this season 

26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Your leader has a name boss. He is called James Tavernier.  At 2-2, Barry Ferguson takes that game by the scruff of the neck, our leader disappears and pops up when there is a free-kick to be had.

The supporters choice for captain in a better position to take it by the scruff of the neck disappeared up his own arse after his goal to 

39 minutes ago, sco22y said:

He looked totally dejected and basically said you expect our leaders to be more influential. Well, maybe our leaders need a wake up call. No need to mention names here but fuck me do certain players need a big wake up call. 

What leaders?

Not one between that whole back line and there never will be.

Young Kent and Alfredo have the character. Arfield disappeared up his own arse again. Jack got lost. Davis just tried to stick to being technically good. 

When your manager consistently picks players who have consistently shown they are spineless and dug  shite right across that back line, I don't know wtf he expects of others. Time he had a good fucking look in the mirror.

We have good alternatives on the bench awaiting their chance and I'm fucking raging at Gerrard for ignoring them, as he sees what we see week in week out and the only one at fault is him!

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

To be fair Gerrard does seem shocked and sickened at that collapse. It must be hard to comprehend for someone like him that players could be so weak and spineless. He needs to realise some of this comes from his captain, he was a great leader himself so fuck knows why he cant spot when someone just isn't.

Mate it's been the one thing we've been missing for years now, we just do not have anyone in the ranks who are captain material, when I think of a Rangers captain I think of someone who when things are not going well can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and encourage others around him to up their effort, there has been no one of that caliber in our club for years now,.

Please do not suggest Davis or Jack they don't have that X factor either when the chips are down, they don't even have to be the most gifted player but we desperately need a captain in the ranks who can stand up and be counted on.

12 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Emm, this is not new.

He should have taken the blame. He sees what we see. Down to him, end of!

14 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

He’s been shocked and sickened in the past and not changed anything so I wouldn’t hold your breath 

He has been consistent in his belief that as team we are not good enough to pick and choose when to perform and have to be at it every minute of every game. That's an honest assessment of the players we have at the moment.  Tonight we were at it for 35 minutes then for whatever reason stopped doing what we had been doing. But also McInnes made a couple of tactical changes to restrict our freedom in the wide areas. Gerrard did not react to this at all even when you could see we looked like getting nothing out of this game. His subs tonight we're nothing changes and I sometimes worry that when he says the players couldn't handle the pressure tonight, that perhaps he needs to look a bit closer at himself on handling pressure from the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pick fucking different would be a good start.

This shit with his blue eyed picks was always going to happen.

Agreed it’s definitely going to bite us on the arse from time to time when our best centre half is always on the bench or not even In the squad at all  , I’ve just came to accept big Katic is going to be shat on season after season until the big mans had enough 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Honesty no idea what Gerrard could have done , how could any of us predicted that collapse after the first 40 minutes 

'No idea what he could have done? ' imagine we lose the league by 1 or 2 points. What would you expect him to do if, in hindsight, you knew this were the case? Fucking go for the jugular with the strikers ( one who is reportedly on more money than anyone has ever earned in Scottish football, and Greg Stewart who played a blinder the last game we played and  has a point to prove, being a gers fan). We have been talking recently about how goal difference could be the difference. Now this monstrosity of a game has came to a negative conclusion, now it is our defence mechanism to look for excuses or to accept excuses.  Fuck accepting or excusing. Walter Smith was the epitome of never accepting anything but a winning mentality, that is why we loved him so much. This game could prove, so frustrationgly, massive. 

28 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

And there you have Scottish football mate. I don’t care what anyone says the first thing that’s goes through a refs mind in that situation is my windows, my car and these days my families safety. 

Archived