*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Was tongue in cheek mate 

I think we need to swap Tav and Barisic round. Defoe and Edmunson in the centre. 

Flanagan as a controlling centre midfielder along with Davis and Jack. Morelos and Katic as wingers. 

Grezda upfront by himself.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had so much high Hope's don't know now.

Part of me thinks that at 2 Nil up tonight the players just started to relax and think about Sunday 

The other part of me thinks this is Rangers of new,pressure is building people starting to crack.

A win will tip it in our favour. 

A loss I fear failure once again this season.

As much as this feels like a pivotal game in our season, the reality is that it’s probably the least important of all 4 competitions.  I hope and actually expect us to win, especially after the Aberdeen game and how it planned out.  However, if we win the league then whatever happens in all other competitions will be forgiven.  If I had the choice of winning this game or the Parkhead game then it’s a tough call.  If we lose that Parkhead game our league campaign is in trouble. 

Anyway, one game at a tome and I hope we smash them on Sunday. 

6 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

I want a fucking trophy. A trophy for Tav, for Gerrard, and everyone who has suffered through the struggles over the last few years, for the younger fans, for the players who haven't won medals, and to beat the scum head to head to get it. Please.

That should be pinned on the dressing room wall in Hampden on Sunday.

The two CBs dont fill me with confidence but I doubt he'll change it at this late stage . Just got to hope they give us a performance that's got us on the brink of qualifying from the Europa cup group stages . 

If Borna doesnt make it then it's got to be Haliday after Flanagan's panicky performance last night . 

Barisic needs to take one more injection in his foot, it’s pivotal he plays. 

Both our full backs will push theirs back time and again and I really fancy Barisic and Kent up against a kid at RB. 

We need to be on it in the middle and stop conceding possession so easily. 

Hopefully turn up for this one! Badly need a result here, could make or break our season. Got the fear at the minute thinking about it, come Sunday hopefully get the battle fever and expect a convincing performance?!

Anyone able to recommend some pubs in Edinburgh where I'll be able to watch the game without fear of catching the bad aids?

21 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Aribo and Ojo should be nowhere near the starting eleven,  this is  not the type of fixture that suits them,  we need to battle and fight for every ball to have any chance.  

Joe Aribo was best player on the park 1st half.

Baffles me the stick he takes when likes of Jack was absolutely shite bar the goal.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Joe Aribo was best player on the park 1st half.

Baffles me the stick he takes when likes of Jack was absolutely shite bar the goal.

Agree Jack had a well below average game last night, but still think aribo is a luxury we cant afford against them.  I will be delighted to be proved wrong on Sunday. 

Think SG should throw a curve ball -

McGregor 

Goldson.    Katic.        Helander

Davis

Tavernier.     Jack.          Kamara.    BB/AH

Morelos.           Kent

Quite defensive 3-5 -2

If Borna(BB) doesn't play Andy Halliday (AH)should.

1 -0 Gers 🇬🇧🇬🇧

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Barisic needs to take one more injection in his foot, it’s pivotal he plays. 

Both our full backs will push theirs back time and again and I really fancy Barisic and Kent up against a kid at RB. 

We need to be on it in the middle and stop conceding possession so easily. 

Honestly think they'll play the one that looks like a girl at RB.

We need Katic at the back and he's decent from corners too. Hopefully Borna will be fit because him and Kent will tear them up down the left. I think Gerrard will have went through them after last night and Sunday we'll go out with a point to prove.

Archived