*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

Quite unbelievable we didn't win tbh. Shite officiating aside, on another day we shred the cunts.

Is this the kick up the erse we needed to spurn us on?

We done enough to win a few games, but it shows you need to be at it for the full 90 minutes. Any lapses you can get punished by shite like yesterday.

We are a bit guilty at times of taking our foot of the gas, albeit we seemed to flounder when they went down to ten men and sat in.

Yesterday was a hard lesson. Feels like you've just been mugged.

Can only hope it makes us stronger.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Quite unbelievable we didn't win tbh. Shite officiating aside, on another day we shred the cunts.

We done enough to win a few games, but it shows you need to be at it for the full 90 minutes. Any lapses you can get punished by shite like yesterday.

We are a bit guilty at times of taking our foot of the gas, albeit we seemed to flounder when they went down to ten men and sat in.

I'd sit down with the squad and watch it back. They should no themselves now that they are just as good as they cunts. Hard to take but being inferior to them should be no more. 

The scum where shit but we made them look shit. 

54 minutes ago, Smile said:

It doesn't matter how good you play when you lose no one will look back on this game and say we were great losers, no cunt wants to be that, they will only remember the filth winning the cup.

By the end of the week posters on here will have convinced themselves we were brilliant in a game we lost and Morelos was unlucky not to get a Hat-trick.

Nobody is saying we want to be good losers, but we didn’t play badly yesterday and reading the posts on here after the game that’s the impression you would have got. We were excellent and simply didn’t get the rewards that our performance deserved.  

While I get that a lot of it is said in immediate frustration after the game, some of the comments on here were absolutely ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We just need the monkey off our back. Once we get rid of that monkey and they they get that taste of winning one I think the floodgates will open. 

44 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm genuinely fucking devastated man.

Keep replaying the chances, the pk and their goal over and over in my head and its no making it any easier.

I still canae believe we've lost that man 

You almost can't legislate for it. All it would have took was one chance to have gone in and we go on to win IMO. Chance after chance after chance, great chances too. Some poor finishing, some great keeping, some rotten luck. A deflection, an inch either side of the keeper, just anything and the game changes. Brutal.

I’ve sat at Parkhead and watched them take 5 going on 10 off us over the past few years. Walked in and out expecting it but that yesterday was the worst I’ve felt. 

It felt like an Old firm, it felt like we were destined to win it with the way we totally dominated them. 

It’ll be the biggest smash and grab you’ll see anywhere all season when you take everything into account with the goal, shots on target etc. 

Our season now goes one of two ways. We finally wake up and realise we are better than them, we want to prove it and we want to win the remaining two trophies and it starts with bread and butter games like Motherwell, Hibs etc. 

Or we go out on Thursday and continue to drop points until the piggery and the season is done with our mentality questioned time and again

Take it we’ll be rising above the decisions that went against us as per , when is our club going to realise this gets us nowhere , their antics when defeated leads to under absolutely no circumstances can the ref give a penalty against Brown in a final , as per we’ll sit back and say fuck all and watch undoubtedly stonewall pens etc denied the rest of the season like Aberdeen away 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm genuinely fucking devastated man.

Keep replaying the chances, the pk and their goal over and over in my head and its no making it any easier.

I still canae believe we've lost that man 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

You almost can't legislate for it. All it would have took was one chance to have gone in and we go on to win IMO. Chance after chance after chance, great chances too. Some poor finishing, some great keeping, some rotten luck. A deflection, an inch either side of the keeper, just anything and the game changes. Brutal.

Didn't deserve to lose it, only thing I'm taking consolation in is they had a whole season of luck going their way in that game yesterday, it won't happen again. 

We'll batter them at the end of month to hopefully go top then take it from there. 

32 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Just made myself watch the highlights and I wish I hadn't, I feel worse, fucking hell Morelos had a nightmare, I fucking hate football. 

Said to her last night and a few of my mates today that I don’t know why the fuck I bother with fitba.  Does my head in and if shit goes tits up I’m in the huff for days.  Worse the older I get.

Hoping the club come out with a to the point statement on yesterday's events. Make no bones about it had  it went our way those fuckers would be smashing in columns windaes.  3 offside for that French pricks goal. How fuckin blind must they be?  This dignified silence shit doesn't work. Yesterday should be a watershed moment. 

39 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Players need to use the hurt from yesterday to kick on now. That will be a huge learning curve for a lot of them but at least they know we are a better team than them. Lots of football still to be played this season. 

Positive loyal. 

I feel we've been saying that so many times over the last few years. We needed that one yesterday to actually come in. Eventually it has to be reality and not just a learning curve. 

The officiating is just fucking horrendous up here.

Hand it to Gerrard, he didn't miss the cunts, but it will make little difference such is the narrative up here.

Just play same game plan at the scum dome, we bury them.

I honestly have never seen a team of such horrible bastards that carry so much fucking luck.

On hindsight, the tactics were spot on and we can't really blame any of the players, as they gave it their all.

The Gods were not with us yesterday, but our day will come. That is inevitable. Let's hope for an early Xmas present at theirs.

56 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Said to her last night and a few of my mates today that I don’t know why the fuck I bother with fitba.  Does my head in and if shit goes tits up I’m in the huff for days.  Worse the older I get.

Suffer through the shite to enjoy the happy days even more, felt that way before Walter came back. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The officiating is just fucking horrendous up here.

Hand it to Gerrard, he didn't miss the cunts, but it will make little difference such is the narrative up here.

Just play same game plan at the scum dome, we bury them.

I honestly have never seen a team of such horrible bastards that carry so much fucking luck.

On hindsight, the tactics were spot on and we can't really blame any of the players, as they gave it their all.

The Gods were not with us yesterday, but our day will come. That is inevitable. Let's hope for an early Xmas present at theirs.

Xmas day is the 25th 🤣

Archived