Tavernier

Essandoh

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Tav was up against a winger that cost around 12million and didnt give him a kick.

Not seeing much praise for him on here.

He was one of our best players in the game.

That winger cost Southampton £16m and he earns £79k/week.  As you said, Tavernier kept him quiet will managing to get us up the park and create chances himself.

Barisic done an excellent defensive job on Forrest as well.  He wasn’t able to get up the park as he sometimes does but he did the defensive work brilliantly.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, evenstevens said:

I think the "Morelos was penalty taker" story from SG is to protect both Tav and Alfie.  I think Tav didn't fancy it and Morelos did. 

I watched Tavernier and Gerrard’s post match interviews.  If they’re both liars, as you say, they’re very convincing ones.  Both said in separate interviews that Morelos was the designated penalty taker.  But, I guess some will believe what they want.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Why would anyone decide Morelos in the biggest game off our season was the player to take that penalty he could still play now and not score against the filth.

It's in his head now, if Morelos had played against any other team yesterday he would have had a few but he snatched at shots he normally takes with ease he would have passed at times rather than take shots from impossible angles.

11 games and no goals against them and Gerrard or Tav decided this was the time to change up the penalty taker, mental.

Did you not start a thread saying strikers should always take penalties? 

And I imagine it was decided after Tavernier missed his last one in October, not when it was awarded yesterday.

Thought Tav had a good game, lost the wee melted face prick a couple of times but that’s Tav for you, that aside he got forward well tracked back well His delivery was as good as I’ve seen it this season sadly we have the worst attacking central defenders in the league. 

12 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Did you not start a thread saying strikers should always take penalties? 

And I imagine it was decided after Tavernier missed his last one in October, not when it was awarded yesterday.

Yes, I did and still think that but if you read my posts yesterday wasn't a day to try this anybody watching could see Morelos was not scoring and missed a lot of chances, I never felt confident when he got the ball at all.

This saying after last October is also nonsense as Tav stated he still felt good to take them and it was up to him still to decide in interviews on RTV then.

Just now, Smile said:

Yes, I did and still think that but if you read my posts yesterday wasn't a day to try this anybody watching could see Morelos was not scoring and missed a lot of chances, I never felt confident when he got the ball at all.

This saying afterlast October is also nonsense as Tav stated he still felt good to take them and it was up to him still to decide in interviews on RTV.

It wasn't decided on the spot, had Tavernier taken it and missed your have been saying Morelos should have took it. You've said you have no confidence in Tavernier but you wanted him to take the most important penalty this season having already missed 3.

12 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It wasn't decided on the spot, had Tavernier taken it and missed your have been saying Morelos should have took it. You've said you have no confidence in Tavernier but you wanted him to take the most important penalty this season having already missed 3.

I think it was after watching RTV interviews Tav even stated it was his choice in them, I said the strikers  we do have Defoe or Morelos at the time i stated that Defoe would have been my choice anyone watching the game yesterday could see Morelos was struggling in front of goal Tav gave him the penalty to lift him.

Did you feel confident when Tav gave Morelos the ball?

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think it was after watching RTV interviews Tav even stated it was his choice in them, I said the strikers  we do have Defoe or Morelos at the time i stated that Defoe would have been my choice anyone watching the game yesterday could see Morelos was struggling in front of goal Tav gave him the penalty to lift him.

Did you feel confident when Tav gave Morelos the ball?

I voted that Tavernier should take a break from penalties in your thread. If I don't think he should be taking them at all I definitely don't think he should just be taking the really important one. It's fucking dumb logic to say otherwise.

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I voted that Tavernier should take a break from penalties in your thread. If I don't think he should be taking them at all I definitely don't think he should just be taking the really important one. It's fucking dumb logic to say otherwise.

Not at all we have to try it out first not in the biggest game of our season when you can see the players he's giving it too never scoring, that was the stupid thing.

I will ask again did you feel confident when Tav gave up the ball to Morelos for the penalty?

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not at all we have to try it out first not in the biggest game of our season when you can see the players he's giving it too never scoring, that was the stupid thing.

I will ask again did you feel confident when Tav gave up the ball to Morelos for the penalty?

I was shouting for him to take it when it was given. I wasn't the only one where I was.

So you're saying you don't trust Tavernier to take penalties unless it's against celtic? That makes absolute sense.

Remember you said strikers should  ALWAYS take penalties, that defaulted to Morelos yesterday. No ifs, no buts.

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I was shouting for him to take it when it was given. I wasn't the only one where I was.

So you're saying you don't trust Tavernier to take penalties unless it's against celtic? That makes absolute sense.

Remember you said strikers should  ALWAYS take penalties, that defaulted to Morelos yesterday. No ifs, no buts.

Plenty on here wanted Tavernier off penalties and Morelos was to take them to get his stats up.  It happened yesterday and now they’re upset Tavernier didn’t take it.  They’re just going to have a go at the guy no matter what.

49 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I also mentioned Barisic in the thread as i said he hits a good dead ball Defoe is also a striker who I'd favour to take penalties over Morelos.

So obviously you are doing the wee angry boy attitude thing rather than taking proper time to read threads.

Tav should have still be on Penalties yesterday and should not have given Morelos the chance when anyone could see how it would end yesterday.

Why give a player who has never scored a goal in 11 games or more a chance to miss another against them?

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I also mentioned Barisic in the thread as i said he hits a good dead ball Defoe is also a striker who I'd favour to take penalties over Morelos.

So obviously you are doing the wee angry boy attitude thing rather than taking proper time to read threads.

Tav should have still be on Penalties yesterday and should not have given Morelos after his misses the ball it makes perfect sense.

So you didn't say strikers should always take penalties, it's what they are paid for? And being captain does not mean you need to take everything, and should step back when they are not great. That wasn't you?

You didn't mention Barisic once in that thread. You should take some proper time to read it.

Not angry in the slightest.

15 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

So you didn't say strikers should always take penalties, it's what they are paid for? And being captain does not mean you need to take everything, and should step back when they are not great. That wasn't you?

You didn't mention Barisic once in that thread. You should take some proper time to read it.

Not angry in the slightest.

I admitted to saying all that read the thread instead of going off on one like a dick, yesterday was not the day to change it.

If that cannot be understood by you I cant really explain it too you any more. But do go on you may make an interesting point.

Just now, Smile said:

I admitted to saying all that read the thread instead of going off on one like a dick, yesterday was not the day to change it.

If that cannot be understood by you I cant really explain it too you any more.

I understand the meaning of always.

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Obscurity. It's a fucking message board. 

Anger now you have to keep that in check.

Now back on topic Tav was a stupid cunt to give the ball to Morelos for the penalty when he saw he didn't have his shooting boots on.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thought Tav had a good game, lost the wee melted face prick a couple of times but that’s Tav for you, that aside he got forward well tracked back well His delivery was as good as I’ve seen it this season sadly we have the worst attacking central defenders in the league. 

Goldson is certainly opening my eyes lately 

His heading ability for a big guy is limited 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Goldson is certainly opening my eyes lately 

His heading ability for a big guy is limited 

Shat it when french eddy came on had no striker to mark for 60 minutes when he did he collapsed. What was that tackle about.

If morelos was the designated penalty taker why was Tavernier getting the ball for him, I genuinely think they agreed between themselves at that moment to change it otherwise there's no reason for tav to be stood beside him at the penalty spot giving him the ball. 

Trying to break your duck on a penalty is never a good idea but there was a part of me that wanted Morelos to take it,. Obviously in hindsight on such an occasion we shouldn't have changed it as it's left us with more questions. 

41 minutes ago, Smile said:

Anger now you have to keep that in check.

Now back on topic Tav was a stupid cunt to give the ball to Morelos for the penalty when he saw he didn't have his shooting boots on.

So you're calling the manager a liar?

48 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

If morelos was the designated penalty taker why was Tavernier getting the ball for him, I genuinely think they agreed between themselves at that moment to change it otherwise there's no reason for tav to be stood beside him at the penalty spot giving him the ball. 

Trying to break your duck on a penalty is never a good idea but there was a part of me that wanted Morelos to take it,. Obviously in hindsight on such an occasion we shouldn't have changed it as it's left us with more questions. 

The scum keeper leathered the ball to fuck. It or a replacement one was spotted over at the far touchline. Tav retrieved it and brought it to Morelos who was waiting on the spot whilst their player slowly trudged off.

There was no obvious discussion/ debate / argument that would suggest anything other than it being pre arranged for Morelos as taker. TV pics didnt show much of this.

Archived