Tavernier

Essandoh

Just now, British_Empire said:

Goldson has been doing well recently. 

We've conceded like 1 goal in maybe half a dozen games including high profile friendlies with him a lynchpin at the back - that's exceptional.

@BridgeIsBlue said he fucked up. Must have happened when my screen froze. I missed that one. Ha! 

But yes, defensively we are very solid. Even McLaughlin is pushing for a spot

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he cut out fannying about on the ball I wouldn't have a problem with him tbh. 

He makes absolutely braindead decisions at least once every couple of games and it's going to cost us eventually. 

Once every couple of games is being generous as well. 

Today is a bit harsh to be bringing up the old Tav debate for me. I thought he was fine today and the ball he put in for the second goal was great.

I do think he needs a bit of a torch up his arse later on in the year. Barisic got it when the manager wasn't bothered about using Flanagan or Halliday who was in good form at the time.

Whether Patterson can push him remains to be seen though?

5 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Noticed the usual posters posting the usual anti Tav nonsense.

Played well today, 

0 goals lost in 2 games , so we cannot blame him for that, so he now cannot attack or cross so going forward hes poor.

This place is embarrassing as a Rangers fans site at times.

I see, so we all have to agree with each other and make like a bunch of lemmings? Ok then :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not really. Balogun bailed him and Tav out in the first half then Obika took the ball off him almost on the edge of the box in the second half. A more intelligent quicker striker is in our box within a couple of seconds due to constant dilly dallying and being well out of position 

I rarely go on to FF but I did tonight to read and they have nothing but praise for Goldson this season. Funny how we all see the game differently.

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Today is a bit harsh to be bringing up the old Tav debate for me. I thought he was fine today and the ball he put in for the second goal was great.

I do think he needs a bit of a torch up his arse later on in the year. Barisic got it when the manager wasn't bothered about using Flanagan or Halliday who was in good form at the time.

Whether Patterson can push him remains to be seen though?

Not really, people will slate guys like jack and kamara for doing the job they are asked to do, tav isnt doing the job he's asked to do in all honesty

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Even today he was awful. Guys a clown and will cost us.

About 35-mins in or so .... nowhere to be seen, Goldson covered a counter attack that looked dangerous. If St Mirren were an intelligent, footballing side then it's 1-1

Shut up drunken mess 

11 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Played well today, 

0 goals lost in 2 games , so we cannot blame him for that, so he now cannot attack or cross so going forward hes poor.

Well yeah, we play a system where a massive part of our attacking play is the fullbacks, barisic on the left takes men on, whips in dangerous crosses gets assists during play

Tav hit a shot straight at the keeper and put in one good dead ball out of at least 2 (one corner went out for a goal kick) 

Yet people think tav played well? 

Its no surprise that any time st mirren tried anything it was targeting goldson and tavs side of the pitch

Defensively he is miles off every game and draws pressure on the centre half's unnecessarily.  In attack he has lost his ability to beat a man, his crosses are about 1 in 7, his corners either hit the first defender or it's out the park and his free kicks are gash (thankfully he's off that duty now).  For me though, the biggest issue is the fact that he is an extremely poor captain! No balls. No dig. No vocal motivation of the team in the game. Hes a weak link but not the only one, but unfortunately he is meant to be a leader.  He is far from it.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well yeah, we play a system where a massive part of our attacking play is the fullbacks, barisic on the left takes men on, whips in dangerous crosses gets assists during play

Tav hit a shot straight at the keeper and put in one good dead ball out of at least 2 (one corner went out for a goal kick) 

Yet people think tav played well? 

Its no surprise that any time st mirren tried anything it was targeting goldson and tavs side of the pitch

No sure people are saying he played well mate, think people are just saying he didn't play shite and there is no reason for cunts to call him out today as it's undeserved.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No sure people are saying he played well mate, think people are just saying he didn't play shite and there is no reason for cunts to call him out today as it's undeserved.

Its an area of the pitch that needa upgraded though, he's an attacking fullback that for some reason now offers very little going forward

18 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Played well today, 

Maybe a forum with different opinions isn't the place for you, princess? 

We didn't concede but it was far from a 10/10 from Tav or Goldson. If you can't handle that log off and away n greet tae yer boyfriend. 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Doesn't matter - if you're a Rangers fan you (should) strive for the best.

He's our captain and an awful right-back. 

I do get folk saying we won today and I admit it was a good day - but why ignore glaring problems in our side? guys a clown. Everyone knows it.

Our holding midfielders still don’t protect the back four enough. St Mirren’s break in the first half where Balogun made the great cover tackle. Jack was far too high up the pitch given both full backs were level with their penalty box. 

Its inexcusable that we are playing 3 centre mids and can get caught short like that. 

Either Kamara or Jack need to do better at dropping into that hole and protecting the centre backs when Tav and Barisic bomb forward.

Archived