Tavernier

Essandoh

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GA1972 said:

It’s not scraping the barrel mate, he had a good game 

But moments like that define careers, that was his moment and he passed the buck 

Meh, I thought he should have taken it myself but I just find it funny that people who wanted him off them are now raging that he let someone else take it.

It's not even the best save their GK made all day either. It was such a poor penalty. Why didn't he just do what he always does and just smash it down the middle.

As soon as I saw Tav give it to Morelos, I knew we weren't scoring and I knew there and then it was game over. 

It needed a Captain to step up, do what he's done 95% of the time from the spot, and then kick on and win game. 

He didn't, we didn't and now we are fucking raging. 

The only positive is that on any other day, we skelp them. But that means fuck all. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Being a player and being a captain are two different things, tav today was one but not the other

Because he doesn't run about snarling and grabbing team mates by the throat?

Scott Brown is a wanker and I'm glad my Captain doesn't act like him.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Meh, I thought he should have taken it myself but I just find it funny that people who wanted him off them are now raging that he let someone else take it.

It's not even the best save their GK made all day either. It was such a poor penalty. Why didn't he just do what he always does and just smash it down the middle.

It had to go down the middle

The keeper is playing a blinder so you know he’s going to give, put it high up the middle and the keeper has no chance to be a hero 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

It had to go down the middle

The keeper is playing a blinder so you know he’s going to give, put it high up the middle and the keeper has no chance to be a hero 

Every other attempt at a finish was a laces through the ball effort then he tries to finesse the penalty :lol:

I would take the arm band off him now and I was against it previously. These kinds of games you need a captain to drag the team over the line, Tav just carries on floating the same shite crosses into the box. He'll lead us to fuck all, he simply doesn't have the winners mentality.

A serial loser. 

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Because he doesn't run about snarling and grabbing team mates by the throat?

Scott Brown is a wanker and I'm glad my Captain doesn't act like him.

Yeah because a captain that's just led his team to their tenth trophy in a row isnt something we want 

Heres a question, when has tav actually shown leadership qualities? 

3 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Reality is the decision of who was taking that Pen was made weeks ago after Tav missed his last one. 

its sickening that the next one came up in the biggest game for years but the decision was made and stuck to

Hard to tell when the decision was made but I can understand why it was. Loads of people on here were calling for Tavs to be taken off penalty duties. As our top goal scorer Morelos was the natural choice to take over. 

3 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I would take the arm band off him now and I was against it previously. These kinds of games you need a captain to drag the team over the line, Tav just carries on floating the same shite crosses into the box. He'll lead us to fuck all, he simply doesn't have the winners mentality.

A serial loser. 

Pretty shit patter mate.

Barisic can take penalties but he wasn’t there asking to take it.  Morelos wanted it and so Tavernier gave him the ball.  Getting his first Old Firm goal would’ve been a huge monkey off his back.

It’s also worth pointing out that celtic started with a £16m player on the LW and he was subbed because he couldn’t get past Tavernier.  Tavernier performed his defensive duties well and was a real force going forward.  He was one of the best players on that park today. 

3 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Maybe Sutton is right, we have tav, they have brown.

They didn't win because of Brown. They win often and it's not because of him but he always gets extra credit regardless. Obviously there are times when he bails them out but today he was posted missing.

We score the pen, we probably go on and win and Tav is suddenly brilliant. Lose and it's Tav bashing time.

Nothing really matters now anyway. Gutted.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Barisic can take penalties but he wasn’t there asking to take it.  Morelos wanted it and so Tavernier gave him the ball.  Getting his first Old Firm goal would’ve been a huge monkey off his back.

It’s also worth pointing out that celtic started with a £16m player on the LW and he was subbed because he couldn’t get past Tavernier.  Tavernier performed his defensive duties well and was a real force going forward.  He was one of the best players on that park today. 

Far too sensible for this forum , especially praising Tav . 

33 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Get him to fuck ASAP

none of this appeasing pish

biggest game since 2011 and he shirks responsibility on the biggest stage and hands the ball to someone who’s hit one penalty at Rangers and couldn’t have had more pressure on him

Hes a fucking loser

Unforgivable

Actually frightening this , yous were all screaming to get him off the penalties 

Whilst it’s easy to say in hindsight, Morelos and penalties never made me feel too confident. He’s quite a rash finisher, more instinctive than you’d think, but almost awkward at the same time when finishing with time to think.

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

The managers just said Alfie was nominated penalty taker, close this Riddy off a thread down 

He’s always going to say that 

He’s no going to come out and say ‘I thought Tav was going to take it then passed it onto Morelos’ 

Archived