Tavernier

Essandoh

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Actually frightening this , yous were all screaming to get him off the penalties 

Exactly.  They wanted Tavernier off the penalties and Morelos was to take them to get his numbers up and increase his value.  No Tavernier is being criticised for not taking them.  The guy can’t win.

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You know you are too drunk when you agree with Rangers hater sutton. Brown was invisible today and gave away a clear penalty which wasn't awarded. 

It's not just about footballing ability

Just now, Marky. said:

Whilst it’s easy to say in hindsight, Morelos and penalties never made me feel too confident. He’s quite a rash finisher, more instinctive than you’d think, but almost awkward at the same time when finishing with time to think.

I get what you mean to an extent. However, one thing about Morelos he does hit the ball clean when it's not moving and more often than not he hits the target.

I find it surprising so many are against Morelos taking penalties though. You'd think we were getting McGregor to take it.

10 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I would take the arm band off him now and I was against it previously. These kinds of games you need a captain to drag the team over the line, Tav just carries on floating the same shite crosses into the box. He'll lead us to fuck all, he simply doesn't have the winners mentality.

A serial loser. 

Tell me what he was supposed to do today to "drag the team over the line". What would Gough or Butcher have done that would have won that game tonight?

And regarding his "same shite crosses" his deliveries were mostly excellent tonight.

He had a £16m winger in his pocket and Hayes also.

It's unreal man, giys like Aribo, Barker done fuck all and people are out blaming one of our best performers.

Team captain, taker of free kicks AND penalties.

Our chance to get back on terms and he passed it off to the worst person he could have chosen.

Bottle merchant! I dont give a fuck if he wasn't confident, Morelos wouldn't have been either(10 games no goals),  the penalty taker takes the kicks.

Why did he not pass up on one of the free kicks? Less expectation! Therefore less chance of being blamed.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I get what you mean to an extent. However, one thing about Morelos he does hit the ball clean when it's not moving and more often than not he hits the target.

I find it surprising so many are against Morelos taking penalties though. You'd think we were getting McGregor to take it.

I wasn’t against it by any means, guy behind me said the same as I’m saying, which again is so much easier in hindsight. Would love if he proved me wrong and dispatched it with composure, but he just seemed to run at it rash. Was Tough to watch. 

40 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ok? That's better than being the captain and passing it off to someone else. What kind of message does that send to everyone in the country?

Guy canny win , embarrassment of a support at times 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Everybody gutted on here tav didn’t take it and miss so blame him for not taking it , embarrassing 

He's an embarrassment as a captain. Shite the bed bastard,he's well suited to this club these days.

Just now, Marky. said:

I wasn’t against it by any means, guy behind me said the same as I’m saying, which again is so much easier in hindsight. Would love if he proved me wrong and dispatched it with composure, but he just seemed to run at it rash. Was Tough to watch. 

No, wasn't aimed at you mate. I don't have an issue with anyone being nervous and apprehensive about the pen. Regardless of who took it we would have been shitting it. However when it's awarded then when they get a player sent off, i'm thinking score this and we win easily. 

It just wasn't to be. Fucking brutal.

I'd have rather Tab took the responsibility and missed. 

Couldn't be called a bottle merchant then, if Morelos was on for a hattrick then I wouldn't have blamed him for passing off the opportunity then.

Tab is captain his choice is his responsibility therefore regardless of who missed he is still to blame.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

No, wasn't aimed at you mate. I don't have an issue with anyone being nervous and apprehensive about the pen. Regardless of who took it we would have been shitting it. However when it's awarded then when they get a player sent off, i'm thinking score this and we win easily. 

It just wasn't to be. Fucking brutal.

We score that, the game is so very much in our hands. It made more a negative difference as we were better against 11, and them better with 10.

Just now, Cedrick said:

What caused he did what you’s all want him to do and come off the penalties 

He's a shitebag. Dress it up how you like,our captain shat out of a penalty in a final gainst the fenians when we were 1-0 down. Embarrassing stuff.

Archived