If we play that well for the rest of the season - we win the league

TopCat

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Teams not got the mentality to go to parkheed hopefully only 2 behind and come away top, absolutely no chance 

You only think that because we haven't gotten over the line. They are carrying their luck right now. An off-side goal, and injury time winner at home against the worst team in the league. I refuse to believe they are any better than us especially after today. Even though we lost today, the players should go there on the 29th with belief.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

You only think that because we haven't gotten over the line. They are carrying their luck right now. An off-side goal, and injury time winner at home against the worst team in the league. I refuse to believe they are any better than us especially after today. Even though we lost today, the players should go there on the 29th with belief.

They had their main striker out today along with melted face at fullback, they will be much stronger come end of the month

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They had their main striker out today along with melted face at fullback, they will be much stronger come end of the month

Tend to agree with this. You could argue this papered over the cracks for them, and I hope that's the case, but they'll be much improved regardless.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We give them far too much credit but then again I rarely see you post anything positive.

Just now, bluenoz said:

We give them far too much credit but then again I rarely see you post anything positive.

You expect positive after we lost again to them, in a cup final, their tenth trophy in a row

Hearts away, sheep away, tarriers home, and today, 4 massive games this season where our mentality was questioned, and 4 times they have failed to give us an answer

No one is giving them credit, i think they are honking ability wise, but they have a mentality of winners, we dont and its heartbreaking

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You expect positive after we lost again to them, in a cup final, their tenth trophy in a row

Hearts away, sheep away, tarriers home, and today, 4 massive games this season where our mentality was questioned, and 4 times they have failed to give us an answer

No one is giving them credit, i think they are honking ability wise, but they have a mentality of winners, we dont and its heartbreaking

Did it ever occur to you that maybe today we were just a little bit unlucky or is that outside your realm of thinking? An off-side goal, a missed penalty and years of them winning as we rebuild doesn't make them a 'mentality of winners' in my eyes. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Did it ever occur to you that maybe today we were just a little bit unlucky or is that outside your realm of thinking? An off-side goal, a missed penalty and years of them winning as we rebuild doesn't make them a 'mentality of winners' in my eyes. 

Of course it does, that's the worst they have played against us since ally was here, yet they still not only carved out a win, but played half an hour with a man down, in that half an hour we were worse than the hour before that 

Winning mentality is getting results when things arent going your way, whats that old saying, you make your own luck in football, given how we played until the sending off, the last half hour was fucking soul destroying 

55 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Well my only positive I can take is that 08-09 season the tims pulled clear of us and beat us 2-0 in the league cup final.

we managed to win the league on the last day to stop them at 3in a row.

be nice if we could stop them again.

And the week after we drew 2-2 to Hearts after being 2-0 up. Quite a coincidence! Not that I'm saying it's any kind of fate or that😂

celtic got out of jail against Hamilton and again today...their luck will run out sooner or later. We've just got to focus on winning our games and if we play like we did today we'll beat them at their place. Today hurts that bit more cause we all know we deserved to win and they were there for the taking...still lots to play for this season. 

4 hours ago, KingKaiJohansen said:

WE NEVER FUCKING SCORED !!! 

How can we win a league without scoring ? We can't win anything playing like we did today. 

This.

too many people want to believe that was good enough today, we outplayed YB on their own ground and lost, we outplayed Aberdeen over the course of the game agreed mainly the 1st half but still dominated the match and drew

it’s becoming a theme this team don’t have the ingredients to be champions, kills me saying it but keeps me sane at the same time

i expect us to at least! run them close to everything but would I fuck stake 1p on us beating them to a cup or title this year after seeing the first 2 games against them 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Of course it does, that's the worst they have played against us since ally was here, yet they still not only carved out a win

You’re not giving Rangers any credit for playing well.  We dominated the game therefore celtic played badly?  It’s a strange way to look at things.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

You’re not giving Rangers any credit for playing well.  We dominated the game therefore celtic played badly?  It’s a strange way to look at things.

As above, we went at them right from the off which true to form rattles them and disrupts their style of play, they were bad because our game plan and application stopped them from playing well👍

Emotions running high bears and no fucking wonder 

IMO....I can’t say we will win league but not a chance we will go toe to toe with them or anyone else, play like that and leave with fuck all.  

We are a far better team. We’ve lost a cup tie today, I reckon worst thing we can do is knee jerk react to that .

Stings, no doubt but play that game 10 times over we win....and win

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So you are cherry picking games where we dropped points to question our mentality? I guess the games we didn’t drop points in weren’t deemed important enough?

Our best league start in how long?

This season has gone fine apart from the last two games, and frankly the Aberdeen match was the most concerning. 
I hope we get a result against YB, otherwise you’ll probably want Gerrard sacked.

No we won’t they’re well ahead on mentality they get all the breaks and their keeper is a big fanny who puts in displays like today when it matters, not a one off or game of his life as been said he does this regularly In big games for them fuck knows how we change this. 

1 minute ago, markem said:

Emotions running high bears and no fucking wonder 

IMO....I can’t say we will win league but not a chance we will go toe to toe with them or anyone else, play like that and leave with fuck all.  

We are a far better team. We’ve lost a cup tie today, I reckon worst thing we can do is knee jerk react to that .

Stings, no doubt but play that game 10 times over we win....and win

Exactly mate. Too many fans buying into this fenian agenda driven shite of mentality and serial losers. Serial losers been quoted by several on here which reared its ugly head out of the mouth of that cunt Sutton.

Truth is they have had a better side to us up until now as we have been continually trying to rebuild and improve on a squad on a smaller budget and wages. These are the facts imo. They're due a pumping from us and it's coming, hopefully in their shithole end of the month.

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

So you are cherry picking games where we dropped points to question our mentality? I guess the games we didn’t drop points in weren’t deemed important enough?

Our best league start in how long?

This season has gone fine apart from the last two games, and frankly the Aberdeen match was the most concerning. 
I hope we get a result against YB, otherwise you’ll probably want Gerrard sacked.

It's too easy to pick out the faults to criticise at times.....everyone is gutted at todays result but by fuck we played superb but didn't carry one iota of luck on the day....strange that a team with no bottle can create 30 chances in a game, the fact we didn't score was down to bad luck, some good goalkeeping and a mixture of erratic headers etc etc....give me that level of performance from now to the end of the season and I'm convinced we will be celebrating come may 

3 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Exactly mate. Too many fans buying into this fenian agenda driven shite of mentality and serial losers. Serial losers been quoted by several on here which reared its ugly head out of the mouth of that cunt Sutton.

Truth is they have had a better side to us up until now as we have been continually trying to rebuild and improve on a squad on a smaller budget and wages. These are the facts imo. They're due a pumping from us and it's coming, hopefully in their shithole end of the month.

It is mentality we had it in the nineties it didn’t matter how good a team they had or how well they played we always found a way, hide from it if you want mate and talk shite about fenian driven agenda its  the fucking truth. They have a winning mentality we don’t. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It is mentality we had it in the nineties it didn’t matter how good a team they had or how well they played we always found a way, hide from it if you want mate and talk shite about fenian driven agenda its  the fucking truth. They have a winning mentality we don’t. 

Have to agree to disagree. There win today was nothing to do with mentality. They were lucky. There luck is running out. We're getting very close to them. They have had a better quality of player to us and the rest of the league over the last few years hence they have been winning all before them.  Take them out of the scottish league scene and they've been a shambles for the most part in Europe. Winning mentality my arse. They've had fuck all competiton till now but thats changing.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Yeah thats how it goes, one team plays good the other bad, except this time the bad team won because the good team don't have what it takes to win when required

Archived