Captain Jack

Irn Blu

We've lost too many big games now after playing well which says to me there is an issue on the pitch.  Even though we dominated today, when Alfie missed that penalty, heads again seemed to go down albeit a man to the good and we just didnt have the same dominance we had before.

We need a leader on the pitch who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and boot the players up the arse and I just dont see that from Tav.  I actually think he would perform better himself having that responsibility lifted from him.

We need someone who bleeds Rangers and can drive the team from the midfield.

A big decision for the gaffer to make, as I know he rates the work Tav does in and around the squad outwith matchday, but for me Jack is the only man on the pitch who can lead the team.

Its a mentality thing that has gone on for too long and needs to be rectified. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would Jack being captain have made Morelos score the pen or the 10 other chances he missed? 

Or made Kent perform? Or Goldson score those headers? 

Jack being captain would have made the official raise his flag? 

Im not debating that, what im saying is theres too many times ie 2-0 up at the sheep and team just go to shit and I dont feel like Tav is the right captain to motivate the team.

Its happened all too often now.

Yes, Morelos missed too many chances.

Yes, Kent was pretty anonymous today.

Yes, Goldson has a 50p heed.

But.....when Morelos missed the pen and we had an extra man the heads seemed to go down and we were worse, we need a captain to lift the team and drive them

For me the captain has always got to come from either the central defence of central midfield, that way you get close to the players around you.  It was the same when Wallace was captain if you are in the wide areas it's difficult to get you message across to the other side of the park.

7 minutes ago, Irn Blu said:

Im not debating that, what im saying is theres too many times ie 2-0 up at the sheep and team just go to shit and I dont feel like Tav is the right captain to motivate the team.

Its happened all to often now.

Yes, Morelos missed too many chances.

Yes, Kent was pretty anonymous today.

Yes, Goldson has a 50p heed.

But.....when Morelos missed the pen and we had an extra man the heads seemed to go down and we were worse, we need a captain to lift the team and drive them

I love Jack, but he was as bad as anyone against the sheep.

A leader doesn’t need the arm band. If he does he shouldn’t be captain. 

13 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Oh I see, he needs the armband to activate his captain super powers aye.

Like popeye and spinach or something.

So everyone just listens and agrees to do whatever anyone in the team says ahead of the captain?

Where would that leave the team with Jack telling players to do something over Tav? 

Not saying hes not got a voice at the moment, but think he should be cemented as captain to lead from the middle of the park

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would Jack being captain have made Morelos score the pen or the 10 other chances he missed? 

Or made Kent perform? Or Goldson score those headers? 

Jack being captain would have made the official raise his flag? 

The role of captain is vastly overrated IMO. It wouldn't have changed the result. Jack plays like a captain anyway. All players should play like a captain. A captain is basically a big game player. If Jack was ever captain and we didn't win he'd probably get the same stick as Tav. The key to being successful is your best players playing well when it matters. In fairness I think most did. We just missed too many chances and their keeper was ridiculous.

Rangers as a team needs a change of direction if we’re going to win the league, Jack captain would be a good start to that. The amount the team have to rely on Tav also needs to change. He doesn’t have the ability to be the main attacking threat, his crosses, corner kicks,free kicks aren’t working.
Jack captain and let him dictate the run of play centrally instead of this reliance on a lucky punt into the box from the right hand side.

On 08/12/2019 at 20:31, Howsitgoing said:

Rangers as a team needs a change of direction if we’re going to win the league, Jack captain would be a good start to that. The amount the team have to rely on Tav also needs to change. He doesn’t have the ability to be the main attacking threat, his crosses, corner kicks,free kicks aren’t working.
Jack captain and let him dictate the run of play centrally instead of this reliance on a lucky punt into the box from the right hand side.

As great as morelos is at scoring in the air, it's all or nothing with him. That game on Sunday could've done with a tall powerful striker coming off the bench rather than defoe. And folk can say we aren't setup for that, but on a pishing down hampden sodden pitch final when you're chasing a goal it became punts into the box. 

On 08/12/2019 at 17:31, Creampuff said:

The challenge where he almost blew his knee was absolutely incredible.

Looked like quite a big gash, was off for a minute and straight back on. 

Tav is not at fault for the defeat, he has had a couple of slip ups but defensively sound and always gives us options going forward. 

Ryan Jack will be Captain one day but not mid season and not as reaction to Sundays defeat where I thought Tav was immense. 

Archived