Barišić Tonight

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DBBTB said:

Own goal aside, which was unfortunate, I thought he was outstanding tonight and he’s been one of our best performers in the group stages.

If he continues performing like he has been this season then it won’t be long before teams come sniffing about him.

Spot on. I had him as one of the best players on the pitch. Any you know what? Apart from the 3 on 1 at the end the other full-back was pretty good as well tonight.

He's now got that steely composure that he showed against us, but appeared to lose until Gerrard took him by the scruff of the neck and man managed his confidence back.  

Tonight he was totally focused, his timing with  tackles and interceptions tonight was superb, he worked all the time up and down the pitch, I think he can still improve, and could go on to be a terrific player at international level too, and can see an  Italian or  even EPL team  coming in for him if he continues to improve. 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Barisic and Tavernier were both very good again tonight.  They both defended really well.  We're lucky to have two attacking full-backs of this quality.  

Agreed apart from Tavs pass right at the end. 3 on 1 and couldn't find Ojo or Buffalo was criminal 

Thought he looked unfit on Sunday, but still played good. 

The difference in him from last season has been completely night and day. 

Said it before that we need to give players a bit of time to let them adjust to the cesspit that is Scottish football, even Aribo is another that is starting to shine. 

Archived