********** Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread ***********

Bears r us

Sunday 1200 KO Sky Sports.

I assume Davis and Helander are still out.

They are 3rd in the league on 31 points. 

Three points required Rangers get it done. 

Never done a match tread so apologies for the poor attempt, but Blue Thunder pointed out there was no thread.   :thumbup:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Chance to go top of the league, we've fucked these up before. Expecting a tough, physical game but think we'll have enough about us especially with Katic back.

For a couple of hours. People get too drawn in on shit like that.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

For a couple of hours. People get too drawn in on shit like that.

Winning by a few goals puts pressure on celtic.  They go in to their match knowing anything but a win puts us top of the league.  

Them winning isn’t a formality.  Hibs got a draw against celtic earlier in the season and they’ve just pumped Aberdeen 3-0.  

Expecting this to be ugly but it’s must win

We need to show we can win the toughest away games, all well and good scudding Ross County, Hamilton and co but so far we’ve dropped points in our 2 toughest away games and that can’t continue 

@BlueThunder is a grass. 

Decent attempt though @Bears r us, 8 out of 10, with obvious potential to achieve a higher mark next time. 

The use of the traditional stars on either side of the title staunchly carries on the traditional values of older match threads.  Maybe a few more than usual stars, but I'll put that down as over exuberance on your first attempt. 

And just be careful not to tread on the match thread next time. 

Motherwell you say ?     I'll go with a 3-1 win. (Scorers: Morelos 2, Tavernier 1)

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

@BlueThunder is a grass. 

Decent attempt though @Bears r us, 8 out of 10, with obvious potential to achieve a higher mark next time. 

The use of the traditional stars on either side of the title staunchly carries on the traditional values of older match threads.  Maybe a few more than usual stars, but I'll put that down as over exuberance on your first attempt. 

And just be careful not to tread on the match thread next time. 

Motherwell you say ?     I'll go with a 3-1 win. (Scorers: Morelos 2, Tavernier 1)

:lol: I think he was saying it with the best of intentions. 

All good advice mate, and if I ever start another one I will have a look back at your post to remember what could improve it. :thumbsup:

Tough game but I'm confident that Alfredo will be in the mood and Kent will come back to form. 3-1 Rangers. I'd probably play Aribo in midfield and Arfield up top with Kent and Buff. Stewart or Jones off the bench to open things up as the game wears on. 

I'm worried about the tired legs in midfield. Jack, Kamara & Arfield had nothing left at the end on Thursday but what little choice do we have? He seems to have zero confidence in bringing in King or Docherty for a breather. I like Aribo further forward. I would not change that. Stewart is an excellent sub option (not used enough) but I wouldn't start him.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

No but if it does people will think it's a bigger deal than it is. It's a must win match regardless of kick off time.

It's more pressure on the team kicking off later. How much of a pressure everyone will have an opinion, but it is more pressure and one we need to use to our benefit tomorrow.

Archived