Kent

Escobar

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, hammer93 said:

I agree he is having a dip in form but fuck me.....even when we win people in here cannot wait to punch holes out the team or individual performances 

It's bizzare as fuck. Every result is scrutinised to fuck, even against Hearts people moaned and we'd fucked them 5 0.

22 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I agree he is having a dip in form but fuck me.....even when we win people in here cannot wait to punch holes out the team or individual performances 

Is it ok to praise players when we dont win?

Just because we win doesnt mean its not reasonable to dissect the game and who has done well or otherwise. It's a discussion forum after all.

Not criticising (if due) even if we win is the most bizarre thing ever. If our manager was to follow the same philosophy he'd be out of a job by now.

52 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's bizzare as fuck. Every result is scrutinised to fuck, even against Hearts people moaned and we'd fucked them 5 0.

Its mental bud....I swear if we win the league this year people will still harp back to the 1st old firm game and insist we should have won the league more comfortably 😂😂😂

48 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is it ok to praise players when we dont win?

Just because we win doesnt mean its not reasonable to dissect the game and who has done well or otherwise. It's a discussion forum after all.

Not criticising (if due) even if we win is the most bizarre thing ever. If our manager was to follow the same philosophy he'd be out of a job by now.

The problem is people WANT to criticise as it's in their dna,  today was supposedly a potential banana skin which we came through relatively unscathed....when people start breaking individual performances after a victory it starts to become a bit pedantic 

He will prove to be worth every penny spent, good player who can go inside/outside with quick feet and can assist and score, the late great Davie Cooper was the most inconsistent player ever sometimes  genius sometimes passenger.

Give the guy a break ffs.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

The problem is people WANT to criticise as it's in their dna,  today was supposedly a potential banana skin which we came through relatively unscathed....when people start breaking individual performances after a victory it starts to become a bit pedantic 

If it was a one off with Kent I'd agree but we spent £7million on him and let's be honest he's been our worst player in a massive 11 days for the club.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Maybe people WANT to discuss both good and bad from a game. We won today. Is there nothing negative to discuss? 

Is it pedantic to discuss any player's performance after a win. So let's say I looked at comments on Ojo after a win i wouldnt any criticism from those saying such criticism is wrong?  Or is such criticism wrong/ acceptable actually dependent on the player ? 🤔

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe people WANT to discuss both good and bad from a game. We won today. Is there nothing negative to discuss? 

Is it pedantic to discuss any player's performance after a win. So let's say I looked at comments on Ojo after a win i wouldnt any criticism from those saying such criticism is wrong?  Or is such criticism wrong/ acceptable actually dependent on the player ? 🤔

We beat hibs 6-1 and Ojo by his standards had a decent game, someone started a thread slaughtering him....the point is people will always choose to pick up on the negatives rather than look at the positives...that is certain posters way of life and it won't change, we have came through 4 tough games which have yielded a mixed bag of results where we probably deserved more, I'm not saying anyone is beyond criticism I just look for the positives after a win

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We beat hibs 6-1 and Ojo by his standards had a decent game, someone started a thread slaughtering him....the point is people will always choose to pick up on the negatives rather than look at the positives...that is certain posters way of life and it won't change, we have came through 4 tough games which have yielded a mixed bag of results where we probably deserved more, I'm not saying anyone is beyond criticism I just look for the positives after a win

Great. There tends to be 5 of these for any "negative" ones after a win.

But Kent has arguably been poor for 4 game now. Fuck criticising him because we won today eh even though our last 4 results are DLD W

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Great. There tends to be 5 of these for any "negative" ones after a win.

But Kent has arguably been poor for 4 game now. Fuck criticising him because we won today eh even though our last 4 results are DLD W

I'm not saying he hasn't been playing poorly but their was a thread started on Thursday having a go and another today....you can get your point across in the match thread if you believe he played poor, starting negative threads after a victory isn't for me but clearly is for others.....fuck knows how Davie Cooper would have been perceived in here....he would be an absolute dud more often than not when he wasn't involved in games 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I'm not saying he hasn't been playing poorly but their was a thread started on Thursday having a go and another today....you can get your point across in the match thread if you believe he played poor, starting negative threads after a victory isn't for me but clearly is for others.....fuck knows how Davie Cooper would have been perceived in here....he would be an absolute dud more often than not when he wasn't involved in games 

He's  been shite in 2 games. Does it matter if its 2 separate threads or on continuous one?

The match thread imo is for match discussions. After that we discuss aspects of the match in more detail in specific threads.

Davie cooper would rightly have been slated in multiple threads for being a useless lazy bastard.  Whilst also rightly in others described as a world class, genius, footballing wizard that we were privileged to have as one of our own.

People haven critiqued games, both positively and negatively for years. The only difference is that before forums and social media people could only do it in places like pubs and on radio phone ins and that didn’t leave the same electronic footprint that people can easily track down again like it does if you say something negative on a forum or twitter now.

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

We beat hibs 6-1 and Ojo by his standards had a decent game, someone started a thread slaughtering him....the point is people will always choose to pick up on the negatives rather than look at the positives...that is certain posters way of life and it won't change, we have came through 4 tough games which have yielded a mixed bag of results where we probably deserved more, I'm not saying anyone is beyond criticism I just look for the positives after a win

The best time to critique or look at negatives though is after a win. People have a more level head and can discuss it better.

If we get beat people are angry and lose any sense of reality. Everyone and anyone is shite and any debate becomes a shambles.

Have said this a number of times since he has been at the club (on loan and perm) he has always been very inconsistent and he had a run of games last season 5-6 where he was very good including against celtic and everyone lost their minds.

There's no doubt he has all the ability in the world and can be a top player but right now he is in a very poor vein of form and looks like he has no confidence, I wonder if the lack of pre-season and then picking up that injury has set him back a little.

I seen that Gary McAllister said the other day he is trying to hard and I think even watching him play, you can see he is the type to get frustrated and want to do more. Will be a terrific player for us, just needs to see out this rough patch.

16 minutes ago, MasterD said:

The best time to critique or look at negatives though is after a win. People have a more level head and can discuss it better.

If we get beat people are angry and lose any sense of reality. Everyone and anyone is shite and any debate becomes a shambles.

I take that on board also bud, like I said nobody is above criticism, I just feel starting a thread on players everytime they have a dip in form or bad game is over the top just as people starting threads for a player who has a good game.....I said it before JJ got injured we would have about 20 threads on him good & bad😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was outstanding today. Never stopped running, did a lot of defensive work and scored a cracker of a goal.

My man of the match just ahead of Barasic. 

Wouldn’t say MOM but did have a good game, think his workload is often over looked. Deserves place in current squad.

Archived