Middleton in January

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/12/2019 at 00:43, Cedrick said:

He’s went the way I expected , these type of players never improve no matter the age , nothing else in his locker other than pace , easily stoped by the defender , we’ve seen it with wylde and o halloran , no trick can’t beat a man , never 40/50 yards of space to run in behind with us coz the opposition is so deep , everything has to go to feet so their fucked 

I thought exactly the same and said as much even when others were raving about him at times last season. Looked shit scared at first team level and I thought at times he moved into positions on the pitch that might as well have said 'don't give the ball to me'. Absolutely shat it for example against Logan and Foster to name two players he should have held no fear taking on.

However, after then watching him against his own age group he's a class above almost anything we or the scum have on our respective books. Much more to his game than just pace at that level. He's shown some of them at first team level for us at times, good finishing being one, but at youth level he took players on, showed great strength and close control, good shooting from distance etc.

The problem's not just limited to Middleton as bar maybe Kelly not many of the younger players out on loan have done that well. But at what, 19?, I wouldn't be giving up on him yet.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf it took a while for davis to get up to speed and defoe is a one in a million type loan, usually when epl clubs loan players in jan its guys who are miles away from match fitness

He said a player signed in January won’t add any quality to our squad,  I’m waiting on anyone saying Defoe or Davis haven’t added quality to our squad. Both have. 

On 24/12/2019 at 19:26, OhW said:

What do you think was his best game playing right wing? 

Yes smart arse he has played mostly for us on the left but he is a natural right footer as  is seen the number of times when running down the left he had to cut back inside to get the ball on his preferred right foot. That is why I said as Kent will be the better option on the left he could play on the right.

11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I thought exactly the same and said as much even when others were raving about him at times last season. Looked shit scared at first team level and I thought at times he moved into positions on the pitch that might as well have said 'don't give the ball to me'. Absolutely shat it for example against Logan and Foster to name two players he should have held no fear taking on.

However, after then watching him against his own age group he's a class above almost anything we or the scum have on our respective books. Much more to his game than just pace at that level. He's shown some of them at first team level for us at times, good finishing being one, but at youth level he took players on, showed great strength and close control, good shooting from distance etc.

The problem's not just limited to Middleton as bar maybe Kelly not many of the younger players out on loan have done that well. But at what, 19?, I wouldn't be giving up on him yet.

Hopefully he makes the step up mate 👍🏻

7 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Yes smart arse he has played mostly for us on the left but he is a natural right footer as  is seen the number of times when running down the left he had to cut back inside to get the ball on his preferred right foot. That is why I said as Kent will be the better option on the left he could play on the right.

He’s left-footed you spazzy. 

2 minutes ago, LoyalRanger86 said:

I don't think him or McCrorie should have been sent out on loan this season 

Both should be sold, along with the guy we bought from Hamilton and sent out on loan, at remember his name right now.

Archived