Let this sink in for a minute....

LegendofCoop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said at the start of the month we would be at least 5 points behind. Genuinely didn't see us picking up as many points as we have this month. We have been fucking outstanding this month,that was a massive result yesterday and one I believe will push us over the line.

We are back.

This month could have made or broke our season.  Their has been lows like the cup. 

But coming through the league schedule for December with 5 wins and 1 draw is outstanding work. 

Yesterday I think is the game changer, a huge statement result we needed. 

55 is there to be won once we come back from the break. Especially with a set of fixtures that gives us 8 home games before the split. 

VAR does more good than bad. And by a long long way. It is the future and although it is not perfect it is a breath of fresh air for big fixtures like a semi final in europe which brings a lot of glory and money.

the amount of teams unfairly robbed of glory and riches due to a dodgy ref that can be prevented now is/was incredible.

although i am skeptical where all these VAR experts who work the technology come from..

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

This month could have made or broke our season.  Their has been lows like the cup. 

But coming through the league schedule for December with 5 wins and 1 draw is outstanding work. 

Yesterday I think is the game changer, a huge statement result we needed. 

55 is there to be won once we come back from the break. Especially with a set of fixtures that gives us 8 home games before the split. 

Some good points made there. I think we need to celebrate the win but all calm down a bit tbh. Folk were for saying the league was done if we lost yesterday despite it still being in our own hands. Now, I hear we're favourites and we're gonna do 55 as the scum are shite (speaking generally, not directly in relation to your post).

Theres an awful lot of football to go and I'd prefer our situation to theirs with a game in hand (-2 points) and more home games scheduled. But last year showed they strengthened well in January and hit form, we stuttered and failed.

The nature of RM is one of extremes. For instance Tav, Goldson etc copped it as utter shite this month, now they're excellent again.  League is lost now its ours to lose. Zeroes to heroes.

We've strengthened our position, we've dented theirs and their air of invincibility especially at home. But we've still not won a thing.

Come Jan, it's very much a game at a time for me again. Keep winning the next game and the rest of it will take care of itself.

18 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

4 years ago, our December went like this:-

Rangers 4 - 0 Dumbarton 

Morton 2 - 2 Rangers

Falkirk 2 - 1 Rangers

Rangers 4 - 2 Hibs

This season, our December went like this:- 

Rangers 5 - 0 Hearts

Aberdeen 2 - 2 Rangers

Them 1 - 0 Rangers

Rangers 1- 1 Young Boys

Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers

Hibs 0 - 3 Rangers

Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

Them 1 - 2 Rangers

In 4 years we've gone from just challenging for top spot in the Championship with Hearts and Hibs, to 2 points off top spot in the SPL, with a game in hand, having just won a league game at the piggery for the first time in 10 years (or so). We're in the last 32 of the UEFA cup after playing 4 qualifying rounds. We've beaten top sides such as Porto and Feyenord. 

What a turnaround!

:UK: :UK: :UK: 

Far to many times in recent years has our day started with that sinking feeling as yesterday comes flooding back - bloody hell that was superb this morning 

I was at kilmarnock 2 years ago at this time of year when 2 Kris Boyd goals beat us, it was one of the iowest points I can remember, we were truly awful and murty was in charge, how far we have come is mental, but as a post earlier pointed out we have won nothing as yet, we've given ourselves a chance but really need to learn from last year and make sure we don't make the same mistakes after the break, also taking into account the corrupt officialdom we will inevitably face we will really need to be at our best, personally I can't fuckin wait, everything to play for. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some good points made there. I think we need to celebrate the win but all calm down a bit tbh. Folk were for saying the league was done if we lost yesterday despite it still being in our own hands. Now, I hear we're favourites and we're gonna do 55 as the scum are shite (speaking generally, not directly in relation to your post).

Theres an awful lot of football to go and I'd prefer our situation to theirs with a game in hand (-2 points) and more home games scheduled. But last year showed they strengthened well in January and hit form, we stuttered and failed.

The nature of RM is one of extremes. For instance Tav, Goldson etc copped it as utter shite this month, now they're excellent again.  League is lost now its ours to lose. Zeroes to heroes.

We've strengthened our position, we've dented theirs and their air of invincibility especially at home. But we've still not won a thing.

Come Jan, it's very much a game at a time for me again. Keep winning the next game and the rest of it will take care of itself.

Get where your coming from mate and I must admit it is hard not to get carried away after yesterday. 

I agree it will be one game at a time moving forward.  It's vital we hit the ground running after the break. From the interviews the manager has done I'm positive he's learned that lesson. 

I'm also thinking we'll maybe see 1 or 2 reinforcements come in, as we move on dead wood. 

19 hours ago, YearsofWar said:

Our rise has been incredible. The media won't ever acknowledge that. As soon as we arrived back into the shithole that is the SPFL they would talk relentlessly about the gap between the teams on a daily basis. Commons, Sutton, Walker, English and more would be staining themselves to hold back a wank as they talked about how much it would take for us to be able to compete with them. They said 15 years minimum. Chris Commons posted an article on 16th April 2016 titled "Rangers will need to invest £100m to catch up with celtic... they are so far behind their rivals it's incredible".

Currently we are only 3 and a half years into this 15 year £100m rebuild and we have spent approx. £32.61m (Inflated recently by Ryan Kent's transfer making up around 21.5% of that) with a net spend of approx. £26.42m. The paedophiles have spent approx. £44.01m in the same period of time, for what it's worth. Also, The bulk of our growth has come in only the last 1 and a half seasons since Gerrard joined us, and considering some of the absolute chompers he inherited when he arrived the transformation has been incredible. The question really should be asked to celtic... How have Rangers caught up to you so quickly while also spending a lot less?

The job isn't complete yet of course, but the fact that i haven't heard about the gap or what astronomical figures we need to invest for some time now, that signals to me that we have at least caught up to them. The job will be complete when we reach 55.

Great post mate 🙂

As the Kaiser said just over 100 years ago the spell has now been broken :pipe: ... the truth is we have been better than them for a while now but they have become so used to winning in our absence that this increasingly  misplaced confidence has been enough to get them through but yesterday has once and for all put an end to that :rangers:

I watched that Simon Ferry show last night ,can’t remember the name but it’s the weekly show he does with Derek Ferguson and that fud McAvennie ,show was a few days old so it was a build up show ,

Brilliant watching it after the result ,Ferguson getting ridiculed for tipping Rangers and that cunt McAvennie make a cunt of himself with his smugness about sellik not turning up last time and they would have too much for us at home blah blah fucking blah ,I don’t usually watch this as Derek tends to be even worse than his wee bro but il defo be tuning into the next one for the recap ,same as SSB and the Peter and Roughie show 

comedy gold expected 

19 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Let this sink in for a minute....

Backward country has VAR -- fenian cunts do not score over the two games. 

IN an open and fair society, VAR would work up here. BUT Scotland is far from an open and fair society when it comes to us. VAR works by having a team of ref's in charge telling the on field ref what the outcome should be. Who can you honestly say would be a fair minded ref to give us a fair crack of the whip? It would just one more level of dodgy refereeing.

On 29/12/2019 at 18:16, LegendofCoop said:

Holy shit, I should have gone back 1 year 😮 Suppose when you put them both together like that. it's even more astonishing! :tu: 

Well said mate, great post!

Out scoring them points wise is all we can ask mate! Europe is a bonus. I was worried it might put too much a strain on our players, but in all honesty, it's helping to keep them at a level and intensity that is badly needed if we're to keep up with the scum! 

An absolute Pine Marten???  :hmmm:

I was so delirious with joy... that is some faux pas ("an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation")!!! 

My grown up children have just seen this and are in absolute hysterics. 

Waa meant to be a stoat, as in, 'Post is a stoater!'

Son has just posted this tale on Facebook... :duh:

35 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

I was so delirious with joy... that is some faux pas ("an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation")!!! 

My grown up children have just seen this and are in absolute hysterics. 

Waa meant to be a stoat, as in, 'Post is a stoater!'

Son has just posted this tale on Facebook... :duh:

:lol: :lol: That's quality mate! I'll be honest and admit that I only checked for sure after I posted that. I'm never 100% sure!! You had the best reason for posting the wrong pic! 😉 :tu: 

On 29/12/2019 at 18:41, YearsofWar said:

Our rise has been incredible. The media won't ever acknowledge that. As soon as we arrived back into the shithole that is the SPFL they would talk relentlessly about the gap between the teams on a daily basis. Commons, Sutton, Walker, English and more would be staining themselves to hold back a wank as they talked about how much it would take for us to be able to compete with them. They said 15 years minimum. Chris Commons posted an article on 16th April 2016 titled "Rangers will need to invest £100m to catch up with celtic... they are so far behind their rivals it's incredible".

Currently we are only 3 and a half years into this 15 year £100m rebuild and we have spent approx. £32.61m (Inflated recently by Ryan Kent's transfer making up around 21.5% of that) with a net spend of approx. £26.42m. The paedophiles have spent approx. £44.01m in the same period of time, for what it's worth. Also, The bulk of our growth has come in only the last 1 and a half seasons since Gerrard joined us, and considering some of the absolute chompers he inherited when he arrived the transformation has been incredible. The question really should be asked to celtic... How have Rangers caught up to you so quickly while also spending a lot less?

The job isn't complete yet of course, but the fact that i haven't heard about the gap or what astronomical figures we need to invest for some time now, that signals to me that we have at least caught up to them. The job will be complete when we reach 55.

I never bought the utter bull shit they were spouting.

i remember back when celtic stopped 10 in a row. They said the same thing about us back then. 
it only took them 1 season to turn it around, having said that we don’t do ourselves any favours. As far as I’m concerned we’re  only one season away from winning a title at Rangers. 

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂😂😂

I quoted it, I'll leave it there for all to see 😁

You are a bad person.

Nonetheless forgiven. :thumbsup:

Continuing with my parole, wondered if this was a little known photograph, published in the Sporting Life.

Screenshot_20200105_132218.jpg

Archived