VAR

TamCoopz

On 29/12/2019 at 21:48, TamCoopz said:

2 examples of it being shite in recent days, disallowed wolves goal today and disallowed Norwich goal against spurs, 

It's not so much VAR that's the problem,more so the implementation of the offside rule,which has become an absolute fucking farce.

24 minutes ago, Sket said:

It's not so much VAR that's the problem,more so the implementation of the offside rule,which has become an absolute fucking farce.

The way it’s being enforced down in England though gives me absolute zero confidence it would work up here 😂

2 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

The way it’s being enforced down in England though gives me absolute zero confidence it would work up here 😂

They are changing the interpretation of the offside deliberations at the end of the season, if they get this right and cut down on the time taken to decide the outcome then it’s a positive tool to be valued. Given that, I still predict as soon as it starts impacting them, which on current form it most certainly will, there will still be all kinds of allegations of bias should it come a North of the border...

5 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

They are changing the interpretation of the offside deliberations at the end of the season, if they get this right and cut down on the time taken to decide the outcome then it’s a positive tool to be valued. Given that, I still predict as soon as it starts impacting them, which on current form it most certainly will, there will still be all kinds of allegations of bias should it come a North of the border...

Need to remember that the system will be operated by the same biased / inept tossers who would otherwise be on the pitch.

I’m sure they’ll find a way to make it work for them & against us....

26 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Be lying if I said that wasn’t a genuine worry...

You’d love to think it couldn’t happen & would straighten everything out - like you, I think it’s a concern.

I’ll go against the grain and say VAR is a good thing

its the rules that need tweaked, why not have two linesmen on each half, if both put their flag up it’s a foul/ offside / ball out etc if only one flag goes up they review it, if no flag goes up it doesn’t need to be reviewed.

on the offside rule it should be a clear gap between players if any part is level even if the hand is level with a foot say, it should be   Onside play on.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Trust it more than Scottish referees. 

To be fair though, I'd trust a random coin toss on debatable decisions more than Scottish referees. 

Would probably still be Scottish referees sitting in the wee room with the computers making the final decision so we’d still be fucked 

Archived