Alan McGregor - World Class?

TopCat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Absolutely not.

You must be considering Goldson pocketed Edouard instead of backing off him and letting him score, oh I forgot that's not happened :sarcasm:  

Fizzing. Christie scored a penalty into a empty net in your eyes. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

McGregor is very good but he isn’t a world class goalkeeper. If he was he wouldn’t have spent his career at clubs like Besiktas, Hull and Cardiff.

And Andy Robertson wouldn't have played for Queens Park.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not even remotely comparable.

One was a teenager finding his was in the game who quickly moved up the pyramid and the other left Scotland as a free agent in the peak of his career and that’s the three clubs he ended up before coming back to us.

His shot stopping is world class, but he isn’t a world class keeper.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This is the fifth thread.

Great, yes, world class no. Nobody in Scotland is anywhere near close to world class in all honesty.

Actually think you’ll be angry about him keeping us in the game at a vital time, strange wee cunt you are. 

McGregor is world class and its moments like the penalty save today that prove it. I was thinking as Christie lined up to take it that Shagger would have to pull off something special to keep it out and that is exactly what he did. A magnificent stop from a magnificent goalkeeper. 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Not even remotely comparable.

One was a teenager finding his was in the game who quickly moved up the pyramid and the other left Scotland as a free agent in the peak of his career and that’s the three clubs he ended up before coming back to us.

His shot stopping is world class, but he isn’t a world class keeper.

Completely disagree with your comparison. Allan has done it on the European stage  ( werder bremen super save ) and at international level........... he has shined at every level and with every club he has represented - including Rangers.

You under estimate him imo.

26 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Completely disagree with your comparison. Allan has done it on the European stage  ( werder bremen super save ) and at international level........... he has shined at every level and with every club he has represented - including Rangers.

You under estimate him imo.

Not at all. He’s a very good goalkeeper and what he’s done for us over his two spells has been incredible, he just isn’t a world class keeper IMO. His overall game isn’t strong enough to be considered in that class (poor distribution, not great at coming for crosses, maybe a bit on the small side height and presence wise for what the elite clubs generals want in a keeper)

I’ll ask you this, if he was truly world class then why didn’t a bigger club in one of the so called big five leagues ever come in for him?  Why was he playing for Hull in a constant relegation battle and then Cardiff in the Championship?

43 minutes ago, TopCat said:

He’s not as good as Tav. He’s fast, attacking and throws in the odd good ball, he’s caught out of position big time yet is lorded as a hero. Our full back is just as good defensively and is slated to fuck 😂

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Not at all. He’s a very good goalkeeper and what he’s done for us over his two spells has been incredible, he just isn’t a world class keeper IMO. His overall game isn’t good enough to be in that class (poor distribution, not great at coming for crosses, maybe a bit on the small side height and presence wise for what the elite clubs generals want in a keeper)

I’ll ask you this, if he was truly world class then why didn’t a bigger club in one of the so called big five leagues ever come in for him?  Why was he playing for Hull in a constant relegation battle and then Cardiff in the Championship?

To answer your question , I have no idea tbh but none of your points can shake me from my belief that he should have / could have played for any of Europes top sides. He's a top class Goalie in my book.Period.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree mate.

Archived