Rangers Statement : VAR

Clemdog

3 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I dislike VAR. How about just treating us the same as everyone else and stop the hate fest that began with our demotion by fans vote.?

The media have some responsibility aswell to stop the xenophobia and sensationalism against Morelos. One paper had him making a sinister gesture which was disingenuous and quite sinister in itself. 

By the time he got send off he'd been fouled last man, dragged back on the wing by a player on a yellow, grabbed by the balls by a player on a yellow and booked for next to nothing by quick draw Clancy who has some previous with Alfredo.

Genuinely I'd prefer competent fair officiating but if we can't get that then I'll take VAR

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBF it's a good statement.

Albeit I'm in two minds about VAR, it does highlight the double standards that exist and in particular against Alfie. 

He and others not from this backwater, must fucking wonder at wtf goes on up here in what is supposed to be a game of football. 

i don't like var but its a way of saying sort this fucking cheating out.  

an apology from Beaton after the aberdeen match for not awarding us a pen. tho we shouldve had that game sown up.  that wouldve been aberdeen, Hibs, motherwell and the tramps all wins. thats a tough run. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Who will be in the VAR booth though ? A bunch of taigs ?
I don’t believe in Scotland we can find anyone who is not bias.

But eventually they will oust themselves if they cheat on VAR. It is hard to argue with slow-motion video. They have to make the right decisions.

8 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Great statement, Professional, measured, nothing than anyone can complain about, but absolutely hits the spot as well. 

The backing for Alfredo over his treatment and the 'sign' is also excellent.

Well done, whomever wrote it. 

The backing of Alfredo is excellent for me too mate. Nip this gesture shite in the bud and strike back with his blatant mistreatment

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Give it a week before we're charged with bringing the game into disrepute. 

I think we've been very clever with the statement. We've highlighted the decisions which have went against us without saying anything that will get us in to trouble. The statement isn't about VAR at all in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think we've been very clever with the statement. We've highlighted the decisions which have went against us without saying anything that will get us in to trouble. The statement isn't about VAR at all in my opinion. 

It's very smart IMO. 

Archived