Rangers Statement : VAR

Clemdog

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see this statement :thumbup: just wish Robertson had not started with  “This is not a criticism of referees because they often have to perform under very difficult conditions and in a highly emotive environment", because it is not correct, they have no problem giving decisions to them and any other team as long as we are on the receiving end.

I watch a fair bit of English football and some of the decisions from the VAR panel are hellish and I could see it at times causing more problems depending who is making the decisions from VAR.

So delighted we have brought up the terrible decisions from yesterday, Aberdeen and the Cup Final and especially about Alfredo, but I am not sure VAR is the answer. 

:thinking:

Don’t even think the angle is VAR as we know only 2 of us can afford it in this country. 

It’s more a case of us putting good pressure on the authorities and the referees knowing we still won the game. 

Am glad we’re calling it out and not rolling over like they expect us to do. The more media get a hold of our thoughts and review these decisions the more pressure will be put on the officials to start making the correct calls, Rangers or no. 

17 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

The BBC are complete devious cunts by the way.

They're running the story with the sportscene video up top which is showing Steven Thompson for being laughed at for thinking Julian fouled Morelos.

They're basically trying to show us up for being petty.

No video about Morelos having his balls grabbed by Christie, no video of Aribo having his shirt pulled in the box the same way that cost us a penalty down the other end.

Honestly I hate the fucking bastards.

Don’t pay a licence 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Great to see this statement :thumbup: just wish Robertson had not started with  “This is not a criticism of referees because they often have to perform under very difficult conditions and in a highly emotive environment", because it is not correct, they have no problem giving decisions to them and any other team as long as we are on the receiving end.

I watch a fair bit of English football and some of the decisions from the VAR panel are hellish and I could see it at times causing more problems depending who is making the decisions from VAR.

So delighted we have brought up the terrible decisions from yesterday, Aberdeen and the Cup Final and especially about Alfredo, but I am not sure VAR is the answer. 

:thinking:

If he didn't say that then the statement would have been dismissed as petty from us. By us appearing more neutral and trying to take the referees side we have prevented any action being taken over the statement by the SFA and we take a more solid stance. This has been helped by us winning our last game under different circumstances - so it isn't seen as sour grapes.

Perfect timing, and great statement to send out there and call them cunts without them being able to see it or prove it.

9 minutes ago, Misteral said:

VAR is proving far too problematic down south so until it's use is improved I'm against it being introduced up here. I know it's asking a lot but just try and get better and fairer referees FFS. 

It’s being used for far too many things during the game. 
Simple was the ball over the line, was the goal onside/offside, like yesterday was it hand ball. 
Was it a penalty. 

For me VAR isn't the answer to how we as a club and Buff as an individual are currently being officiated but it is the lesser of two evils.

The press statement is perhaps using VAR as a vehicle to highlight the appalling inconsistency shown by referees for games involving Rangers.

Either way, the statement is  a beaut.

Everything about that statement excellent

The SFA knows this shithole can’t afford VAR so if we keep piling the pressure on they’ll have no choice but to treat us fairly so we keep quiet about it 

Also I’m glad the club have finally openly backed Alfredo and highlighted the disgusting treatment he’s received 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s being used for far too many things during the game. 
Simple was the ball over the line, was the goal onside/offside, like yesterday was it hand ball. 
Was it a penalty. 

Was thinking the same mate, only use it for real game changing incidents.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We are not holding back at all today. Delighted to see the board fully backing Alfie and the disgusting treatment he's been receiving.

Comments section is hilarious

”show us the evidence”

”They can’t there isn’t any”

”Aye but you call us Fenians”

Theres the proof on the clip

”cannae hear anything your a shower of lying H***” 

😂😂

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Comments section is hilarious

”show us the evidence”

”They can’t there isn’t any”

”Aye but you call us Fenians”

Theres the proof on the clip

”cannae hear anything your a shower of lying H***” 

😂😂

You can feel the pain today from them 😁

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Good timing, straight after a victory at the midden. 

The only time we can ever make statements like that is from a position of strength,otherwise it’s just dismissed as being a bad loser ,

It had to be done as things are getting ridiculous now ,only problem I have with it is it’s going to take the heat of the taigs after 2 inept displays against us 

But even then it’s a small price to pay 

Archived