Morelos Racism

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no doubt that the vast, vast majority of the media, pundits and fans weighing in to this debate and trying to deflect to Morelos absolutely hate and deplore racism in every form. 

It's simply that this incident is causing them a problem, because quite simply they hate Rangers more than they hate racism.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Bit in the Sun from massive Taig loving bastard Ewing Grahame 

Shrink plea for Morelos 

Why is this piece of vermin still being employed by these red tops 

Tom Lucas a shrink is saying Rangers need to do more to help Alfredo 🤔

Tom Lucas is known for being a Taig and constantly slagging Rangers on his Twitter account. Wonder why The Sun printed his fucking pish eh ?

4 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

IMG_20191231_124336.thumb.jpg.2aa6980f6dbe55daf078aa6cc23aae1d.jpg

Sadly for this stupid cunt, the law in Scotland is clear in that it is down to the perception of those who hear it.

First of all his definition mentions loyalist and not protestant.

Secondly I heard it and thought racism. No court is going to buy the I was not being racist I was being sectarian defence.

Just now, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Sadly for this stupid cunt, the law in Scotland is clear in that it is down to the perception of those who hear it.

First of all his definition mentions loyalist and not protestant.

Secondly I heard it and thought racism. No court is going to buy the I was not being racist I was being sectarian defence.

No court will ever need too, this will get nowhere near that stage will be forgot about in a week like it never happened 

Had a look at the clip again and he looks absolutely disgusted and I'm now thinking instead of game's done/over anyway, it could mean "I'm done with this shit. It's over for me"! I wouldn't blame him for the shit he gets. I couldn't take it and be jailed long ago. 

Hopefully not the case and it only strengthens his resolve to bury those bastards and gets the last laugh.

One thing's for sure, the club need to do it's utmost to protect him and get this sorted. No fucking way he in particular returns from the break and his personal safety is put at risk, along with that of his pregnant wife.  The dignified silence and building bridges shite is over. This board must lay bare all that has gone before and guilty brought to book. Namely those spineless appeasing bastards at the SFA and nonce fc and it's hordes.

I won't hold my breath in either the SFA nor plod doing anything about it, without sustained pressure from the club, so I hope they are up to the fight.

This country is a fucking cess pit.

Oh well here we go, the nonce fc response to all that went on. WE are the bad guys again......

celtic have hit out at a series of incidents involving Rangers fans during Sunday's clash at celtic Park.
The Parkhead club have accused away supporters of targeting home fans with missiles as well as directing 'sickening chants' at players.
celtic were beaten 2-1 by Rangers and the club have expressed their unhappiness with how away fans acted during the game.
Only 800 Rangers supporters were in attendance but the Hoops say there was a number of incidents that they will look to deal with over the coming days and weeks.
That includes the previously mentioned chants and missile throwing as well as anything else that is reported to them.
A celtic spokesperson said: "We are aware of a number of incidents from Sunday's match including celtic supporters being targeted with missiles from the away support, something which has unfortunately happened on numerous occasions previously.
"We are also aware of a number of other unsavoury incidents involving the away support, including sickening chants directed at our players and supporters.
However, as we always do, celtic will deal with these and all other incidents responsibly and in a dignified and professional manner and in a way which protects the greater good of the game."

To note, nothing mentioned about how they will be investigating the racism in a dignified and professional manner of course.

If they died violent painful deaths tomorrow, it wouldn't be fucking soon enough for me.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Victim blaming now.  

Of all I’ve heard and read that takes the absolute biscuit , any suggestion that any media organisation down south would tolerate that kind of victim blaming is ridiculous in my opinion but when it comes to Rangers and Morelos in particular it’s about par for the course . 

Club 1872 is aware of the torrent of agenda driven and at times xenophobic coverage of incidents involving Alfredo Morelos following Rangers’ victory in the Old Firm game on 29th December.

We are working to catalogue these incidents and will make relevant submissions to the Independent Press Standards Organisation, and any other relevant bodies, once we have examined them over the coming days. We also note the disturbing silence from many politicians and commentators who have been quick to comment on similar incidents in the past.

One instance which we can confirm we will be taking forward is an article by Ewing Grahame which appeared in the Scottish Sun quoting ‘sports psychologist’ Tom Lucas. The article itself was full of, at best, xenophobic comments about Alfredo Morelos and South American people but what is of additional concern is that it appears Mr Lucas is not in fact a sports psychologist at all. The title is protected under legislation covering health professionals. It is a criminal offence for a person to use a designated title to which they are not entitled. Mr Lucas does not appear on the publicly searchable HCPC register to use such a title.

As well as submitting this information to IPSO we will also be submitting a complaint to HCPC regarding Mr Lucas’ use of the title. It will be for them to decide what the appropriate action is. It is indicative of the hysteria surrounding the player that this rubbish ever made it through the editorial process and into a Scottish newspaper.

More broadly, there is a growing and increasingly concerning trend in Scotland to ignore, excuse and in some cases encourage the racist abuse which is dished out to Alfredo Morelos. There are multiple videos circulating on social media recording this racist abuse from celtic supporters and celtic Football Club’s response, in which they appear to blame the player for this racism, is beneath contempt. That they have now issued another statement attempting to shift the focus from their fans’ racism is in keeping with their well documented refusal to take any responsibility for the offences committed by those associated with their club.

We will update members and the wider Rangers support on our efforts in this area early in the New Year. In the meantime, we wish Alfredo all the best with his fantastic charitable efforts in Colombia, which do so much to help the community in his hometown.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Club 1872 is aware of the torrent of agenda driven and at times xenophobic coverage of incidents involving Alfredo Morelos following Rangers’ victory in the Old Firm game on 29th December.

We are working to catalogue these incidents and will make relevant submissions to the Independent Press Standards Organisation, and any other relevant bodies, once we have examined them over the coming days. We also note the disturbing silence from many politicians and commentators who have been quick to comment on similar incidents in the past.

One instance which we can confirm we will be taking forward is an article by Ewing Grahame which appeared in the Scottish Sun quoting ‘sports psychologist’ Tom Lucas. The article itself was full of, at best, xenophobic comments about Alfredo Morelos and South American people but what is of additional concern is that it appears Mr Lucas is not in fact a sports psychologist at all. The title is protected under legislation covering health professionals. It is a criminal offence for a person to use a designated title to which they are not entitled. Mr Lucas does not appear on the publicly searchable HCPC register to use such a title.

As well as submitting this information to IPSO we will also be submitting a complaint to HCPC regarding Mr Lucas’ use of the title. It will be for them to decide what the appropriate action is. It is indicative of the hysteria surrounding the player that this rubbish ever made it through the editorial process and into a Scottish newspaper.

More broadly, there is a growing and increasingly concerning trend in Scotland to ignore, excuse and in some cases encourage the racist abuse which is dished out to Alfredo Morelos. There are multiple videos circulating on social media recording this racist abuse from celtic supporters and celtic Football Club’s response, in which they appear to blame the player for this racism, is beneath contempt. That they have now issued another statement attempting to shift the focus from their fans’ racism is in keeping with their well documented refusal to take any responsibility for the offences committed by those associated with their club.

We will update members and the wider Rangers support on our efforts in this area early in the New Year. In the meantime, we wish Alfredo all the best with his fantastic charitable efforts in Colombia, which do so much to help the community in his hometown.

😁 fair dos. Direct but implying plenty too 👏👏👏

Alfredo Morelos: Police probe racist chants against Rangers striker

Police Scotland are investigating a complaint of racist chants against Rangers' Alfredo Morelos in Sunday's Scottish Premiership win over celtic.

The Ibrox club said on Monday that they believed the Colombian striker was targeted during the 2-1 victory.

Police also confirmed "offensive social media material" is also being probed and that enquiries are ongoing.

Morelos, 23, was sent off near the end of the derby after being shown a second yellow card for diving.

'Rangers making celtic wake up to title danger'

celtic said on Monday they had not received any reports of racial abuse but would "fully investigate any should these be brought to our attention".

Rangers' victory moved them to within two points of league leaders celtic, with a game in hand to play in the new year.

Morelos was pictured drawing a hand across his neck in an apparent throat-cutting gesture as he left the field following his dismissal.

celtic said they were "aware of the gestures made by the player towards celtic supporters".

But Rangers had said in an earlier statement on their website it was "a gesture used commonly throughout South America to indicate quite simply that something - in this case, the match - is finished".

Archived