Confidence

corkinator

I think we’ve been excellent for pretty much the whole season so far.

i felt ultra confident heading into Sunday’s game, so much so I texted my mate after the hibs game and said we would beat them. 

anyway my point is, was this the most confident you felt facing them away from home? 

My Auld Man was convinced on Sunday.  Honestly never seen him as confident. Even when they got the penalty etc, nah we're beating those cunts today.

I was confident we could outplay them there, probably the most since Advocaat era in truth football wise, but given the referee and the luck they have had recently I didn't relax until final whistle.

I'm never confident against them no matter the circumstances, I always fear the worst, that's what I tell anyone who asks, inside sometimes I feel different, cup final I was absolutely sure we would win, Sunday I was absolutely sure we would lose, I hate the game for what it does to me tbh .

15 minutes ago, corkinator said:

Yeah, I should have said in the last 8/9 years.

during the early 90s and advocaats time it was no competition most games. Which was nice! 

To be honest mate . it was always difficult in OF games , even when we thumped them . They turned us over on many occasions

We are hopefully back to the days , when we regularly match or better them , unlike the last 4

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

As a wee aside -- the confidence of each player now seems to be growing with each game - great to see 

I think our European results have had a huge impact on our confidence and belief. We have beaten several teams this season in Europe who are much better than celtic. We have nothing to fear.

Yes that was the most confident I have felt facing them in the last 8\9 years.It was definitely the cup final game which made this so. As disappointing and gutting as the result was, it showed that we are the much better team. Also shows what a pathetic manager that rat lenon is. Useless pig of a man who will now crumple under the pressure along with his team.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

To be honest mate . it was always difficult in OF games , even when we thumped them . They turned us over on many occasions

We are hopefully back to the days , when we regularly match or better them , unlike the last 4

Honestly I remember going into these games KNOWING they were getting a doing. 😂😂😂

Have to say I wasn't confident , simply down to being let down by various Rangers teams in the past.

Mentality was our biggest obstacle and that hurdle has well and truly been jumped.

I just hope we don't lose any important players during the window as I believe we will now go from strength to strength 

When they cunts got a free kick late on just outside the box, the thumb was lining it up, I fucked off outside my m8s front door because it was all getting too much, he shouted he's fucking blazed it over the bar m8, I came back in shaking like fuck, horrible the state this gets us in, then that final whistle and we've won, limbs everywhere and the greatest feeling in the world. 

I was confident before the game and during it and even when they got the pen I immediately thought of shagger saving against smarmyass and I had believed he would save it.  I thought at ht just keep playing our good football and we would be rewarded which we were. I also believed Arfield would come on late to battle through and keep our lead. I knew this game was ours but it’s now a spring board as we need to win every game until we play them at Ibrox to which I’m sure Alfredo will be getting his goals.

Funnily enough I was more confident going to parkhead after the LCF than before it .

I felt after that performance we had more than a good chance of beating them - not only did the LCF  give our players confidence , it would also have cast doubt into theirs too . 

We should be confident we're winning games at a rate a lot of great Rangers sides haven't even managed.

Right now we've won as many league games as Advocaat's 99-2000 side (also dropped 7 points after 19) and McLeish's 02-03 side though they hadn't lost by this point and the same goes for the 67-68 team who didn't lose until the last day and lost the league. These are the only 3 Rangers sides to match the 2019-20 side after 19 games from 1955 when 34+ game seasons started.

I stand by the fact that right now Rangers are the only team that can beat celtic or Rangers!

3 hours ago, corkinator said:

I think we’ve been excellent for pretty much the whole season so far.

i felt ultra confident heading into Sunday’s game, so much so I texted my mate after the hibs game and said we would beat them. 

anyway my point is, was this the most confident you felt facing them away from home? 

I was very confident and predicted a 2-1 win. My only complaint is it should have been 2-0 

32 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

We should be confident we're winning games at a rate a lot of great Rangers sides haven't even managed.

Right now we've won as many league games as Advocaat's 99-2000 side (also dropped 7 points after 19) and McLeish's 02-03 side though they hadn't lost by this point and the same goes for the 67-68 team who didn't lose until the last day and lost the league. These are the only 3 Rangers sides to match the 2019-20 side after 19 games from 1955 when 34+ game seasons started.

I stand by the fact that right now Rangers are the only team that can beat celtic or Rangers!

I agree with this

We're so far ahead of the other teams in the league (as are the filth) that I'd genuinely be surprised if either of us drop points in the run up to the next OF at Ibrox

I can usually tell in the first 5mins if our team is up for it just by how composed and relaxed the players look.

If we look nervous and struggle to control the ball and compete simple passes I start to worry. 

In the LCF and Of game there we were really on it and should have won both games. 

I genuinely think we've got their number now...our only enemy is complacency and slipping up, dropping points when teams park the bus against us. We will drop points and have some scares but so will they...pressure is on them now to respond. I think by end of Feb we'll have opened up a 5 point gap and Lennon will be in meltdown.

7 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

I genuinely think we've got their number now...our only enemy is complacency and slipping up, dropping points when teams park the bus against us. We will drop points and have some scares but so will they...pressure is on them now to respond. I think by end of Feb we'll have opened up a 5 point gap and Lennon will be in meltdown.

I don't think complacency will get us but I do think every manager in the league outside of the OF will be studying the Kilmarnock game in absolute awe of their anti-football and will look to replicate it against us. Wouldn't surprise me to see 10 man defensive walls in every game up until the split. Regardless of how good your players are, it's always difficult to beat a GK while shooting through 4 or 5 bodies standing directly in front of you who are throwing out every limb and supplemented by a referee who can't/won't see the clear handballs or fouls anywhere around their box. This team definitely has the ability and the confidence needed to win the league and we as fans need to not get frustrated by any opponents negative tactics and transfer it down onto our players. 

We know Lennon can't handle pressure. Let's see how they respond to our challenge.

We just need to keep winning. I've always thought Lennon would eventually destroy that team, so have hated watching their level of consistency as in most seasons we'd be clear with our form. I'm hoping the meltdown starts now and they don't go and win another 11 games on the spin like they did after Livingston. Hopefully they draw at Killie and we go top on goal difference with a game in hand.

Its on us now.......keep winning, be relentless.....

Archived