Braga

Escobar

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Been venue for the last 3 finals, no idea why though.

Shit looking venue for a final and a clear advantage for braga. Madness really, imagine we had to play the fenians at their hole in a cup final? Would be riots.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/01/2020 at 14:44, lewisrfc93 said:

Shit looking venue for a final and a clear advantage for braga. Madness really, imagine we had to play the fenians at their hole in a cup final? Would be riots.

Probably because there isn't a national stadium in Portugal and there is more chance of one of the big 3 teams making it rather than Braga, at least that the only thing I can think of.

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Ffs they are in cracking form which is worrying as ours is the complete opposite. 

We need to snap out of this soon or our full season will be over in a few weeks. 

We always seem to perform better in Europe.  It's when teams sit back and we run out of ideas that is the issue. Teams that actually want to play, we seem to thrive at. Not saying I'm expecting a victory but I think we will be a hell of a lot better than lately.

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

We always seem to perform better in Europe.  It's when teams sit back and we run out of ideas that is the issue. Teams that actually want to play, we seem to thrive at. Not saying I'm expecting a victory but I think we will be a hell of a lot better than lately.

These are the games where our defensive minded midfielders thrive. Davis is fantastic when we are under pressure. Always looking for the ball and finding a player to play us out of trouble.

It’s going forward we have the problem. There’s next to no creativity or spark from our midfield. Sideways, backwards or an aimless Davis chip over the top. 

5 hours ago, stevemac said:

Hopefully mate and I know we are capable of a lot better.

We’ve been absolutely outstanding in Europe this season but Braga seem to be hitting incredible form at the right time whilst we’re going backwards at an alarming rate. 

Still looking forward to the tie but I’ve a very strong feeling it’s the end of the road for us. 

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They signed Abel Ruiz on loan in the transfer window who is meant to be a promising young player.

That the ex Barca B player? Think they've also sold a player to Barca for 20 odd million, but he stays at Braga til the summer.

Think this will be a hard test for us, likely too hard the form both teams are in 

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That the ex Barca B player? Think they've also sold a player to Barca for 20 odd million, but he stays at Braga til the summer.

Think this will be a hard test for us, likely too hard the form both teams are in 

Aye he’s not got a lot of first team experience but he’s highly rated.

Not sure if it’s a loan, a loan with an option, or a loan with compulsory purchase. They have done various deals in this break for younger guys, Wague, Todibo were similar. They tend to insert buy back clauses on them too.

47 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Flanagan dropped from Europa league squad. 

A bit strange imo. I'm not a fan of his, far prefer Patterson or Polster as back up to Tav domestically. But if there was a time for a more defensive minded full back cover it would be against good teams in Europe. 

Who is in that will be classed as full back cover? 

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A bit strange imo. I'm not a fan of his, far prefer Patterson or Polster as back up to Tav domestically. But if there was a time for a more defensive minded full back cover it would be against good teams in Europe. 

Who is in that will be classed as full back cover? 

Halliday and Polster.

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Flanagan dropped from Europa league squad. 

He shouldn’t kick a ball for us again.  He’s been terrible.  

Halliday and Flanagan are out of contract this summer.  Hopefully we bring in a quality backup to Barisic.  Polster and Patterson as cover for Tavernier should be adequate.  

Archived