Rangers v Lokomotiv Tashkent

Dave Hedgehog

33 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You’ve no idea about Barker or anyone else.

He’s not judging it just on the game will be the whole weeks training camp

"I noticed that as well, I don't think the likes of Barker have done themselves proud"

Is that easier for you to read?  

I...  personally think Barker is shite and didn't take the opportunity to impress anyone in this friendly, You're just going to have to deal with that. :lol:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Greg Stewart played well. Thought Jones also did well in the time he was on, you could see he was ring rusty but also that he can make a difference.

I think both could be useful players if they keep pushing on, maybe not week in week out starters but handy back up.

Aribo is an amazing player but he really doesnt fit our midfield 3 at all. 

He reminds me so much of Ozil best suited as a number 10 with not many responsibilities apart from creating chances and skinning folk. When hes in our 3 having to play all over the place when he picks it up deep he slows the play right down. 

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Cheers mate.Could only find the one goal..... nice set up play by Jones and finish by Stewart.

Stewart does ever so well here imo, the pass from Jones is slightly behind him so he takes a wee touch with his left to pull it into his path and finishes with his weaker right all while being closed down. It's an excellent finish

3 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Stewart does ever so well here imo, the pass from Jones is slightly behind him so he takes a wee touch with his left to pull it into his path and finishes with his weaker right all while being closed down. It's an excellent finish

Spot on mate........... I was actually thinking about starting a thread asking fans who they think is our most under rated player........... it would be Greg Stewart all day long for me.Cracking player imo.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Good to see Ojo get another goal and an assist 

I know you are at the wind-up with Ojo but if people want to base things simply based on stats then Jamie Murphy pre-injury has an excellent record.

Personally, I try not to get too carried away with stats barring the obvious (Morelos 28 goals). Some people will think Jones played well because he got an assist. I thought he was bang average today.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I know you are at the wind-up with Ojo but if people want to base things simply based on stats then Jamie Murphy pre-injury has an excellent record.

Personally, I try not to get too carried away with stats barring the obvious (Morelos 28 goals). Some people will think Jones played well because he got an assist. I thought he was bang average today.

Could be Murphy has just never fully recovered from his injury.  You get players who are never the same after major injuries then you get others like Dave Smith who come back from two leg breaks and never break stride.

Feel people try to fit in players like Halliday and Murphy cause they're  Bears, id punt both, could do a job for a Dundee level club bit like Dorrans.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Could be Murphy has just never fully recovered from his injury.  You get players who are never the same after major injuries then you get others like Dave Smith who come back from two leg breaks and never break stride.

Feel people try to fit in players like Halliday and Murphy cause they're  Bears, id punt both, could do a job for a Dundee level club bit like Dorrans.

Yes their days are both numbered.

47 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He wasn’t even good enough pre-injury. 

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Why do you think he will keep Murphy when he can't even get stripped for a friendly? I don't thing Gerrard has handled the Murphy situation well.

In what way, we dont see anything of the training that goes on, for all we know murphy is lafferty style poor at training under Gerrard 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In what way, we dont see anything of the training that goes on, for all we know murphy is lafferty style poor at training under Gerrard 

You are right, no-one really knows how he looks in training. But I do know he has worked ever so hard to try and gain his pre-injury fitness and form. Surely he deserved minutes today unless he has injured himself this week in training.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

In Gerrard's post-match interview he said " some people grab opportunities and others push themselves further away "

I would say Patterson, Ojo & Stewart grabbed their opportunities.

For anyone that watched the game - who pushed themselves further away?

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Murphy is massively overrated by many on here. Think people have forgotten his inept performances against the scum x 2/3, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs etc.

His best games came against Hamilton, Ayr and Dundee. Only time he ever really impressed was the game at home to Hearts.

Him, Barker and Ojo would all go if down to me.

The same games that Tavernier and Morelos were gash as well? 

He was shite against Aberdeen and Hibs out wide and done a lot better through the middle.

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Couldn't care less if both were also gash as they have proved their worth to our club, been consistent and performed in big games. Jamie Murphy has not.

However Morelos didn't play in all 3 against the scum, Cummings started one. Morelos was also decent in the 3-2 defeat.

And Murphy’s not had the chance.

Aye, you’re right, that’s because of how pish he was though, Murphy was decent as well in that game.

Archived